Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:) Sunscreen help needed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I finally found out why my skin was so desperately dehydrated, flaky and spotted red all the time. It's the sunscreen. I tried lots of stuff, but not much is available here - but I did find out I have trouble with anything with titanium oxide in it, possibly zinc oxide, and chemical sunscreens. That about covers any usual sunscreen and any daycream with an SPF.
That does not leave many alternatives.
Anyone else with the same trouble? Any alternatives? TIA!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
yes! This suncreen only contains zinc oxide and I am loving it, Replenix spf 50:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49074&start=0

edited: I just realized u mentioned zinc oxide too, sorry.... however Zn is supposed to soothe skin, thus it's use in diaper rash cream bu then there r always exceptions....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow...that is horrible! But I am glad that you figured it out. Let me check the Dr. T book for you and see if he has any alternatives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tinosorb S and Tinosorb M and the Mexoryls are your friends! You will need to buy them in EU or from FrenchCosmeticsForLess.com since USA doesnt recognize them yet.

I cant use zinc or titanium either (too drying/shiny) but Uriage BarieSun Childrens Milk is just right. Cosmetically elegant and stable and non irritating.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Tinosorb S and Tinosorb M and the Mexoryls are your friends! You will need to buy them in EU or from FrenchCosmeticsForLess.com since USA doesnt recognize them yet.

I cant use zinc or titanium either (too drying/shiny) but Uriage BarieSun Childrens Milk is just right. Cosmetically elegant and stable and non irritating.

My friends too! Smile

I'm experimenting with layering avo/octoxrylene free M/T sunscreens with a cosmetically elegant physical sunscreen.

Loreal Uv Perfect spf 50 is great (although has to be purchased from Asia and only has a manufacture date printed on it). Ducray Melascreen Spf 50 is another favourite- has both the Tinosorbs without avo.

Right now, I'm using Skinceuticals Ultra Facial Defence spf 50. This one has both the Mexoryls, Tinosorb S, Octoxinate and nano Titaniumm Dioxide.

HTH.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!!!
I will look into Tinosorb, maybe I can get it as an ingredient, who knows.
An alternative I have found and may try out is an extract of red algae that supposedly works as a sunscreen (I rather like that idea, given the fact that I already use SKB and my skin does not object).
It took me btw a long while to realise what made my dryness so much worse. It may be a point of interest for other ladies who find their face is drying out to the point of actually hurting, no matter what you do, and the fine lines keep appearing and turning into deep lines.
Now I am trying to heal things by avoiding anything foaming, anything with ZO or TO in it, and making moisturizing and barrier repair top priorities for now. And yes, vaseline does help Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |