Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
careprost, red eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I finally gave it up. Wasnt worth it when the red was no longer going away as quickly.
The lashes were more long and spindly than anything.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I started a topic on this on the DIY forum. Adding some softening agents must give relief. Maybe a drop of coconut oil mixed with a drop of careprost could get rid of the irritation.
exotic.intoxication
5% products discount

Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Careprost continually for about 2 years although I did take a 4 month break or so because I was travelling and the bottle I had ran out very early on (doh!).

I also get the red eyes, but I only apply a small amount about once a week so I only have to deal with for a short period of time as I give my eyes a break so they can recover.

I would also like to mention I used to do the apply everyday thing for 3 months (3 months is when your eyelashes are at their peak and don't grow anymore or something like that), and then maintenance 1-2 times a week.

When I started careprost again, I was lazy and forgetful and probably only applied it once or twice a week, sometimes leaving it as long as a week and a half before my next application. I expected it to take months before my eyelashes grew at the rate I was going but to my surprise I'm pretty sure the growth rate was very similar to when I was applying everyday.

I am now only applying it once a week and not worried if I don't apply more frequently. I use a very fine tipped eyeliner brush and only use 1 drop for both my top and bottom lashes with the remainder going onto my eyebrows where I overplucked in my youth (unfortunately I don't think it does anything for me there, but no harm trying with the leftovers!).

If you do try again, I suggest only doing it once or twice a week at the most and using a smaller, finer eyeliner brush. You won't notice much results for a month or so, then a sudden growth over the 2nd month, so persevere! I am Asian.....People have actually commented on my lashes and have asked if I had extentions or if I'm wearing false lashes!

I must also warn, it has been noted that bimataprost is known for causing periorbital fat loss in people using it for glaucoma, although it seems to be reversible. It can also darken eye colour if you have light coloured eyes. I have not experienced any fat loss. I have dark eyes so I can't comment on the second side effect.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I made the mistake of putting a bit on my eyebrows to thicken them It took me a few days of suffering horrible heacaches to realize that the careprost was the culprit.

I've stopped using it since that.. it weirded me out.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I found out if i put a little castor oil 15-30 minutes after Careprost application it helps to avoid redness. I was doing it for months without any side effects.

I stopped because i am lazy. I really should start doing it again. My lashes were so beautiful back then.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |