Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The scam of vitamins in pills
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Sorry double post above, but here are some other thoughts:

Some people are deficient in vitamins/minerals and by far if you are then usually the body is not in a place to absorb it from foods because its not functioning properly, so supplementation is a must there, and so I think its really unfair to say that the “Industry is a HUGE SCAM” because it does have a good purpose and for a lot of people it works.

That’s not to say I don’t think there is corruption in the industry – but then what industry doesn’t have that. It is about education and also supply and demand.

With Vitamins, Vit C (ascorbic acid for example) cannot be manufacturered by the body, and so needs to be taken in food or supplement form. A study from a few years back done by a Farmer’s Association detailed that Oranges had 40% less Vit C than they did 10 years ago, and that may be due to the soil being depleted of magnesium etc. However Vit C is water soluble and so passes through the body so unless you were eating an orange every hour, you need to supplement it to ensure your body has the right amount.

Also Vit C is both light and heat sensitive and these deplete the Vitamin C potency, so even if you were to live and breathe only air and light, you would still be causing an oxidation process within the body which if left unattended would end up killing your body.

Fruit also is very high in sugars. Now sure it’s a natural sugar, but even though it is it doesn’t stop the body going into reaction to sugars and producing insulin etc which is not healthy. Vegetables are better than fruits because they do not cause the insulin spike and usually have higher mineral quotient than fruits do.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Panos, but as long as my body has a stomach, intestines, bowels and an anus, I'm going to keep eating food. If we didn't need food our bodies would not be supplied with the means to process it.

Your posts are contradictory and unsubstantiated. Unless you're willing to link to scientific evidence for your theories, you'll just have to get used to your posts being laughed at.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you luckylouie for putting it so elegantly. I have been trying to deliver the same words but in a less polite fashion and applaud you for saying it in that polite and gentle way.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Panos, I tend to agree with your stance on vitamins - I think the industry is just a huge unnecessary cash cow.

However, I do wish you'd practice what you preach. Instead of advising others to become breatharian, why don't you do it yourself?

Incidentally, your own country, Greece, is home to people who have exceptional longevity - residents live well past their nineties with low instances of cancer and dementia.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/31/ikaria-greece-longevity-secrets-age

Most of them put their longevity down to drinking wine - so they're people after my own heart!! "στην υγειά μας!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20924967

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Everything in moderation and I love wine too Keliu so raise the glass.

How can anyone live on breathing alone. Really - homeosapiens die without sustanence.
Panos stop eating fruit, nuts - whatever... No don't but really how would that sustain productive life?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=13963

This is an article about the Breatharian movement.. it was really tragic till I read the last paragraph about a well known advocate getting busted outside a gas station with a hot dog, slurpee, and a box of twinkies. This whole conversation makes me really hungry to be honest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know if human is breatherian nor do i care.

But i do certainly know that if i abstain from cooked and certain types of food and eat mainly or only for a few days fruit juices,skin glows.
And i feel like fibrous tissues are being releasead and a sudden wave of oxygen kicks into problematic areas.

Our perfect source for food seems to be the sweet fruit.It contains most of the stuff that supports life.
My experience says if i want glowing skin then fruitarian is the way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=13963

This is an article about the Breatharian movement.. it was really tragic till I read the last paragraph about a well known advocate getting busted outside a gas station with a hot dog, slurpee, and a box of twinkies. This whole conversation makes me really hungry to be honest.

Laughing I hate people who lie so nothing gives me more pleasure than to see them exposed. Pity there was no video to capture the footage; it would've made for even better comedy to see their faces.

Sorry that lady lost her life though. It's a darn shame that people can mislead others without any conscience whatsoever. I wonder what they gain from this? I think one has to have a sadistic sick mind to take advantage of gullible folk like this.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
It's a darn shame that people can mislead others without any conscience whatsoever. I wonder what they gain from this? I think one has to have a sadistic sick mind to take advantage of gullible folk like this.

Dito.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
There is another report about an indian women at 68 who looked like a child ,taht never ate or drunk anything but did her housework like the rest of women.
Her name was like Srimati Giri bala Devi

I "guess" you got you wording from an excerpt of this book. Page 9.
http://books.google.es/books?id=RSdt-s6dqj0C&pg=PA9&lpg=PA9&dq=Srimati+Giri+bala+Devi&source=bl&ots=paihZNfsQW&sig=TFIhbtb7bpgXN8vbYeOqI5fABdE&hl=es&sa=X&ei=zmP9Uo_hHYOHswbKyoG4Cw&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Srimati%20Giri%20bala%20Devi&f=false
Haven't read the book. Have your read it? The excerpts I have read are really interesting information to digest.
I've seen you've been posting on other forums previously, and been banned for whatever reason??
Don't understand your point? What do you aim to achieve by just criticising and being negative? Do you yourself konw?

TIA.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
If only that was the case in life.
In fact i dont care anymore.Things are going their own way.

Most humans on earth should have glowing and flowless skin.Because most other animals in nature
really have perfect skin and body /shape.

But what goes wrong with human beings?
Actually many things.
-We dont breathe fresh air and cant stand the cold in the room so we buy heat appliancies harming our health.
-We use hot water showers that normally dont occur in nature ,drying our skin and evaporating our precious fluids that give the plump feeling.
-We cook our foods.
-We take supplements.
-we remove facial and body hair that protect us from uv ray.
-we use sunscreens and make up.
-we dont condsider fruits as a real food but as a dessert substitute.
-we dont even know what to eat but listen to nutritionists.
-we dont accept life as it comes.
-etcetc

If we were really free,absolutely free,we would be living as a tribe-family,living in harmony with nature,eating our food from nature as it is intended and dont harm the animals.Having the best skin care ever coming from thousands years of botanical use.You cant beat the skin of the indigenous young girls.
This is freedom and not a hippe wishful thinking.

But still i love civilization,i cant live without it even though i realise its just a piece of crap.
Nutrition,health science ,what a joke.
Everything is a joke in the civilised world ,its a method to ease your uneased mind.
And it is uneased because you are not aware of your existence.And when you do ,you smile again and beauty comes again .

I ask myself if i had now flowless perfect skin,what would i do.Would i be really happy?
In fact i would just realised how much time i spent obsessing over my skin and feeling unhappy with flows.
Because nothing fails more than success.

All these forums are just a library of big jokes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 am      Reply with quote
You are very judgmental about so many things – it never ceases to amaze me because I’m pretty sure that must be having an impact on your life.

For one you are targeting human beings as a whole with these comments and whilst there is some truth its not completely true.

The temperature has dropped noticeably all over the world. Whether from global warming or whatever, there is no way our ancesters experienced the same that we do now so having some heating applicances is a necessity and doesn’t mean we are harming our health if we are using them.

Granted many of us don’t breathe fresh air, but many of us can’t just up sticks and go and live in the mountains.

Hot water does occur in nature – there is a huge misconception that water is cold – it isn’t. In the deserts and India for example there are natural hot springs that are substantially hotter than any shower system you have probably ever used.

Cooking foods – okay will give you that one, but eating raw food you can keep. We live in a modern society where money is precious and not everyone has the available funds to eat organic 100% of the time anyway. Plus it would be pretty boring if we all did exactly the same. Whilst there are some benefits to eating raw (look at Tonya Zavastro) not everyone’s body can cope with switching to a raw food diet.

Supplements are not actually as evil as you make out – in fact I think they can be life saving because our soils are depleted in minerals and even if you ate organic, it doesn’t mean you are getting the same range of vitamins/minerals that you would have gotten several years ago prior to mass produced farming etc.

Sunscreen and makeup – well some sun exposure is great but like most things its about balance. Over exposure is dangerous.

Also not all indigenous young girls have great skin. Again a huge misconception and judgment on your part there. Some indigenous girls have terrible skin issues. Plus they do not have to put up with the strains of today’s modern world that we in the Western world do so. Not that I’m knocking them – I know they have hard enough lives but the comparison is stupid. Its like comparing fruits against vegetables – they are entirely different yet both are god.

There is absolutely little if any proof behind your statements, and even when asked for it you always turn to mumbling hippy rubbish that whilst might be idealistic isn’t actually proven. If you were able to provide studies or real proof then people might be more willing to listen, but when you turn your opinions into seeming facts its silly and you can’t expect people not to question it.

Living as you do, and I have asked you before to prove your words with posting a photo so we can all see how marvellous your skin is – but the act you say here “if I had now flawless perfect skin, what would I do” seems to suggest that you are unhappy with your skin so I can’t help but wonder what makes you such the expert to judge people here?

These forums are not a library of big jokes, but of opinions, views and reviews about products and you have in essence never understood that from the beginning, and that’s also why you were thrown off other forums in the past because you fail to understand that.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry dont have the will to spend much energy
on this.

Because things are much simpler than the debate you are trying to make.

My lymph glands tell me i am a fruitarian.I feel super clean and glowing.But i eat stuff that rarely appear in nature without human manipulation.And that comes with consequences.
Meat is without doubt not human food.
Vegetables dont appear in nature very often.
Grains too.

So if i waked up tomorrow and knowing nothing coming from civilization i would eat out of pure instict the fruit of the trees and the herbs/grass(dandeliion etc) of the land.And they would taste heavenly like they do now.
And no meat because i have strong anti -kill insticts and am not an hypocrite.It must be real.

I am the first person that has lived on earth.LOL.I want to act like this.No one has been before me ,so no one can teach me what to eat and do and how to do it.And then for the first time i can finally learn.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
panos - I say do what feels right to you. If that is eating only fruit and breathing well. Good for you.

Sis

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:18 am      Reply with quote
If it wasn't for vitamins, supplements, herbs, I would have never gotten pregnant in the first place when doctors told me I could not. I don't believe for a second that vitamins are bad for us. I would be on so many different meds for various health issues if I left it in the hands of doctors. Instead, I take very good care of myself and use supplements that work for me. Helped my infertility and just recently cured a hemorrhage in my eye. Even the doctors were amazed.

You do what's best for you...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
panos - I say do what feels right to you. If that is eating only fruit and breathing well. Good for you.

Sis

if i am hungry instead of eating cooked food with whole bread dipped in olive oil salad(i eat too much of this and causes oilness) i can eat 15 oranges and feel full plus having glowing skin!!!

Or i can eat 6 bananas and feel fine with good skin.

or eat 1 bowl of pomegranate,which is by far the best for making you looking good.i am amazed by pomegranate.
Cooked food gives bad skin,grains the same,and vegetables are good for skin but i cant eat them without grains and olive oil.
Another guy with amazing skin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elgyE5rd4hg

And the thing is that i know i will feel bad after cooked food and with oilness,but i still do it.Its a matter of appreciating again the simple things and simple tastes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
If it wasn't for vitamins, supplements, herbs, I would have never gotten pregnant in the first place when doctors told me I could not. I don't believe for a second that vitamins are bad for us. I would be on so many different meds for various health issues if I left it in the hands of doctors. Instead, I take very good care of myself and use supplements that work for me. Helped my infertility and just recently cured a hemorrhage in my eye. Even the doctors were amazed.

You do what's best for you...

I totally agree with you WhiteWolf. If it were not for supplements, I doubt I would have stopped needing to see a doc several times a month for UTI, yeast infection, eczema, hay fever, flu...you name it. Diet change and supplements galore later and I'm a new person. I have a had a clean bill of health for the last 11 years at every physical exam except the one time I was told I was borderline anemic and I had actually forgotten to include liver in my diet that month so it was no wonder. Iron supplements were recommended and I take them at that time of the month...and so far so good.

Ted Carr's skin is OK. It does not blow me away. The dude is only 23 years old for crying out loud. Confused http://www.rawveganathletics.com/ Most people his age have good skin. Just look at Google Images of 23 Year Old Guys. And I bet some of those men with lovely skin eat junk but at 23...pfft, it hardly shows!

Methinks Fruitarians must have really awful diets before they switch over which is why they are so impressed by how good they feel and look. While those of us who've been eating healthily all along but including meats/seafood, vegetables, fruits, good fats and nuts in our diets just become so used to having normal looking skin that it's hard to identify with the excitement of Fruitarians. I mean, every time the topic of Fruitarianism has come up in the last year it is the skin we have been pointed to and were expected to marvel at. Neutral Color me confused because I see better skin in people who do not eat only fruits. Besides I do not believe leaving out whole food groups is healthy at all. When pomegranates were in season, I just about ate one every single day, along with my meat, veggies (cooked and raw), nuts, legumes, etc. And I still ate bananas (like I did today), and oranges, and blueberries (like I did today), and apples (like I did yesterday)... So it's not like we don't get those wonderful nutrients Fruitarians think they have a claim over.

An example of skin that IMO is more impressive than Ted's is Robb Wolf's skin. I even prefer his body and he was almost twice the age of Ted Carr at 39 in this pic:

And what is his diet? Not fruits, sun and air, but just about everything the early man ate aka the paleo diet--(IIRC, this was once the recommendation: to eat like cavemen ate. I don't remember if that was before we were told to just breathe or just eat fruits alone--hard to keep up). Robb's way of eating is kinda how a lot of use eat. Even just the testimonials on Robb's website like that of this 50 year old are more impressive to me than what I've seen of Fruitarians.

Here's Robb's website for anyone who cares: http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
It's amazing how the human body can adapt to pretty much any diet. There are people over a thousand lbs. There are people who eat fruit with a small amount of vegetable. There are people who eat meat, meat, meat.
There are people who think that if they can run marathons every day, they must be heathy and fit.
I just googled "elderly fructarians" and clicked on a link showcasing this extraordinary couple. They looked like they had been shipwrecked on an island and survived only on fruit.
If they are how healthy fructarian look, I'll stay away.
I have healthy skin, tons of energy, no digestive problems, allergies, arthritis or headaches, and take no drugs, prescription or otherwise.
The only thing odd about me is that I've always had a tendency to eat my first meal at 2 pm or later. I forced myself to eat more often during my 6 pregnancies, but it goes against my natural tendency. I learned last year that this oddity has a name: intermittent fasting.
My husband is not like me and he does high intensity cardio-boxe 5 days a week. I prepare food he likes that I would never eat unless starving. To each his own.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes that is amaing how different people can adjust to different diets -i agree I just read about a brethearian guy thta lives in Israel that voluntered to a controled experiment
This is the first experiment that had ever been done in Israel on the possibility that prana or life's energy actually exists.
The experiment took place in a guest house with 24/7 security cameras making sure Ray Maor didn't eat or drink for 8 day!
All of the experiment was done with a regular check up by a doctor.
Needless to say that Ray is alive and very very well and left the doctors baffled. And I could say that he looks like a God
Ray Maor's experiment can be watched with English subtitles at
Part 1 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVXxEaYRhrI
Part 2 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSlM8PYih7o

it is pretty long movie but really really interesting enjoy it Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I can relate to Marie-Andree - I often do not eat until later in the day - sometimes not until dinner. It's not on purpose - I don't feel hungry until later. The standard nutritional belief is for several smaller meals throughout the day to maintain metabolism etc but it never worked for me. It was refreshing to realize that my style of eating had a name: intermittent fasting and that it is advocated in some nutritional circles (albeit a little off the mainstream).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:38 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Yes that is amaing how different people can adjust to different diets -i agree I just read about a brethearian guy thta lives in Israel that voluntered to a controled experiment
This is the first experiment that had ever been done in Israel on the possibility that prana or life's energy actually exists.
The experiment took place in a guest house with 24/7 security cameras making sure Ray Maor didn't eat or drink for 8 day!
Needless to say that Ray is alive and very very well and left the doctors baffled. And I could say that he looks like a God

talyta - I was trying to find if he explained the meaning of the number 14 and couldn't find it. Did you?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Is the number of the days he can fast without food and water . I was very impressed by this experiment
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:59 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Is the number of the days he can fast without food and water . I was very impressed by this experiment

I hope he got his $100,000 and travelled as he wished. What an interesting and likeable young man.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:16 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:

Yup he is not even underweight.Food may be scam.
But then again food is a huge part in nature for every animal.If we didnt use our teeth there would be no purpose for them rather than bite hostile animals,in which case there should be far more sharp but they are not cause we are vegans.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished viewing the 2 videos. I would say that you can go quite a while without eating. When I was at university, I decided to see how long I could go without food. I still went to school fast-walking at least 3 miles a day.
The third-fourth day I quit wanting to eat. But every day my mother would tell me that they would pick me up in a little spoon. That did it, I started eating again simply because I kept dreaming of being picked up in a little spoon!
But without water, your blood thickens, and clots can form. I think the worst thing is taking blood from a person not receiving any fluids. That's what happened to my mom while under the "care" of a hospital.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |