Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Questions about Nuface and sagging face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I bought Nuface about 4 months ago. I try to use it at least 5 times a week and I can see it is helpful. However, I do not think it can last long and i cannot find posts about other devices which is helpful for sagging face. So I really hope someone can tell me what other device is good for sagging face? Even only give me some old posts here.
Thanks very much
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:53 am      Reply with quote
angeladayspa wrote:
Hey everyone,

I bought Nuface about 4 months ago. I try to use it at least 5 times a week and I can see it is helpful. However, I do not think it can last long and i cannot find posts about other devices which is helpful for sagging face. So I really hope someone can tell me what other device is good for sagging face? Even only give me some old posts here.
Thanks very much

Hi angeladayspa:

What makes you say the boldfaced line above? I don't know anything about Nuface (or any other microcurrent gadgets for that matter) but if it is helpful and you have only used it for 4 months, how can you know that the results will be shortlived?

I ask because when I started face exercises, an exercise like the upper eyelid lift used to make my eyes look pretty momentarily immediately after I did the exercise. It would have seemed as if results from the exercise would only be shortlived. But over time, my eyelids started to take shape and maintain the pretty appearance and 20+ years later, my once hooded eyelids are no longer hooded at all. Just a thought.

Personally I think if something is working, even if very slowly, it is worth sticking with it. But that's just me.

Anyway here are discussions about Nuface and other microcurrent gadgets:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48767

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48254

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44512

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46906

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44127
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
angeladayspa wrote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks very much

Hi angeladayspa:

What makes you say the boldfaced line above? I don't know anything about Nuface (or any other microcurrent gadgets for that matter) but if it is helpful and you have only used it for 4 months, how can you know that the results will be shortlived?

I ask because when I started face exercises, an exercise like the upper eyelid lift used to make my eyes look pretty momentarily immediately after I did the exercise. It would have seemed as if results from the exercise would only be shortlived. But over time, my eyelids started to take shape and maintain the pretty appearance and 20+ years later, my once hooded eyelids are no longer hooded at all. Just a thought.

Personally I think if something is working, even if very slowly, it is worth sticking with it. But that's just me.

Anyway here are discussions about Nuface and other microcurrent gadgets:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48767

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48254

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44512

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46906

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44127

Hi Nonie aka AD,

Thanks for replying me. I did not mean it is not helpful, I only think it does not last long. Because I found if I had a good sleep then it works well. If I dont have a good sleep, after using it, my face is still the same as before.
I feel confused about this, that is why I post here.
Thanks for sharing your experience and post some useful links here! :)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Nuface and didn't particularly see it as a way to lift or help sag - it does seem to 'freshen' the overall appearance and is good for product penetration.
The only thing that has given me true lift is the Pico toner microcurrent with gloves and a few facial exercises have helped eye area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
angeladayspa wrote:

Hi Nonie aka AD,

Thanks for replying me. I did not mean it is not helpful, I only think it does not last long. Because I found if I had a good sleep then it works well. If I dont have a good sleep, after using it, my face is still the same as before.

I understand, angeladayspa. I glanced at some of the posts from the links I submitted and it does seem as if some people initially had the same thoughts as you: that Nuface was not really working or giving notable results, but they later reported that patience paid and that they did get to see good results from it later.

You mention that a good night's sleep makes a difference. I think that is the same for everyone, whether young or old, whether doing something to stay young or not. I don't think you should expect miracles from any product alone if you're doing other bad things (like not sleeping enough). The best results come from a combination of good things; not just the gadget along but also a healthy lifestyle, which includes diet, sleep, recreational habits, etc.

If you are eating well and sleeping well, then whatever other beneficial thing you are doing will enhance the seeds of your efforts so you bear the healthy, well-rounded fruits of good habits. If you read the posts I linked to upthread, you will find that perhaps you are giving up too soon. There may be gadgets that work faster, but since you already have Nuface, why not give it a chance and see if it doesn't surprise you too, like it did others? Of course you could add exercises or massage if you feel comfortable with them (I think some people use more than one magic gadget)...but as long as Nuface isn't giving bad results, I say keep using it. It proved worthwhile for others when they didn't give up, and it may do the same for you.

sister sweets how long did you use Nuface before you decided against it? Forgive me if this is a silly question, but how different is Pico from Nuface? Is it just that one is stronger than the other? Or do they work differently? (I know I could read the long threads on them to know the difference, but I hope you can save me the trouble Wink )
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
angeladayspa wrote:

Hi Nonie aka AD,

I understand, angeladayspa. I glanced at some of the posts from the links I submitted and it does seem as if some people initially had the same thoughts as you: that Nuface was not really working or giving notable results, but they later reported that patience paid and that they did get to see good results from it later.

You mention that a good night's sleep makes a difference. I think that is the same for everyone, whether young or old, whether doing something to stay young or not. I don't think you should expect miracles from any product alone if you're doing other bad things (like not sleeping enough). The best results come from a combination of good things; not just the gadget along but also a healthy lifestyle, which includes diet, sleep, recreational habits, etc.

If you are eating well and sleeping well, then whatever other beneficial thing you are doing will enhance the seeds of your efforts so you bear the healthy, well-rounded fruits of good habits. If you read the posts I linked to upthread, you will find that perhaps you are giving up too soon. There may be gadgets that work faster, but since you already have Nuface, why not give it a chance and see if it doesn't surprise you too, like it did others? Of course you could add exercises or massage if you feel comfortable with them (I think some people use more than one magic gadget)...but as long as Nuface isn't giving bad results, I say keep using it. It proved worthwhile for others when they didn't give up, and it may do the same for you.

sister sweets how long did you use Nuface before you decided against it? Forgive me if this is a silly question, but how different is Pico from Nuface? Is it just that one is stronger than the other? Or do they work differently? (I know I could read the long threads on them to know the difference, but I hope you can save me the trouble Wink )

I'd like to know as well.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Nonie, you seem very wise. It is true, anyone is going to look worse when they dont sleep. Cant expect miracles.

I keep thinking of exercise for the body. If you ate badly and didnt sleep, drank only sodas, etc would you expect the same results as would be if you ate very healthily and slept well and drank plenty of fresh juices and water? Of course not.

I also think sometimes gentle is better in the long run. I personally prefer walking to running for example. Walking seems like it is for sissies, but if you stick to it you can get excellent results fitness wise. And of course if your other habits are good, that helps a lot.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I found this tidbit in one of the threads. I think it was someone quoted by Toby.

"In the mass market there are various at home devices that claim to deliver a variety of benefits to the face. Most “facial stimulators” on the market emit a current called TENS- which is a 1000 times greater than microcurrent. TENS units are powerful enough to contract the muscles although long term can atrophy the facial muscles and have been found to actually deplete our cells of protein (collagen and elastin) and ATP (function of the cells to detoxify and promote cellular turnover)."
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
angeladayspa wrote:

Hi Nonie aka AD,

I would REALLY like to know this as well. I saw many people say they felt the PICO outperformed the NuFace but I would like to see some input from people on why they think this is true...for example if there were 2 copper serums and one was felt to be effective and one not so much, we would look at the ingredients and perhaps speculate on that basis. What could it be about the PICO that would make it so much better than the NuFace?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 am      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:
I found this tidbit in one of the threads. I think it was someone quoted by Toby.

"In the mass market there are various at home devices that claim to deliver a variety of benefits to the face. Most “facial stimulators” on the market emit a current called TENS- which is a 1000 times greater than microcurrent. TENS units are powerful enough to contract the muscles although long term can atrophy the facial muscles and have been found to actually deplete our cells of protein (collagen and elastin) and ATP (function of the cells to detoxify and promote cellular turnover)."

Bella, I don't know if you saw this post, but it was a nice explanation of the different types:

Merrylass wrote:
I've posted this a few months ago on another forum when someone asked about home microcurrent devices. I have and use various microcurrent, EMS, and TENS home devices for different purposes. The study of frequency-specific therapies has evolved since the early 1900's and there are studies that show specific frequencies are effective for different treatments. For instance,

Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS): 20,000 - 80,000 microamps (20 - 80 milliamps) stimulates the nerves at the higher amperage to block pain and contract muscles at the lower amperage. TENS devices deliver milliamp currents and block pain messages and are used in many pain therapies. I use a TENS unit for back pain and on the few occasions when I've injured a muscle.

Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS): 8,000 - 20,000 microamps (8 - 20 milliamps). EMS is used for muscle contractions (think of resistance training). EMS devices deliver milliamp currents similar to TENS devices but each company/device may have different strengths and pulses. I use EMS devices to fine tune muscles -- I use the Facemaster and BMR Facial Toner (Slendertone) instead of doing facial exercises and the Flex Belt suite of devices for abs, tush, and arms as adjuncts to my regular exercises.

Microcurrent: 0 - 8000 microamps (or 0 - 8 milliamps). ATP production occurs in the 20 - 500 microamps range (or 0.02 - 0.5 milliamps) -- this is the range that rejuvenates soft tissue. Not all of the home microcurrent devices are really in this range. I believe only NuFace has publicly revealed their technical specs. NuFace ranges from 0 - 500 microamps (in the ATP production range) -- and I did confirm by calling Isomers that the Nutritone is also in the 0-500 microamps range. Facemaster and Serious Skincare EGG are sold as microcurrent devices which means that they should technically be in the 0 - 8000 microamps (8000 microamps = 8 milliamps) -- both Facemaster and EGG have multiple intensity settings so the lower intensities could well be in the ATP production range -- or above ATP production range at the higher intensities. I use both Isomers Nutritone and the Facemaster Platinum.

Again, each frequency serves different purposes. If you think of ATP production = improvement in soft tissues, then you want the lower microamps (under 500 microamps). The reason I use multiple devices is to target the different signs of aging -- Nutritone helps with firming the soft tissues (skin), the Facemaster and BMR Facial Toner work on the underlying facial muscles, and I use massage and topicals (including Retin-A) to keep the skin tight and healthy. Each product has it's role -- it's important to understand what you want to accomplish.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bethany, I appreciate the info.

Still not sure where the Pico falls into of these categories, or how it measures up to the NuFace numerically (or otherwise), but that's okay. I will be sticking with the NuFace for now, as it is what I have. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |