Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Accutane and growth factors
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I met with someone yesterday who truly appeared to have a skin transformation. She told me that she was on a 6 month course of Accutane and since she was so limited as to the skin care products she could use, she was using Neocutis (a growth factor product). She told me that when she saw her dermatologist for her three month check up they could not believe the quality of her skin. So I am just passing this info along for any Accutane users.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Do you know what PSP product from NeoCutis she used? The serum and cream is my guess.

That is amazing!!

Neo just launched a vitamin c serum and while it has nice results, I don't know if it will work for oily skin folks. It has zero water in it - LA in a dimethicone base. You put it on last. I can see myself breaking out from the 'cone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:03 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
Do you know what PSP product from NeoCutis she used? The serum and cream is my guess.

That is amazing!!

Neo just launched a vitamin c serum and while it has nice results, I don't know if it will work for oily skin folks. It has zero water in it - LA in a dimethicone base. You put it on last. I can see myself breaking out from the 'cone.

I'm not sure what Neocutis product she was using - I'm not familiar with the line. Actually, I'm not even familiar with Accutane, but she said that while on the treatment we was really limited to what topicals she could use and that is why she went with the Neocutis. I've never seen such an amazing difference in someone's skin, but she is probably in her early 30's and maybe that's why it was so successful. The funny thing is that the dermatologist that prescribed the Accutane was not the place that where she got the Neocutis.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Accutane is the nuclear weapon of acne drugs. It works but is really harsh on the whole body (short term and long term) and is used as a last resort.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
Accutane is the nuclear weapon of acne drugs. It works but is really harsh on the whole body (short term and long term) and is used as a last resort.

And can make major skin changes. AnnieR here has used it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
My friend used it and his acne was horrible. The pits and the infected looking lesions were horrible. What I remember most about when he was taking Accutane was his skin peeling off around his mouth. There wasn't enough lip balm in the world to keep his skin attached. But in less than 6 month his skin was under control and he was fine. So he didn't get IBS or have major depression so I would call it a miracle cure for him.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
There was a thread here in the past about low-dosage Accutane being used to reverse photoaging etc. but it can't be used by women planning to have children anytime soon in the future....scary stuff, but powerful when used in the right situations.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I do love the stuff as a complete skin transformation when you have breakouts. Yes, it can make your lips and nose dry but only when you take larger doses. The maintenance dose does not.
It tightens your pores to a level of non-existent.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |