Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Am I dong too much to my skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Since I am going to be 50 in two weeks I've really stepped up the maintenance that I am doing on my face. I'm starting to worry that I may be doing too much to my skin.

I do the following:

Morning:
Cleanse with Juice Beauty Organic Facial Cleanser
Juice Beauty Antioxidant serum
H2O Plus Whitening serum (on top of the JB serum)
Juice Organics Pomegranate moisturizer mixed with pomegranate and blueberry oils, green tea extract, and blueberry extract
Juice Beauty Sheer or Sport sunscreen

In the evening:
Cleanse with Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleansing Gel
Alternate nights between Retin A and Tarozac
Top with pomegranate night cream mixed with progesterone cream, blueberry and pomegranate oil, green tea and blue berry extracts

I wait 1/2 hour after cleansing to apply the retinoids, and then 1/2 after the retinoids to apply the night cream.

I exfoliate once per week, alternating between Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for sensitive skin and Cure.

Am I doing too much to my skin? So far my skin is doing well...not dry or irritated.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds reasonable to me, and I'm usually the first person yelling "too much!".

Just keep a mindful eye out for even the slightest irritation. I seemed to be doing fine for the longest time, and then my skin suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, freaked out. Looking back, there were earlier signs of distress which I hadn't been paying attention to.

But your routine seems milder than what mine had become. I decided to follow the advice that after the first year, its not necessary to use retin a as often, and now try to allow for a "recovery" night 2 or even 3x a week from all actives, and exfoliate far less.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:26 am      Reply with quote
If your skin is happy, don't change anything!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
If you use a retin a or Tarozac every night and your skin isn't crying, then you are fine. If you feel dry and flaky, do every other night.

I don't know anything about the Juice Beauty line but the names sound great!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 am      Reply with quote
My only concern with the Juice Beauty Line is that it contains a lot of Lemon, orange, and apple, which can be irritants. My face seems OK so far, but is very dry, so perhaps I need to find a line with none of these products? Sira Organics looks good, but is expensive, as is the Body deli. Maybe 100% Pure or Eminence?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
As your face is very dry perhaps you should avoid products containing fruit juices, as they are acidic.
Too much acid over time will dry out the skin further and make it vulnerable to conditions such as rosacea.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing better since I switched from the antioxidant to the soothing serum. It's a shame because, overall, I love Juice Beauty and see a difference in my skin. I also use Cerave as my night cream mixed with pomegranate and blueberry oils so that seems to help as well.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
That sounds reasonable to me, and I'm usually the first person yelling "too much!".

Just keep a mindful eye out for even the slightest irritation. I seemed to be doing fine for the longest time, and then my skin suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, freaked out. Looking back, there were earlier signs of distress which I hadn't been paying attention to.

But your routine seems milder than what mine had become. I decided to follow the advice that after the first year, its not necessary to use retin a as often, and now try to allow for a "recovery" night 2 or even 3x a week from all actives, and exfoliate far less.

HI
can i know the brand of pomegranate cream you are using?

thanks
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use Juice Organics which has some great ingredients, but is very hard to find. I buy mine from Vitacost.com. I just started using the Shira pomegranate toner that I buy here...best and gentlest toner I have ever used!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:48 am      Reply with quote
OP,

Your regimen is a walk in the park compared to this YouTuber's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leoxb6KIQ58
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't think that you do too much.Since your skin is good,just keep it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:09 am      Reply with quote
If its working for your skin, and its doing well without irritation then you are doing fine!
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I seem to be doing well..except that I have switched my cleanser in the morning form the Juice Beauty one to the Shira Coconut and Oatmeal one..it's excellent. I have a sunscreen questions, but I'll ask in a different thread.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |