Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

physical sunscreen WITHOUT white cast

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
My BF and I both used to use devita and it worked well until the last few batches. The last two tubes we received were full of essentially white, chalky material that left a white cast on the face. My BF used to love devita, but now he hates it. He has some stubble at times on his face and the devita makes his face look like a white porcupine.

Anyways, what are my alternatives for a physical protective sunscreen that won't leave my BF face with a white cast or full of grease? The white cast is what I want to avoid at all costs! His skin isn't really oily, so he will be okay, but the white cast drives him crazy. I can't believe devita switched their zinc supplier and caused a headache for so many.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe suggestions in the following thread may work for you: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49074
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Maybe suggestions in the following thread may work for you: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49074

for me it works like a charm, no white cast... but pls note that it's not water proof...
moonprismpower

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great luck with Burn-out sunblock, Kid's version. It is only zinc-oxide with some antioxidants but it isn't chalky on me whatsoever. Not very pricey and so much better than other physical sunblocks in the same price range (Badger, for example).
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Dr Thornfeldt's book "The New Ideal in Skin Health" I am no longer convinced that 100% physical sunscreen is the only safe option one has.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have not read the book RS, but ITA about the physical SSs not being the only good option. I use Tinosorb in Uriage, and Mexoryl is another good option, altho hard to find in USA. These wonderful ingreds are found in EU but USA balks at them ... why?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
You could also use Dr Serene's Sunvisor which doubles both as a face and eye cover to protect you from UV rays. Very Happy Some may find it it bizarre but I actually love the idea myself. Never been one to shy away from looking "different". Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhtqdO487pM

More about it here: http://drserene.com/visor.php
moonprismpower

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
After reading Dr Thornfeldt's book "The New Ideal in Skin Health" I am no longer convinced that 100% physical sunscreen is the only safe option one has.

Can you give a quick explanation? Up until now, I've always read that physical is the safest!
Asturie

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Ditto on the burn out sunscreen. My skin is olive and burn out is invisible on my skin. I don't need to rub vigorously, either. I've used the eco friendly (blue bottle) and the one for kids. I switched to the kid version for the additional .4 ounces of product. It's too bad that stores in my area don't stock it. Does anyone know of an online retailer that sells burn out for less than the price at amazon ($17.99 free ship over $25)?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:11 am      Reply with quote
moonprismpower wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Can you give a quick explanation? Up until now, I've always read that physical is the safest!

He basically says that both zinc oxide and homesalate are pretty safe. They have not been reported to produce any allergy, irritation, phototoxic and photoallergic reactions.

He says that chemical ingredients must be combined with other ingredients to provide full spectrum UVA and UBA protection. Ideally, a sunblock should also contain biological ingredients and antioxidants to reduce any inflammation right away and enhance barrier repair.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 am      Reply with quote
My friend has bought me this sunscreen and I find that it is like a moisturizer leaving no white cats at all; another good thing is that it is matte; unlike Devita which is shiny.

It is very easy to apply on skin and not heavy.

That said, I use it on neck and arms only as it is not waterproof.

Sunscreen Lotion Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 30%. Other Ingredients – certified organic: Purified Water, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

http://www.bellybuttonsandbabies.com/item_4/Sunscreen-Lotion--SPF30.htm
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Asturie wrote:
Ditto on the burn out sunscreen. My skin is olive and burn out is invisible on my skin. I don't need to rub vigorously, either. I've used the eco friendly (blue bottle) and the one for kids. I switched to the kid version for the additional .4 ounces of product. It's too bad that stores in my area don't stock it. Does anyone know of an online retailer that sells burn out for less than the price at amazon ($17.99 free ship over $25)?

I haven't found it cheaper anywhere else. Sad

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Treatment Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Skincerity Nightly Breathable Masque (29.6 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm TerreusMasque (125 ml)