Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vi Peel vs Melange Peel for acne scarring question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
violetdream
5% products discount

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
So this is more of a theoretical question, since I already have the VI Peel booked now, but I'm trying to figure something out...

I have some light acne scarring which probably looks a lot worse to me than anyone else. It's mostly just pigmentation, but if my skin has just been heavily exfoliated or peeled off, at a certain angle you can see pitting. But it's very subtle and not my goal.

Anyway, after I did all the research, the VI Peel sounded great for this. I am too frightened of any laser treatments due to even the slight possibility of burning - I would never be able to forgive myself if I made things worse!

I had a coupon to a place that I got Botox at earlier in the year so I went in to ask them about their VI Peel. The doctor immediately shut down my suggestion/questions about the VI Peel, claiming it "wasn't that powerful" or something like that. But they do offer it, so if it was that bad, you'd think they wouldn't...She started trying to sell me on the Melange peel, which is weird since I don't really have any sun damage. I guess in theory it could work, but when I tired to search for Melange Peel and scarring I couldn't really find that much.

So it's kind of a moot point since I found a deal at another place that does do a VI Peel for a great price and have it scheduled this Thursday - good amount of time for downtime on Friday and over the weekend. But...why did she suggest the Melange peel? Is there any reason to suggest this for hyperpigmentation caused by acne or scarring? My skin is not sun damaged very much at all past a few little blotches under my eyes. I got the feeling she was trying to sell me on the "hottest new thing" and cash out after thinking about it for a while, but when she gave me the flyer about the peel, I almost fell for it since she had been so no-nonsense about the Botox before.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:19 am      Reply with quote
The Melange peel is newer and the VI Peel has been reformulated and the new version has people not very happy. There isn't as much actual peeling with the VI and you have to use retinol infused towels every few days at home to get peeling.

The Melange is great with people that aren't fair skinned.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oops - forgot about this post. I went ahead and scheduled the VI peel, and I actually peeled quite a bit, which is saying something, for my tough skin.

Can you say more about the VI Peel Reformulation? I didn't know about that, maybe that's what the doctor at the skin clinic was talking about.

Also, I was thinking that I may be able to get a similar type of peel by very aggressively applying my TCA Latte. Do the ingredients and post peel towelettes matter so much or is it just basically the depth of the peel?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |