Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
3 day salmon facelift diet.............
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
bethany wrote:
She actually had 5 photos from each day for people to review, so we don't know if she was smiling in them all or not.

I bought this book many years ago when it first came out. Basically the 3 day plan is just to kick start you on a healthier way of eating overall, which should ultimately improve your health and make you appear to be more vibrant.

bethanyHow do you know she has 5 photos? Is there a link you could kindly provide?

It was in the article Lacy posted:

Quote:
I was careful not to prejudice the jury. I told my friends that I had done a three-day diet designed to erase wrinkles and wanted them to judge the results. I handed each friend a pack of 10 pictures, five of me in blue, five in green. I varied the one on top, and instructed them to separate the photos by bathrobe color and pick the ones that showed a younger-looking me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
she does have a nice glow in the after pix, may be it's just make up or lighting....
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
bethany wrote:
She actually had 5 photos from each day for people to review, so we don't know if she was smiling in them all or not.

I bought this book many years ago when it first came out. Basically the 3 day plan is just to kick start you on a healthier way of eating overall, which should ultimately improve your health and make you appear to be more vibrant.

bethanyHow do you know she has 5 photos? Is there a link you could kindly provide?

It was in the article Lacy posted:

Quote:
I was careful not to prejudice the jury. I told my friends that I had done a three-day diet designed to erase wrinkles and wanted them to judge the results. I handed each friend a pack of 10 pictures, five of me in blue, five in green. I varied the one on top, and instructed them to separate the photos by bathrobe color and pick the ones that showed a younger-looking me.

Oh well, she should have posted all ten and let us compare them. The fact that she selected only two in which she is making different facial expressions to be comparison photos and representations of her experience I find odd and misleading. I could tell you all that my high school friends, relatives etc say I haven't changed a bit from how I looked years ago. That doesn't necessary make it true. Pictures speak a thousand words and the two she posted tell me her friends misread them (and were fooled) because they ignored the points I mentioned upthread of facial changes depending on the expressions being made.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Sounds like you have fell for a huge scam Wink

It is not a scam, it is an evidence-based nutrition. My personal nutritionist is a University Professor of Nutrition in the Faculty of Medicine. The university is included in 10 top universities of the world. If this sounds like scam to you then I have no comments.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
panoslydios wrote:
Sounds like you have fell for a huge scam Wink

It is not a scam, it is an evidence-based nutrition. My personal nutritionist is a University Professor of Nutrition in the Faculty of Medicine. The university is included in 10 top universities of the world. If this sounds like scam to you then I have no comments.

Then you are both scammed Wink

Thanks god,no one can sell REAL health ,whatever titles and awards can accumulate Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Thanks god,no one can sell REAL health ,whatever titles and awards can accumulate Wink

You are right. Let's just eat pineapples.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing
Nice one RS

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just a few days ago I had a long discussion with my very clever oldest about diet and environment. People eat what is available in terms of their needs. The needs of people in a tropical environment differ from the needs of people living in colder climats. Same re. the amount of physical and mental energy they have to use. The ideal diet for an office worker in a regulated controlled climate differs from the ideal diet for a farm worker.

There is no one size fits all-diet IMO. And besides that - with Fukushima leaking like crazy, how long will wild fish be something you want to eat?

Listen to your body - not the 'I need comfort so I need M & M's' message but waking up thinking of broccoli, or craving butter kind of thing. I really think the body can make us conscious of what our needs are, as long as you don't override those messages with junk food tastes.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

You are right. Let's just eat pineapples.

Human being is fruitarian and breatherian.
Pineapple is the best thing to apply to face.It eats the dead cells like nothing else.You cant beat the live enzymes of pineapple.Imaigne what happens ingesting the stuff-such a blood purifier.Plus it cant be sprayed so much chemically.

But you never seem to learn and trust people and words like ''top 10 universities'' ''top nutritionist''.All these dudes they are going to age before their eyes because they couldnt live in harmony with nature.

I suggest all these diets are 100% scam .All the plump you get from this diet is just your body trying to detox the fish oil giving the illusion of better skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

But you never seem to learn and trust people and words like ''top 10 universities'' ''top nutritionist''.All these dudes they are going to age before their eyes because they couldnt live in harmony with nature.

This "dude" is a 77 year old woman who still actively teaches high-level classes at the university. I want to be able to remember what she remembers when I get 77 years old! I also want to have her eyes, skin and body, s'il-vous-plait? Very Happy

panoslydios wrote:
Imaigne what happens ingesting the stuff-such a blood purifier.

I never thought that nutrition is about imagining stuff.

panoslydios wrote:

Where did that come from?

Surviving on pineapples is a road to disaster. They have a high glycemic index and glycemic load. That means they cause sustained spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels, which in turn increases your risk of type 2 diabetes.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
oh RS, dont stress yourself...lol... today it's pineapple, tomorrow it ll be watermelons or mangoes or what not...
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
oh RS, dont stress yourself...lol... today it's pineapple, tomorrow it ll be watermelons or mangoes or what not...
Ah, ok.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:44 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

This "dude" is a 77 year old woman who still actively teaches high-level classes at the university. I want to be able to remember what she remembers when I get 77 years old! I also want to have her eyes, skin and body, s'il-vous-plait? Very Happy

panoslydios wrote:
Imaigne what happens ingesting the stuff-such a blood purifier.

I never thought that nutrition is about imagining stuff.

panoslydios wrote:

Where did that come from?

Surviving on pineapples is a road to disaster. They have a high glycemic index and glycemic load. That means they cause sustained spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels, which in turn increases your risk of type 2 diabetes.

If you believe fish is human food,then i suggest by now your lymph glands are clogged from fish protein and you better also do some de-worming.

There are so many tribes that lived only on pineapples and coconuts suggesting that glycemic index of fruits and the notion that they affect human health in a bad way is a scam.

Human body is designed to live on 200+type of sugars.

Your nutritionist is still on her way to learning. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Wait a second, Panoslydios you talk about scams and then you mention fruitarian and breatherian. Its funny as a lot of the so called famous fruitarians and breatherians that I know of have all been questioned at times and proved to be anything but those in essence. There’s little evidence that a person can survive on just breath, in fact there are more studies to suggest that without water the body dies within a few days, so how the hell did you come up with that one may I ask? Seriously though I’m always worried as my younger sister at one point during the 80’s fell into a crowd that promoted such things and made herself desperately ill trying to follow it all. In my mind these are really dangerous.

For what its worth, I also don’t think that the fruitarian and breatherians that I know of look wonderful or live in harmony with nature? For example we know too much fruit can weaken tooth enamel (just ask any dentist).
panoslydios wrote:
Pineapple is the best thing to apply to face.It eats the dead cells like nothing else.You cant beat the live enzymes of pineapple.Imaigne what happens ingesting the stuff-such a blood purifier.Plus it cant be sprayed so much chemically.

I suggest all these diets are 100% scam .All the plump you get from this diet is just your body trying to detox the fish oil giving the illusion of better skin.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Panoslydios – I think you have a strange concept of nutrition moreso than others. For what its worth, pineapples are extremely high in sugars, and too much like anything can have a disasterous effect. The tribes that often live on pineapples and coconuts have done so for a very prolonged period of time, and so their genes etc have grown accustomed to that food etc and the environment in which they live are often high in heat so the sugar burns off faster than say here in the Western world. The 200 types of sugars that the human body is designed to live on is actually questionable and there is insufficient data to say that the body can live on sugars alone. So I think that you are still also on your way to learning based on those comments.

panoslydios wrote:
If you believe fish is human food,then i suggest by now your lymph glands are clogged from fish protein and you better also do some de-worming.

There are so many tribes that lived only on pineapples and coconuts suggesting that glycemic index of fruits and the notion that they affect human health in a bad way is a scam.

Human body is designed to live on 200+type of sugars.

Your nutritionist is still on her way to learning. Wink
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 am      Reply with quote
TM

Soo well said!!
But dont forget we have gone from OJ only diet to Pineapples and air Laughing

Whatever next Question

Maybe just Air Rolling Eyes

Lets just assume that this is Silly Season Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Whatever next Question

Panoslydios, don't forget to add the word SAFE in your signature line re secrets of longevity --

"The secret to longevity and beauty:Live on pineapples and season sweet ripe fruits,absorb the Sun,Breathe the Air and do occassional {safe} sex. and never ever eat an acid forming food."
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing but fruit? LOL I guess I'm screwed, I live in the north where they aren't exactly abundant. I am a big believer in a varied diet- all of one group of food stresses the body out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
The late Steve Jobs of Apple Computer fame was a fruitarian and got pancreatic cancer. Ashton Kutcher, who plays Jobs in the film, adopted Jobs' fruitarian diet before and during filming and wound up in the hospital.

I agree with the previous poster who said that eating pineapple, coconut and other tropical fruits worked fine for natives in the South Pacific Islands, who also supplemented their diet with fish and maybe even the unlucky seagull or pelican who flew by. Their bodies had adapted over centuries to digest that stuff. Same with Eskimos who ate mostly fish, whale and seal meat and lots of blubber (fat). Little to no fruits or vegetables beyond what they could scavenge when the ice on the tundra melted.

Even in the US, many native Americans have abandoned the white man's diet and have gone back to a native diet of wild game, wild grasses, tubers, fruits, and fish and their heart disease and diabetes have vanished. They ate like their ancestors did.

This sort of diet makes the most sense to me. Eat the way your grandparents and great grandparents did, i.e. if they were German, eat traditional German food.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

This sort of diet makes the most sense to me. Eat the way your grandparents and great grandparents did, i.e. if they were German, eat traditional German food.

and what if each grandparent came from a different background Wink I guess then u eat the american/US diet, lol
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
The late Steve Jobs of Apple Computer fame was a fruitarian and got pancreatic cancer. Ashton Kutcher, who plays Jobs in the film, adopted Jobs' fruitarian diet before and during filming and wound up in the hospital.

I agree with the previous poster who said that eating pineapple, coconut and other tropical fruits worked fine for natives in the South Pacific Islands, who also supplemented their diet with fish and maybe even the unlucky seagull or pelican who flew by. Their bodies had adapted over centuries to digest that stuff. Same with Eskimos who ate mostly fish, whale and seal meat and lots of blubber (fat). Little to no fruits or vegetables beyond what they could scavenge when the ice on the tundra melted.

Even in the US, many native Americans have abandoned the white man's diet and have gone back to a native diet of wild game, wild grasses, tubers, fruits, and fish and their heart disease and diabetes have vanished. They ate like their ancestors did.

Its not like that Wink

Humans can adapt to anything even arsenicum,but that doesnt mean i will eat non human stuff-poisons because my ancestors were fools .

There is only one cure and that is living in real harmony with nature.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Though it's true that the ability to digest certain foods has a genetic component, this does not mean that what your great grandparents ate is necessarily healthier than a modern diet. And what about a mixed background?
A local, traditional diet is based on the available foodstuffs, the climate and the way of life of that region. Humans adapt to that over time (think centuries). Think of the Masai, yes those tall beautiful people, who live on cow's blood and milk and occasionally a bit of meat. A far cry from a diet of fruit and nuts, but who looks healthier?
Angelina Ballerina
5% products discount

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness! Some unusual posts in this thread.

Just eat a sensible, healthy diet, exercise and wear sunscreen.
Practice moderation.

It's not complicated. It is common sense.

This thread did give me a salmon craving though. I had a smoked salmon and salad sandwich for lunch and a creamy, salmon pasta dish is on the menu for tomorrow night Smile

I think salmon sushi will be making an appearance in my future soon too.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Angelina Ballerina wrote:
Oh my goodness! Some unusual posts in this thread.

Just eat a sensible, healthy diet, exercise and wear sunscreen.
Practice moderation.

It's not complicated. It is common sense.

This thread did give me a salmon craving though. I had a smoked salmon and salad sandwich for lunch and a creamy, salmon pasta dish is on the menu for tomorrow night Smile

I think salmon sushi will be making an appearance in my future soon too.

I love salmon and you just made my mind up on what to have for dinner: spicy salmon sushi rolls! So thanks, Angelina Ballerina!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Desperate people will fall for anything. Eat salmon 3 days PER WEEK for the rest of your life and your skin will look a little better and you will definitely be healthier overall. I've done that for years but I can't say for sure that it was the ONLY thing that improved my skin.

That diet will make your face look thinner because you will lose water weight since there are no grains (one meal with oatmeal) and no sugar. A good way to jump start a lifestyle change regarding your diet so there is no harm in it.

Also because he is saying to eat no salt.
Salt makes your face loo more puffy.

For me, I need to have salt and have had problems with not having salt and too low salt.
And if I have no salt and it is hot and am out a lot I get very bad muscle cramps too.

I don't eat tons of salt, mostly sea salt if I add it to foods.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |