Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Could we take off shadow of stress and affliction on skin?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SaharKhlifi
5% products discount

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi friends, Im always wondering if we, humans, could find a cosmetic or medical solution against the touch of stress and depression on the skin? I mean, for people who cannot avoid the stress of everyday life and the impact of their personal problems, is there a way that they could keep coexisting with their permanent afflictions without causing any harm to their skin and eye contour? Is there any high good quality cream special for people who have permanent psychological problems. And for those who already endamaged their skin because they didn't use calmative and ataractic medecines or anti-stress creams, is there any hope that they could clear off the shadow of depression and death on their skin(like dark circles, tear throughs...) whith the help of medicines and cosmetics? SOS SOS SOS VERY SERIOUS
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:49 am      Reply with quote
The key is managing the stress, whether one chooses to do so via exercise or medicine.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
if for example dark circles were the cause of a stress and we start doing exercises and we no longer have stress, will they fade away one hundred per cent, or they will stay but without getting worse!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I think there are other causes of dark circles, for instance. Such as gluten intolerance or other dietary triggers, so it may be a constant issue that needs to be addressed.

I also think that taking action lessens stress for many ppl. So just the "trying" to do something is worthwhile - when reasonable.

A healthy acceptance of our own peculiarities, and what we cannot change, also puts things into perspective and lessens the weight of striving for Perfection at any cost. Its a good topic!

/off soapbox now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:23 am      Reply with quote
sorry SaharKhlifi if I disappoint you, I have dark circles since I was a child, I still have em and I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week.. just like others said, it depends upon your particular cause.. if they r due to darker skin in under eye area, then they ll be there ( mine r better now as I religiously wear sunblock)... however if they showed up all of a sudden due to lack of sleep./stress, then they should go away when you solve these issues, meanwhile concealer is your friend, however I never use it, I proudly display my dark circles Wink
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote
For some it goes deeper than just "chronic stress". Google "adrenal fatigue". The body just cant keep up and the adrenals cant make the hormones anymore, until one day the person crashes and finds him/herself plagued by skin disorders, fatigue, digestive and sleep disturbances, immune deficiency, autoimmune, psychological, cardiovascular, and/or endocrine disease. Its not a widely accepted disorder and most MDs pooh-pooh it, but those who have experienced it and come back from it realize what it is.

Pamela Wartian Smith, MD MPH has written books about this after suffering a collapse herself. She lectures on Anti-Ageing Medicine now.

http://www.worldhealth.net/whos-who/pamela-w-smith/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:31 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
For some it goes deeper than just "chronic stress". Google "adrenal fatigue". The body just cant keep up and the adrenals cant make the hormones anymore, until one day the person crashes and finds him/herself plagued by skin disorders, fatigue, digestive and sleep disturbances, immune deficiency, autoimmune, psychological, cardiovascular, and/or endocrine disease. Its not a widely accepted disorder and most MDs pooh-pooh it, but those who have experienced it and come back from it realize what it is.

Pamela Wartian Smith, MD MPH has written books about this after suffering a collapse herself. She lectures on Anti-Ageing Medicine now.

http://www.worldhealth.net/whos-who/pamela-w-smith/

I have read this book on adrenal fatigue...a very good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Adrenal-Fatigue-Century-Stress-Syndrome/dp/1890572152

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Since several years ago I suffer from PTSS and that took a huge toll on my face, my skin, my muscle tone (and my sleep and a lot more).
Stress is definitely a huge factor in ageing. But not an easy one to fight.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for your troubles, lotus. What would you say has helped you the most?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know, really. Being able to eat a full meal again was very important, even though the lost facial fat never returned. Food is life. Cooking is just about the only thing I kept on doing right, because the kids needed a good meal and I want them to eat fresh veggies every day. Nutrition is more than just nutrients - taste is important too, it is an essential pleasure of life. So is, btw, a good glass of wine every now and then (and it helps you sleep).
System
Automatic Message
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

PRIORI® Idebenone Complex Superceuticals® Smooth Lines (30 ml / 1 floz) Julie Hewett Backstage Brow Duo: Brunette Payot Elixir Jeunesse Antiaging Antioxidant Essence (30 ml / 1 floz)