Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

At what age we can start using Tretinoin and Copper peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SaharKhlifi
5% products discount

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi friends, I'm Sahar from Tunisia. Today is my first post in EDS and I want you to tell me when exactly( I mean at what age) can we start using Retin A and copper peptides skin creams and serums. I heard once that sometimes using anti-aging creams at an early age like 23 or 25 can damage your skin instead of bettering it because providing the skin with other collagen suppliers apart from the natural collagen skin produces is like you are ordering your own collagen not to regenerate anymore. Actually I think this is what happened with me when I tried to get rid of my dark circles, I put few drops of Flavo c serum in order to stimulate blood circulation and hence lighten my dark circles, as a result I got new fine lines and tear throughs in spite of just 2 weeks or one week of use. Now Im planning to start using any copper peptides cream and retin a with dermarolling. The texture of my skin is not good and have small fine lines under my eyes and hollowness. Some said that retin a can thicken the contour of the eye and brighten the dark circles. I have 25 along with a sensitive fragile skin. Should I proceed or not?
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
If you have sensitive skin your best bet is to try using Skin Doctors Skin Resurfacing Cream first to see if it does the trick and if not then try a low strength Retin A cream . Careful Retin A is strong stuff especially for those with sensitive Skin. Anyway that's to help improve the skin overtime.. As for battling Dark Circles you can try using an 12.5% TCA peel which is likely to be more effective than dermarolling in terms of the areas your attempting to fix .

Personally I think Dermarolling is very effective for making the collagen thicker overtime however TCA peels tend to provide faster results and does an better job of removing fine lines and pores.

I HIGHLY recommend you avoid using high strength TCA peels (higher than 12.5%) and high strength Retin A cream until you know your skin can handle it , start on the low strengths first and see if it is effective enough.

As for what age... Any age past 20 can start using Retin A and Copper Peptides however my recommendations are based on your concerns.

If you want to stimulate blood circulation there is always the option of using light essential oils and/or using an natural/organic cream which contain essential oils to help stimulate blood circulation.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:47 am      Reply with quote
SaharKhlifi to me Retin A is a prescription medicine and so if you are interested in using it you need to have a conversation with a qualified dermatologist who can advise you on your skin needs/concerns and then recommend products for you to use. Retin A isn't the best choice for sensitive or fragile skins, and you can go through some "awkward" results but there are more studies on Retin A than any other topical out there that show it is worthwhile doing. It needs to be done consistently though and you don't see major results until you have used it for at least a year plus.

SaharKhlifi wrote:
Hi friends, I'm Sahar from Tunisia. Today is my first post in EDS and I want you to tell me when exactly( I mean at what age) can we start using Retin A and copper peptides skin creams and serums. I heard once that sometimes using anti-aging creams at an early age like 23 or 25 can damage your skin instead of bettering it because providing the skin with other collagen suppliers apart from the natural collagen skin produces is like you are ordering your own collagen not to regenerate anymore. Actually I think this is what happened with me when I tried to get rid of my dark circles, I put few drops of Flavo c serum in order to stimulate blood circulation and hence lighten my dark circles, as a result I got new fine lines and tear throughs in spite of just 2 weeks or one week of use. Now Im planning to start using any copper peptides cream and retin a with dermarolling. The texture of my skin is not good and have small fine lines under my eyes and hollowness. Some said that retin a can thicken the contour of the eye and brighten the dark circles. I have 25 along with a sensitive fragile skin. Should I proceed or not?
SaharKhlifi
5% products discount

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
@Joseph: Thanks for replying, actually peeling is not a good option for people who live in Arab countries, I don't think it could award to permanent results for us who live in hot-sunny countries like UAE or Tunisia, my country. I don't know , but in case I planned to go for TCA peel, I should know beforehand that I have to go for over-cover, over-avoid, over-care mode... Which is difficult. I don know Joseph may be I'm wrong. If I am wrong tell me please. As for my question '' what age'', it was a general question. I want to instruct my self and culture my knowledge in beauty and cosmetics. That's why I chose EDS. People here are teaching each other, something I really liked. Though, no body answered my question '' at what age one can start using copper peptides creams and retin a? I googled it and found no one single idea about it.
@TheresaMary: Thanks for answering ,Im not sure about how my skin will react to retin a and if my skin is really fragile, Im not really 100 per cent sure, because I didn't try too much creams, I just thought that it should be fragile because I'm getting small fine lines , tear throughs and dark circles at this age. I flexed 10 days to fight hollowness under my eyes , and after few days I started noticing new fine wrinkles at the age of 25, so I stopped? Using flavo c serum for few days also endamaged my eye contour? This is why I think my skin is sensitive but Im not pretty sure. As for using it for my eyes to thicken the contour, it was just an idea, I mean am not planning to do it seriously, it's just an idea. I just want to buy it for my stretch marks. Body skin's not like face skin.People here are trying it for their stretch marks without prescription.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:41 am      Reply with quote
SaharKhlifi if your skin is very fragile and you are not working with a derm I would personally avoid Retin A. It’s a prescription medicine for a reason, and even if people are self medicating, it doesn’t mean you should do it. Sounds like you were doing spot training (only your eyes). As you are young, speak with the trainers there as they may give you different information. Body skin is a little different than the face skin but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve respect or won’t show signs of stress – your choice at the end of the day but self medicating with a powerful medicine like Retin A isn’t a good idea for someone with your skin and your age!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
SaharKhlifi I just saw your postings on another thread (Barrier Repair Creams), and honey I want to really help you out here.

Dermarolling at 25 years is a no no. You won't have lost collagen, but with all the stuff you are doing you are doing way too much for your skin and probably going to cause more problems than you need at this time. Bethany has given you some great advice, but slow down please, as I think with all these things you are doing you will create more problems, not solutions.
SaharKhlifi
5% products discount

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
@MaryTeresa: Here is my story, I will tell you everything because I want you to help me, I bought my 5 dr.rollers and sill don know how to use them nor with which cream I should use them (for my eyes and my face), still I didn't start dermarolling, yesterday I received them and I don know how to start, I am 25, still young but woke up one day and found small fine lines under my eyes , I also started noticing some tear troughs , I got chocked and I think it is because I used a very concentrated anti aging serum for the eye contour, the idea was to stimulate blood circulation in order to lighten my new dark circles and the serum was made of vitamin c and ginko biloba in high doses, it was like i was naturally hindering the production of my own collagen, as a result I got new fine lines under my eyes after one week of the serum use. I have more fine lines in the right eye... Im not sure about the reason I told you, because drops of the vitamin c serum I put weren't too much and I didn't use the serum for a long period, it was just one week or 2. May be because I'm sleeping too late since 2 years and having lots of stress and this decreases collagen in my skin. note that sometimes when I used Flavo c serum , I was mixing it with some strong essential oils (everlasting immortelle(helicryse italienne+lavender maillete) along with organic rosehip vegetal oil; this may be a cause for the sudden tear throughs and fine lines or may be because at that time was doing some facial exercices (not on regular basis). I don know , help me, I need to get back my own collagen and I'm afraid of anti-aging creams. I need a cream that can help my skin regenerate its own natural collagen, I mean I need something that can help my skin reproduce collagen by itself, my motif is to restore my own collagen to get it back and make it regenerate more and more than before. I can accept dark circles but the hollow eyes no no never, I need your support to eliminate the hollowness and the fine lines under my eyes. I'm not sure if dermaroller is the right option to choose but I think derma roller is the most natural solution to help me get back my collagen, that's why and as I told you the texture of my skin is not good and I have chicken pox scars with wrinkles. I don't think any cream will eliminate my small fine wrinkles, I need something that can help me restore collagen in a natural way.I need your advice. Will any copper peptides cream better my skin? Can we use copper peptides creams at this age? Bethany, a VIP member told me that she is not convinced about how can a skin lost collagen at this age, she said that I should go for barrier skin repair treatment. As for stretch marks, do you think I have to get a medical prescription before I buy retin a?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I 100% agree with TheresaMary! Please just give your skin a break from the high strength actives, make sure you are eating well, and stop the flexing for a bit. Your skin should recover nicely.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:44 am      Reply with quote
So CeraVE AND what else. I don want to throw my dr rollers.What will I do with them? Sad Sad Sad Can I add every lipid serum oil to CeraVe or emu oil for example. And How about chicken box scars and my dark spots. The texture, the few small fine lines under my eyes. Can any sin barrier repair treatment have promising results, because I really want to get rid of my fine wrinkles. That's why I thought of needles. I thought they can help me restore collagen. Teach me. I'm all ears. I want to send you my photos before and now. You will understand why I think that such a skin I have on my face should be in urgent need for collagen, tear throughs is a proof.
SaharKhlifi
5% products discount

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 am      Reply with quote
As for flexing, I'm not doing it on regular basis and this may be a reason for the few small lines im noticing each day...

This a conversation between Deborah crowly and a flexer called Isabelle: Under eye area / home-made cosmetics Aug 14, 2001

Hi Deb,

I am a new flexer, just bought the book and the tape two weeks ago and I have been practicing daily. I have very few lines on my face and intend to keep this way through your program.
However, I am a little alarmed at the following situation. I have noticed that since I started this regimen, I have lines under my eyes when I smile. I did not have these before and they are quite unsightly. They make me look older. Is this temporary? If so, when do things get better rather than worse?

Also, I have tried mixing liquid vitamin C, NaPca, selenium and MSM and have found it to be tacky on my skin and also smell a little funny. I did not know the proportions. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help and a great website!

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle

Most flexers go through an awkward stage in the first few months of starting the exercises. It's the hardest stage to get through and the faint of heart will fall by the wayside. It is NOT uncommon for you to notice at first, what appears to be worsening lines; however, as you continue the program and the muscle beneath and even the skin firm up, this will occur less and less. Hang in there through this stage; you'll be happy you did. Come back to the board often to keep motivated as well. It
will really help you.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Do not start with dermarolling. Save those 5 for the future, when you are older. You are still young, and it may be that you did too much too soon and just dried the skin out with all the actives you were using, so instead make it simplistic. Look at using a really good quality moisturiser and eating well for now.

You have not damaged your collagen, but you have simply done too much too soon. Even though you used a highly advanced serum, that would give someone twice your age the same effects, but using a dermaroller now is going to be way too much for your body and your skin is going to look a lot worse before it gets better.

I agree with Bethany, I do not think you have lost collagen. As for RETIN A – LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR – DO NOT USE IT. With your skin being fragile – you will ruin it if you do and I don’t think you want that.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:59 am      Reply with quote
No this is because you are using a post to someone who is in a different place, situation, genes and lifestyle than you. SaharKhlifi you need to speak with one of their trainers when you are ready to reintroduce facial exercises, but I'd really advise you not flexing now. My personal opinion is that all the stuff you are doing is not helping you and you are just overloading your skin and not getting results because of that. You can keep doing what you are doing but I think you will find that the results will get worse.
SaharKhlifi wrote:
As for flexing, I'm not doing it on regular basis and this may be a reason for the few small lines im noticing each day...

This a conversation between Deborah crowly and a flexer called Isabelle: Under eye area / home-made cosmetics Aug 14, 2001

Hi Deb,

I am a new flexer, just bought the book and the tape two weeks ago and I have been practicing daily. I have very few lines on my face and intend to keep this way through your program.
However, I am a little alarmed at the following situation. I have noticed that since I started this regimen, I have lines under my eyes when I smile. I did not have these before and they are quite unsightly. They make me look older. Is this temporary? If so, when do things get better rather than worse?

Also, I have tried mixing liquid vitamin C, NaPca, selenium and MSM and have found it to be tacky on my skin and also smell a little funny. I did not know the proportions. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help and a great website!

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle

Most flexers go through an awkward stage in the first few months of starting the exercises. It's the hardest stage to get through and the faint of heart will fall by the wayside. It is NOT uncommon for you to notice at first, what appears to be worsening lines; however, as you continue the program and the muscle beneath and even the skin firm up, this will occur less and less. Hang in there through this stage; you'll be happy you did. Come back to the board often to keep motivated as well. It
will really help you.
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry but I'm really confused as to why young people should avoid anti-aging creams why use them at 60 when you can use them in your 20's , just because some is young doesn't necessarily mean they have flawless skin and great facial features . What if a young person wanted larger eyes or higher cheekbones and chose an flex programme to do this but yet it isn't suggested as they're too young and digging a bit deeper... choose to go achieve this through cosmetic surgery yet surgeons are against this as they're too young . Personally my reason to use anti-aging creams or techniques is to give my skin a lift or tighten it , I don't think "young people" aim to remove serious sagging or deep wrinkles as its highly unlikely to happen , it is purely to make them look fresher or more alert.. in simple terms... IMO young people choose to through the anti-aging path to hide fatigue , and eating healthy isn't something all young people are disciplined with. What do you think of my opinion?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Josepy - its not so much that they shouldn’t use them, but in using them at such a young age they won’t be able to deliver effects. Most young people won’t be trying to undo years of sun damage, or heavy wrinkling and sagging, so using creams that are designed to undo those effects is simply a waste of time and money.

With the remodelling agents like CPs or Retin A (which is a prescription medicine) the body responds to these with different results at different times, so for example with Retin A you will often read of redness and flaking. If a young person isn’t educated about that, they will of course think they have done something wrong or their skin is negatively responding when the opposite is true. And of course with remodelling agents you need to use them for a lengthy period of time before they are able to deliver results, and you need to incorporate exfoliation methods too. So with these kind of topicals, they probably aren’t the wisest choice for young people to use, and usually are quite costly but hey if you got the cash to spend and want to spend it on these things you can do so – no one will stop you but you got to be realistic about what they will and can deliver.
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Very true I do believe lack of education in anti-aging regimes do get a lot of young people in trouble and I happen to be one of them haha. Best thing for a young person to use I guess is sunblock and I think they likey to have dehydrated or dry skin rather than aging skin but perceive dehydrated/dry skin as aging skin . A lot of young people do get confused between the two but may I ask... what would you recommend for a young person to do if they had eyebags or hooded eyes?
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Couple times a week first-generation CP's (GHK-Cu) probably wouldn't hurt a younger person and might even be a true anti-aging strategy, in that it would really be a preventative when started at a young age, as opposed to a corrective when started later in life.

Second generation CP's are probably too strong for a young person.

But like TeresaMary I wouldn't use Retin-A on young skin unless there was acne present or under the guidance of a physician.
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 27 and I have the same exact issues...

I tried Retain A and used it once a week but it just peeled my skin and I had to recover over the next week. So with a once a week application and a weekly downtime didn't seem worth it.

I have the fine lines too that look like cat scratches under the eyes. I think they came with the stressful year I've had. I also have oily skin and acne scars so I bought the second gen CPs and I put some under my eye and now my wrinkles are even worse!!!!!!! Sad((( I'm so depressed! What's the point?! I never had nice skin ever... And I thought with oily skin I'd at least have younger skin for longer but no such luck. Makes me feel horrible...
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 27 and I have the same exact issues...

I tried Retain A and used it once a week but it just peeled my skin and I had to recover over the next week. So with a once a week application and a weekly downtime didn't seem worth it.

I have the fine lines too that look like cat scratches under the eyes. I think they came with the stressful year I've had. I also have oily skin and acne scars so I bought the second gen CPs and I put some under my eye and now my wrinkles are even worse!!!!!!! Sad((( I'm so depressed! What's the point?! I never had nice skin ever... And I thought with oily skin I'd at least have younger skin for longer but no such luck. Makes me feel horrible...
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Personally I don't think very young people should be dealing with aggressive things like Retin-A and dermarolling unless they are dealing with acne and scarring.
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
TigerLily, I was just looking around for any threads on derma rolling.

Is there a consensus on the forum on the brand? Should I only get one from owndoc or is any one fine from Amazon? What criteria do you go by?

I have lots and lots of deep scars... The acne comes and goes (messing around with HRT but stopped, before that my skin was clear). I'm sure my acne will go away once the hormones cycle out.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
A long thread on dermarolling is here
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460

Owndoc has a lot of info on their site and in their forums
http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/

You might want to consider a dermastamp, dermapen or single needling for deep scars. But never dermaroll with an outbreak or you'll spread it around.

Quote:
Is there a consensus on the forum on the brand? Should I only get one from owndoc or is any one fine from Amazon? What criteria do you go by?

I don't think there's a consensus around here any longer. You can get them pretty cheap these days from Amazon, owndoc and even Ebay..
We usually go by how many needles we want them to have and the depth for what we want to accomplish.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |