Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cancer Prevention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if we are talking about this again, let's not forget about Selenium.

Several standard randomized double-blind placebo trials over several years have shown that breast cancer risk is reduced by 82% with a daily intake of just 200 mcg of selenium. The same dosage reduced colon and rectal cancer by 69%, prostate cancer risks were reduced by 54%, and even lung cancer risks were reduced by 39% for the trial that included smokers.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035822_selenium_cancer_minerals.html

Also, several months ago i bumped into this book:

http://jonbarron.org/sites/default/files/lessons_from_the_miracle_doctors.pdf

In my opinion, one of the best on this subject.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Selenium is great but if you can - get your RBC measured as it can go high & this can be dangerous. It is most likely if you have the SNP (polymorphism) for Selenium even if you aren't taking much. (can swing either way with the SNP)
I know this 1st hand!

I LOVE Acetyl-Glutathione for detox. (altho I do IV as well)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you can get 23andme done you can see what your detox pathways are doing as well as your methylation (ie MTHFR)& support these if need be. People who get cancer often have SNP's in methylation & detox.
sophie22
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
It would be great to obtain all of our nutrition through our food. Unfortunately, soil-depletion, genetic-modification, and more have decreased the amount of nutrition in our food. I eat well but know I cannot obtain everything I need from our food.

I take the following daily:
Vitamin D
Magnesium
Potassium
Multi-mineral
Multi-vitamin

Moving forward, maybe I should change it up?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Also, there is iodine, quite important not only for thyroid but also for fatty tissue sensitive to estrogen, and can be used for prevention of breast and other estrogen related cancers.

Some things to read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673676921024

There are quite a few studies on google scholar, but surprisingly I didn't find any recent ones...
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone... I just came across this article, and totally thought of this particular conversation... It strikes me odd that we were talking about this sort of problem nearly 3 years ago... and The American College of Pediatrics is just now publishing... Can't even imagine which head will roll for publishing... I know I don't post much anymore. The life as mom with Twins... so much going on... But for the most part all is well..

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/health-issues/new-concerns-about-the-human-papillomavirus-vaccine

Hope you are all well... Take care!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! Claudia,

As a grandmother of two girls (age 11 and 14) I immediately passed this to my daughter.

Thanks again and nice to hear from you!
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Everybody!

Long time since I've been on so don't know if this info has already been posted... A lot has changed in treatment since I was diagnosed.. BTW, doing great.

Read this... http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/20130928-8

Also read where they are giving Testosterone with an inhibitor anyway regardless of menopausal systems because they believe it is the testosterone that protects the breast in the first place... hence the older you get the more likely your chances for BC.

Tootles Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I take vit D and K2 but I think that it is important to get both D from food/supplements and
the sun. There are several large studies that show that sun exposure while can give skin cancer to some REDUCES overall cancer rates of especially of cancers that are harder to cure. This whole sun avoidance thing is not right although you might want to use sun tan lotion on your face to avoid wrinkles BUT... I do research on nanomaterials and some suntan lotions contain things I would not put on my skin due to cancer risk from cells absorbing these nanomaterials. Those most at risk for skin cancer are very light skinned or or of Eastern European background.
mahatrans
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:15 am      Reply with quote
sharky2 wrote:
I take vit D and K2 but I think that it is important to get both D from food/supplements and
the sun. There are several large studies that show that sun exposure while can give skin cancer to some REDUCES overall cancer rates of especially of cancers that are harder to cure. This whole sun avoidance thing is not right although you might want to use sun tan lotion on your face to avoid wrinkles BUT... I do research on nanomaterials and some suntan lotions contain things I would not put on my skin due to cancer risk from cells absorbing these nanomaterials. Those most at risk for skin cancer are very light skinned or or of Eastern European background.

Could you link to the article where it is given that sun exposure reduces overall cancer rates. I have heard it from someone else too, just can't remember who.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that vitamin B17 is the newest thing for killing cancer cells. apricot seeds. Since my husband was recently diagnosed, I have been doing some research.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:20 am      Reply with quote
There are many studies showing how sunlight is good for you (look up MEDLINE not the WEB).

Here are two recent:
P. G. Lindqvist, E. Epstein, K. Nielsen, M. Landin-Olsson, C. Ingvar, H. Olsson. Avoidance of sun exposure as a risk factor for major causes of death: a competing risk analysis of the Melanoma in Southern Sweden cohort. Journal of Internal Medicine, 2016; DOI: 10.1111/joim.12496

Wiley. "Why do sunbathers live longer than those who avoid the sun?." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 21 March 2016. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160321135854.htm>.
bertnice

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Great Post Deb , thanks for sharing .
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |