Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dark Circles - Sinuses?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
You know when we've discussed this topic before, I'd like to ask those that have panda eyes a quick question. Do you have any allergies / sinus trouble?

Now I'll tell you why Cool I do and it's been driving me mad - I'm now sure it contributed to my trip to the dentist, anyway I bought one of those neti pots or if you're not in to yoga it looks like a little watering can, you fill it with water or saline, put the spout to a nostril tilt your head over the sink and let the down over the sink and let the fluid run through. I've done this for a couple of days and I'm sure it's having an effect on my dark circles Smile

I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean good effect or bad effect on your dark circles....... It sounds positively eye watering. Im glad to say, I dont have any allergies. Im thinking the darkness underneath my eyes was less noticeable and Im using Okusil and Alphaderma CE, I use it all over with the prep, eye lids and all Shock No harm yet so Im getting on with it. Maybe the Dermalogica hydrating mask is helping. Even if it isnt I love using it as it is so refreshing, and every morning Im amazing at how fast it soaks in. Cool
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
my boyfriend uses those things for his sinuses. I've never noticed if it affects his circles.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Does he have circles lianne? I always thought men got off lightly with things like that. Glad to hear Im wrong, why should we be the only ones to suffer.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
he does because he never sleeps....he's also got clogged pores and won't do anything about it Rolling Eyes

at least i can tweeze the unibrow and can scare him into pulling the nose hairs :-&
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch!

You need to train him better, Cindibloke has his own mens range, including Decleor, Elemis and Baxters of California, he has more stuff than me..... hmm Liar
Mabsy

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Eve - allergies and sinus problems can be a cause of dark circles and also puffy eyes. It has something to do with the congestion/pressure in the area and the inability of the lymthatic fluids to drain away properly.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Eve - allergies and sinus problems can be a cause of dark circles and also puffy eyes. It has something to do with the congestion/pressure in the area and the inability of the lymthatic fluids to drain away properly.

A positive effect Cindi Smile it's not painful - not when your nasal passages are clear Smile

Mabsy -I think that's it!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had to use one of those nose cleansing (torture) device after I had my sinus surgery. I didn't notice any improvement on my dark circles though Confused
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I do have allergies & sinus problems & I also do yoga and practice neti. When I am being a "slacker" though, my circles are worse. Men do generally get away with less noticeable circles b/c our skin tends to be thinker and more densly pigmented than women. (usually, not always).
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I do have allergies & sinus problems & I also do yoga and practice neti. When I am being a "slacker" though, my circles are worse. Men do generally get away with less noticeable circles b/c our skin tends to be thinker and more densly pigmented than women. (usually, not always).

yes and you age slower than us women Sad bugger Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
yes and you age slower than us women Sad bugger Very Happy

That is just not fair! Laughing
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, but we have to shave. You ladies are less hairy. Well, most of you are. Laughing
Mabsy

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Yeah, but we have to shave. You ladies are less hairy. Well, most of you are. Laughing

Laughing Yes, and yet we still wax!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:

yes but your face is a teeny tiny little area, have you tried shaving your pits, knicker area & legs, it's a good job we're flexible! Laughing
schatze
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have had trouble breathing at night my whole life. I recently decided to see what I could find to change this pattern. Not only do I think my eye circles suffer from the stuffy sinuses, but the disrupted sleep. Well, I am doing much better since I started taking N-acetylcystiene and Vitamin A. I discovered on the net that these were supposed to help loosen mucus and I notice a big difference. I also upped my water intake. Best of all, the bags under my eyes have greatly reduced and I am breathing better all night.

schatze
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Eve,
Now you shouldn't go assuming that all men only shave their face! In this day of metrosexuals & image awareness, the properly groomed gentleman should be neat & trimmed everywhere! Anxious (well, in my opinion anyway) And no, I don't shave my legs (although I have - never again!), but when was the last time you shaved your chest?
Beat that one! Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like when men shave anything besides their face.

They are allowed to wax their backs however. I hate a hairy back!!

Armpit and other hairs should be neatly trimmed.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Here here !!!! Laughing
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Eve,
Now you shouldn't go assuming that all men only shave their face! In this day of metrosexuals & image awareness, the properly groomed gentleman should be neat & trimmed everywhere! Anxious (well, in my opinion anyway) And no, I don't shave my legs (although I have - never again!), but when was the last time you shaved your chest?
Beat that one! Laughing

hmm, true, I have nothing wrong with pruning here and there, I hear it is often used to 'accentuate' certain features.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |