Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cancer Prevention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
For your sake Circus, I hope you don't live in the U.S. I have no dog in the race.
I just speak my own personal truth. In many ways, we are being exploited by our U.S. governement. Enough said. I am done with this thread too. ~ Aprile hmm
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
Aprile, no I am not joking about pharmaceuticals and supplements. After all you said

aprile wrote:
In my heart of hearts I do believe we can treat cancer ourselves through proper diet, supplements and with proper guidance.

Your double standards and extreme views are somewhat perplexing to me. I do see how the FDA has failed to protect people like you. Neutral

Please carry on without me. Smile

The real cure consists of many steps among them:

a)real diet.The definition of food:the stuff you can throw on soil and can produce LIFE.That is food.Cause it still preserves the SPARK OF LIFE.
And life preserves life =YOU.

b)proper enviroment:no poisons,no gmo,no heavy metals,no toxic halogens,no radiation and electric pollution. Clean water,house full of fresh air -please dont inhale your exhaled air in a home without fresh air being coming .

c)herbs-aka wild foods.The body has a history of thousands and possibly millions of years of using herbs with recorded positive results.

d)SUNSHINE-you are just a compressed sun energy as everything around you.

e)Awareness of existence. You EXIST.And existence exists cause of the tension between 2 polarities aka life and death or you could say breath in and breath out or even better ease and dis-ease.So once diseased ,dont feel down.It is actually happening for you to get awareness of the existence.That is also a cure.

There is a bigger ocean of cures of course.

Sorry but governments cannot even make a reality out of these so ''simple'' things for years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
circus wrote:
Aprile, no I am not joking about pharmaceuticals and supplements. After all you said

aprile wrote:
In my heart of hearts I do believe we can treat cancer ourselves through proper diet, supplements and with proper guidance.

Your double standards and extreme views are somewhat perplexing to me. I do see how the FDA has failed to protect people like you. Neutral

Please carry on without me. Smile

The real cure consists of many steps among them:

a)real diet.The definition of food:the stuff you can throw on soil and can produce LIFE.That is food.Cause it still preserves the SPARK OF LIFE.
And life preserves life =YOU.

b)proper enviroment:no poisons,no gmo,no heavy metals,no toxic halogens,no radiation and electric pollution. Clean water,house full of fresh air -please dont inhale your exhaled air in a home without fresh air being coming .

c)herbs-aka wild foods.The body has a history of thousands and possibly millions of years of using herbs with recorded positive results.

d)SUNSHINE-you are just a compressed sun energy as everything around you.

e)Awareness of existence. You EXIST.And existence exists cause of the tension between 2 polarities aka life and death or you could say breath in and breath out or even better ease and dis-ease.So once diseased ,dont feel down.It is actually happening for you to get awareness of the existence.That is also a cure.

There is a bigger ocean of cures of course.

Sorry but governments cannot even make a reality out of these so ''simple'' things for years.

Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
In many ways, we are being exploited by our U.S. governement. Enough said. I am done with this thread too. ~ Aprile hmm

This does appear to be the underlying psyche of many Americans. Conspiracy theories abound. Take for example the assassination of JFK, the 911 horror, the Waco siege etc - all are blamed on your government. Even the moon landing is said to be a pantomime orchestrated by the US government and now you believe your government is poisoning you all.

But Aprile, regardless of government plots - it's very clear from your comments that you are anti modern medicine and I don't accept this viewpoint at all. Even in China, where TCM is still practised, Western medicine is very much at the forefront of their health care.

Doctors aren't gods - and, like in any field, some will be better than others. But at least they are trained - which is more than can be said for the likes of your Dr. Sircus who is not an MD. And what training does Robert Redfern have? He states that anti-biotics are poison and that everyone should, instead, take the supplements that he is selling - he calls himself a nutritionist but he has no training and no medical degree. All these so called "nutritionists" just promote the pills and books that they sell for their own monetary gain.

We have high profile PhD nutritionists here who write in magazines and appear on TV and they do not endorse supplements - maybe just a one a day multi-vitamin. What a medically trained nutritionist endorses is a well-rounded whole food diet. Incidentally, the medical centre I go to has a resident nutritionist.

I have worked in hospitals as a medical photographer. I have photographed burn victims, people who have been blown up in oil rig disasters, babies who need liver transplants - I've pretty much seen it all. And I have every respect in the world for the work that doctors do.

I wish I had a time machine and could send you back a hundred years so that you could have a look at the state of people's health back then. Then, perhaps, you would appreciate why we are so much better off today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
aprile wrote:
In many ways, we are being exploited by our U.S. governement. Enough said. I am done with this thread too. ~ Aprile hmm

This does appear to be the underlying psyche of many Americans. Conspiracy theories abound. Take for example the assassination of JFK, the 911 horror, the Waco siege etc - all are blamed on your government. Even the moon landing is said to be a pantomime orchestrated by the US government and now you believe your government is poisoning you all.

But Aprile, regardless of government plots - it's very clear from your comments that you are anti modern medicine and I don't accept this viewpoint at all. Even in China, where TCM is still practised, Western medicine is very much at the forefront of their health care.

Doctors aren't gods - and, like in any field, some will be better than others. But at least they are trained - which is more than can be said for the likes of your Dr. Sircus who is not an MD. And what training does Robert Redfern have? He states that anti-biotics are poison and that everyone should, instead, take the supplements that he is selling - he calls himself a nutritionist but he has no training and no medical degree. All these so called "nutritionists" just promote the pills and books that they sell for their own monetary gain.

We have high profile PhD nutritionists here who write in magazines and appear on TV and they do not endorse supplements - maybe just a one a day multi-vitamin. What a medically trained nutritionist endorses is a well-rounded whole food diet. Incidentally, the medical centre I go to has a resident nutritionist.

I have worked in hospitals as a medical photographer. I have photographed burn victims, people who have been blown up in oil rig disasters, babies who need liver transplants - I've pretty much seen it all. And I have every respect in the world for the work that doctors do.

I wish I had a time machine and could send you back a hundred years so that you could have a look at the state of people's health back then. Then, perhaps, you would appreciate why we are so much better off today.

Keliu, I see your point from the stance that anyone who is selling or promoting something, nutritionists included, has something to gain. I get that. BUT, to say that the U.S. Government allowing Monsanto to have their way at the expense of the health of our nation, including innocent children, is merely a "conspiracy theory" is just a crime. There are studies that have shown mice fed GMO products produced mammory tumors and other deformities. You and others in Asia and Europe are very fortunate that you don't have to worry about your food supply. Your government didn't buy into this whole GMO mess. If the US government isn't siding with Monstanto then explain to me WHY they are allowing GMOs now in organic foods? It's hard enough to navigate the food supply here. I have no answers for this other than they want to keep us sick, and of course, they are in the pockets of the chemical giants.

Again, with respect to doctors, my mistrust is in the system, not the individual physicians. If I or anyone in my family God forbid needed treatment a burn, car accident, gunshot wound, broken bones, etc., of course, I'd turn to the emergency room doctors and would have to place my trust in them. I am NOT saying that all doctors are bad, although I have yet to find one who treats me as an individual. I understand that they are here to help us. What I am saying is that too many of them, when it comes to disease in particular, treat according to protcol, and do not treat the individual patient, much less look for the cause of the disease process.. And, they are mostly working within the parameters of the system.

I also do realize that people are living longer today in some ways because of advancements in medicine such as antibiotics and such. But lets not forget that there has also been abuse of antibiotics that caused a whole host of problems, including super viruses..

Our health is in our own hands...it needs to be! We are being lied to at every turn, we are even told that GMOs are just as healthy and more importantly safe. We also need to become educated, eat from the earth, check every label, and use pure supplements wisely where insufficiencies are expressing themselves in our bodies. What more can I say? Truly, I wish our government had the same respect for human life as your government with regard to this issue. How wonderful would it be to be able to pick up a box of gluten free pasta and not have to worry if the corn they used was GMO or not. The other day, I picked up a bag of Darrell Lea black licorice at my healthfood store. I hesitated at first knowing wheat is the newest genetically modified product in our food supply. But, then I looked more carefully at the label and saw it was a product of Australia so I knew it was okay. I just don't know what happened to this country other than greed has changed everything. This is truly all I am going to say on this matter because I honestly don't think I can help you or others in your camp understand what is really going on today in America. ~ Aprile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
This is truly all I am going to say on this matter because I honestly don't think I can help you or others in your camp understand what is really going on today in America. ~ Aprile

No, I don't understand it - that is true. I certainly don't understand your gun laws. But you live in a democracy - and that means, if you don't like what the government is doing you can change it. The fact is though, that Americans do not want change. They do not want a health care system, they do not want to change the gun laws - so the government gives you what you want.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I believe GMO crops will be inevitable in the future. Read this:
http://science.time.com/2013/05/14/modifying-the-endless-genetically-modified-crop-debate/

I don't have a particular stance in favour of them - although I can see the benefit to nations like China who are always under pressure to feed their huge population due to a history of famine and the fact that they have the largest population with the least amount of arable land.

But the fact is that humans have "fiddled" with nature for thousands of years. Nothing is "natural". You build a damn and it alters the ecology, you build high rise buildings and it alters wind patterns. We have "fiddled" with the breeding of our live stock, our domesticated pets and all our plant life for hundreds of years. There's a new variety of tomatoes, potatoes and everything else appearing daily on our supermarket shelves. Our crops have been engineered to withstand diseases.

You can call it a conspiracy, I call it evolution. Yearning for the "good old days" when everything was "pure" is a myth. I don't know what the consequences of GMO foods will be - but I imagine that in a couple of hundred years time people will be worrying about something else - probably the aging population, because everyone will be living well into their hundreds!

BTW, you may like to have a look at all of Panoslydios' posts before you applaud his views - he believes that humans can live on air alone and subscribes to detoxing the body with 60 day orange juice fasts even though he believes Vitamin C to be toxic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile - this is a truly frightening read about Jonathan V. Wright. Someone you apparently admire.

Quote:
AQA's president and co-founder was Jonathan V. Wright, M.D., a Harvard graduate who obtained his medical degree at the University of Michigan and began practicing "nutritional medicine" in 1973 at his Tahoma Clinic in Kent, Washington, a few miles southeast of Seattle. He and Alan Gaby, M.D., of Baltimore, give seminars for health professionals on "Nutrition as Therapy," which present their theories in detail. (AQA's first 16 members were recruited at the May 1985 seminar.) Wright also operates the Meridian Valley Laboratory, a facility that does many nonstandard tests. From 1993 through 1998, Wright helped lead the National Health Federation, a group whose primary goal is to abolish government regulation of health-care activities.

In the early 1990s, Wright achieved considerable notoriety battling the FDA. The dispute surfaced in July 1991 when law enforcement officers seized 103 bottles of L-tryptophan from the For Your Health Pharmacy, adjacent to Wright's clinic. The FDA had banned the marketing of L-tryptophan after it was implicated in an outbreak of eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome, but Wright continued to prescribe it. In August 1991, he filed suit, asserting that the outbreak was due to a contaminant and that his tryptophan was safe and therefore legal to dispense. The suit also asked the court to return the product and bar the FDA from "unreasonably interfering" with his ability to exercise clinical judgment in treating patients.

During the same month, according to an FDA affidavit, FDA investigators observed mold in some glass vials at the pharmacy and were informed that the products had been made at a laboratory adjacent to Wright's clinic. Further investigation indicated that Wright and the pharmacist were co-owners of the laboratory and clinic and that a clandestine manufacturing facility was being constructed in a vacant business next to the pharmacy [4]. When the investigators went to the laboratory, Wright would not permit them to conduct a full inspection. During the next few months, however, illegally marketed products were identified by inspecting trash from the clinic and pharmacy.

In December 1991, an FDA inspector posed as a patient and was diagnosed with an Interro device, a computerized galvanometer that measures changes in the skin's electrical resistance and depicts them on the screen of a monitor. (The reading on the screen is determined by how hard the probe is pressed against the patient's finger; the harder the pressure, the less skin resistance and the higher the reading. The FDA Center for Devices and Radiologic Health has said that such devices are "adulterated and misbranded" and can have no legal medical use [5].) The inspector reported that the woman who operated the device probed points on one of his fingers while selecting items on the screen that were said to represent substances to which he might be allergic. The woman explained that the height of a vertical bar that appeared when she probed his finger would indicate whether or not he was sensitive to the item being tested. After the test was completed, a printer next to the monitor printed a list of foods, chemicals, and other substances, with numerical values corresponding to readings on the Interro screen. Then he was given several homeopathic medicines, instructions for using them, and an article saying that they would result in dramatic relief of his allergic symptoms [6].

In February 1992, Wright's clinic posted a notice claiming that state-licensed physicians are "exempt from the restrictions and regulations of the federal Food and Drug Administration as a matter of federal law." The notice also stated that "no employee, agent or inspector of the FDA shall be permitted on these premises."

On May 4, 1992, a U.S. magistrate issued warrants authorizing the FDA to conduct criminal searches at Wright's clinic and the adjacent pharmacy [. The warrants were based on affidavits which concluded that the clinic had been "receiving, using, and dispensing several unapproved and misbranded foreign-manufactured injectable drug products" and that the pharmacy had been dispensing them. Two days later, FDA agents accompanied local police officers who broke down the front door of the Tahoma clinic. Wright and his supporters claim that the search party entered with guns drawn and terrorized the clinic staff. Federal officials state that the police broke down the door because the clinic staff had refused to open it when they knocked, a gun was drawn because the officers suspected that those inside might be hostile, but the gun was never pointed at anyone and was reholstered as soon as the area was deemed safe. The authorities seized products, patient files, computer records, and Interro devices from the clinic and additional materials from the pharmacy. Two weeks later, the state pharmacy board summarily suspended the pharmacy's license, an action taken only when the board feels that public health may be endangered.

Sherman L. Cox, Assistant Secretary for Licensing and Certification for the state of Washington, noted that the For Your Health pharmacy "was manufacturing a number of drugs and was distributing these drugs not only to patients on prescription but also to other doctors around the country for use in their offices. . . . In addition, the pharmacy was not properly licensed as a manufacturer and the drugs were being made under unsafe conditions." The pharmacy subsequently gave up its license and operated as a health-food store.

Wright and his allies characterized the search procedure as "the Vitamin-B Bust" and sold videotapes showing part of the raid, the reaction of several clinic employees, and demonstrations staged by Wright supporters. However, Cox noted that the items seized "were not just injectable vitamins but included a number of unapproved drugs." He did concede that the police officers' fear of danger was the result of assuming that the FDA definition of "illegal drugs" was the same as the county's definition (which covered heroin, cocaine, etc.).

During a "Larry King Live" television broadcast, an FDA official said that the agency became interested in Wright's activities after someone complained that he was prescribing L-tryptophan and sending people to the pharmacy to have the prescriptions filled. Wright maintained that he had a right to do this because his supply was not contaminated. When Larry King asked why he thought the FDA ban did not apply to him, Wright replied, "My lawyer said I could use it."

In August 1992, Wright signed an agreement consenting to the destruction of the 103 bottles of L-tryptophan that had been seized and agreeing to pay at least $850 to cover court costs and fees associated with the action [7]. A grand jury was convened to determine whether Wright should be criminally prosecuted for violating FDA drug laws, but he was not indicted.

In 2013, the Washington Medical Quality Assurance Commission concluded that Wright had engaged in unprofessional conduct by employing an unlicensed physician (Roby Mitchell, whose Texas license had been revoked) in his clinic and had failed to cooperate with the Commission's investigation of his wrongdoing. The Commission suspended Wright's license for 90 days, to be followed by 30 months of probation, and ordered him to pay a $7,500 fine [8].
http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/Nonrecorg/aqa.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
aprile wrote:
This is truly all I am going to say on this matter because I honestly don't think I can help you or others in your camp understand what is really going on today in America. ~ Aprile

The fact is though, that Americans do not want change. They do not want a health care system, they do not want to change the gun laws - so the government gives you what you want.

Rolling Eyes
An extreme, sweeping statement ~ don't you think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
http://science.time.com/2013/05/14/modifying-the-endless-genetically-modified-crop-debate/

BTW, you may like to have a look at all of Panoslydios' posts before you applaud his views - he believes that humans can live on air alone and subscribes to detoxing the body with 60 day orange juice fasts even though he believes Vitamin C to be toxic.

Why you keep bashing me for what i believe all the time,is really beyond me.
Yeah i believe in the spark of life that fruits has it.You can live with this spark-dont you think?
Most of our cooked and processed food is just a low grade fuel for the body.It actually making bigger the need for supplementation etc .

Fasting obeys nature.Obeys also balance.
Eating everyday for 365 days in a year doesnt bobey nature.Fasting cleans the blood .No mre poisons inside the stomach and body can clean itself.Thats it.

PS GMO crops dont really feed
and ascorbic acid is toxic.

Vitamin c from fruits,berries and veggies supports life.

Keliu ,begin to love yourself. I know you think human nature is evil and you hate.But i am sure you also love.So begin to accept the other polarity,aka love.Begin to love things,others and yourself.
Otherwise it accumulates and becomes a pathological situation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:29 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Why you keep bashing me for what i believe all the time,is really beyond me.
Yeah i believe in the spark of life that fruits has it.You can live with this spark-dont you think?
Most of our cooked and processed food is just a low grade fuel for the body.It actually making bigger the need for supplementation etc .

Fasting obeys nature.Obeys also balance.
Eating everyday for 365 days in a year doesnt bobey nature.Fasting cleans the blood .No mre poisons inside the stomach and body can clean itself.Thats it.

PS GMO crops dont really feed
and ascorbic acid is toxic.

Vitamin c from fruits,berries and veggies supports life.

Keliu ,begin to love yourself. I know you think human nature is evil and you hate.But i am sure you also love.So begin to accept the other polarity,aka love.Begin to love things,others and yourself.
Otherwise it accumulates and becomes a pathological situation.

hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
The fact is though, that Americans do not want change. They do not want ahealth care system, they do not want to change the gun laws - so the government gives you what you want.

You are absolutely right… and we own it.

We have an excellent health care system … That is not to say that today’s health care doesn’t need some beefing-up. Many areas need to be addressed... mainly insurance issues i.e. opening the state borders for more competitive prices, insurance company’s excepting existing health issues, beefing-up our Medicaid program for our lower income families etc. We don’t need to throw the baby out with the bath. We simply don’t want our government running our health care... They’re having a hard enough time running themselves. Example: The IRS scandal... that btw would be in charge of the Obama Health Care program!! Seriously the IRS! Shock

Gun laws? Because of the battle on this issue, we are finely starting to look at what is truly at the center of the problem ‘mental health care’...too many mentally ill people walking the streets and no place to put them without the means (law) to act immediately and effectively. And, focusing on crime (gang related) hotspots and what can and should be done about it. Most Americans agree with stricter gun laws with extensive background checks etc. I know... no guns = no shootings, but there sure isn’t a lack of homemade bombs that have been used to get the job done.

As for the government giving us what we want.. This is what America is all about.

We put our government officials in office and we hold them to their campaign promises. The minute we see them going back on their word, we throw their self-severing sorry-a---s out! That keeps them giving us what we want. Oh but only if it were that easy. Rolling Eyes

I’m afraid this thread is starting to lean towards politics (a sure way to have it deleted.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Just sayin....again Laughing

Kassy_A wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I truly believe that 3 things should NOT be discussed on a skincare forum;

1.) Religion
2.) Politics
3.) Medical Advice

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Quote:
The fact is though, that Americans do not want change. They do not want ahealth care system, they do not want to change the gun laws - so the government gives you what you want.

You are absolutely right… and we own it.

We have an excellent health care system … That is not to say that today’s health care doesn’t need some beefing-up. Many areas need to be addressed... mainly insurance issues i.e. opening the state borders for more competitive prices, insurance company’s excepting existing health issues, beefing-up our Medicaid program for our lower income families etc. We don’t need to throw the baby out with the bath. We simply don’t want our government running our health care... They’re having a hard enough time running themselves. Example: The IRS scandal... that btw would be in charge of the Obama Health Care program!! Seriously the IRS! Shock

Gun laws? Because of the battle on this issue, we are finely starting to look at what is truly at the center of the problem ‘mental health care’...too many mentally ill people walking the streets and no place to put them without the means (law) to act immediately and effectively. And, focusing on crime (gang related) hotspots and what can and should be done about it. Most Americans agree with stricter gun laws with extensive background checks etc. I know... no guns = no shootings, but there sure isn’t a lack of homemade bombs that have been used to get the job done.

As for the government giving us what we want.. This is what America is all about.

We put our government officials in office and we hold them to their campaign promises. The minute we see them going back on their word, we throw their self-severing sorry-a---s out! That keeps them giving us what we want. Oh but only if it were that easy. Rolling Eyes

I’m afraid this thread is starting to lean towards politics (a sure way to have it deleted.)

Well said Deb - that is EXACTLY what we do as Americans -- we vote in the candidates who "promise us" what we want. Once they get into office, its a whole other story. FWIW, the Obamas aren't eating GMO foods or even conventionally grown foods. They are eating organic produce and meat... Hmmm. I wonder WHY? Obama promised in his campaign speech for his second term that he would fight for labeling so that Americans will know what's in our foods... Yet, the government has just passed a law that favors Monsanto and all the other chemical giants by allowing GMOs in packaged foods labelled "organic". So basically USDA Certified Organic does not necessarily mean its 100% organic anymore. That's another reason why it's so important to know the food crops that are being genetically grown, like soy, wheat, corn, canola oil, and the latest to the group - the sugar beet. You need to be your own food detective. Also, WHY on earth should we pay more for organic thinking it's safe, when there's still the possibility of GMOs being inside? That's exactly why groups like "California Right To Know" exist because politicians do fall short of their campaign promises and acquiesce to the demands of the big machine. Another reason why its so imporant to become educated and find out which are the "safe" commpanies to purchase from if you are eating packaged foods like pasta, which many vegetarians use as part of their diet. For instance, look for the companies participating in the labelling NON GMO VERIFIED PROJECT... these products are SAFE to feed your family. Trust me, they need to jump through hoops to get that certification. Best, Aprile

But getting back to this comment by Keliu:
Quote:
You can call it a conspiracy, I call it evolution. Yearning for the "good old days" when everything was "pure" is a myth. I don't know what the consequences of GMO foods will be - but I imagine that in a couple of hundred years time people will be worrying about something else - probably the aging population, because everyone will be living well into their hundreds!
. I find this thinking terrifying. That's like saying... "Okay it's fine go poison us and we'll just accept it in the name of progress." Seriously Keliu you need to do some research on the dangers of GMO "foods" before you cast aspersions. GMO seeds which contain "built in" pesticides do not produce "real" life sustaining food. They are the furthest thing from evolution. Those seeds produce garbage... no better than the "food products" found at McDonalds, Burger King and most other drive-throughs. Smh.... ~ Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Aprile - just wanted to make sure you saw this - Sis was talking about UK and not US, which was what my post was about (and if you look to see the message you quoted you will see this clearly now I hope!).
TheresaMary wrote:
Aprile

Just to be clear I said originally:

Sis in the UK doctors do have training which include nutrition.

To which she responded:

No Theresa Mary they don't. Dated a surgeon for five years - no nutritional training. Really they don't. If they do - it's a choice. Not a curriculum requirement.

Check the message you quoted above and you will see she is referring to UK not US!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:52 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Aprile - just wanted to make sure you saw this - Sis was talking about UK and not US, which was what my post was about (and if you look to see the message you quoted you will see this clearly now I hope!).
TheresaMary wrote:
Aprile

To which she responded:

No Theresa Mary they don't. Dated a surgeon for five years - no nutritional training. Really they don't. If they do - it's a choice. Not a curriculum requirement.

Check the message you quoted above and you will see she is referring to UK not US!

Perhaps Sis read your post quickly and assumed you were referring to US Doctors. I highly doubt she was dating a UK doctor. I do know that she knows all about US curriculum being part of the medical profession herself. ~ Best, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Well whether it was or wasn't I do know for a fact that UK doctors do get some nutritional training in their years at Uni, granted it isn't a substantial length of time only a year or so, but they are trained in it which was the point I was making.

aprile wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Aprile

To which she responded:

Perhaps Sis read your post quickly and assumed you were referring to US Doctors. I highly doubt she was dating a UK doctor. I do know that she knows all about US curriculum being part of the medical profession herself. ~ Best, Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Well whether it was or wasn't I do know for a fact that UK doctors do get some nutritional training in their years at Uni, granted it isn't a substantial length of time only a year or so, but they are trained in it which was the point I was making.

aprile wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Aprile

To which she responded:

I gotcha. No that isn't a lot of time either, but in the U.S. the curriculum requirement isn't even a year. It's only a certain number of hours. That's it. So now perhaps those other countries can see our point. ~ Aprile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Aprile - just to clarify your misconceptions about GMO in Australia. We DO grow GMO crops, namely cotton (grown since 1996) and canola (grown since 2008) - further experimentation is being carried out with other crops. Modified ingredients are also used in domestically manufactured processed foods and GMO fresh produce is imported and sold here.

http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/Food-and-Agriculture/Gene-technology/Gene-technology-in-Australia.aspx

What I am pointing out is that there would not be one type of vegetable or fruit available today that has not already been modified in some way. Whether we (notice I use the term WE) like it or not, I think this will continue and technology will go marching on.

APRILE - I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU USING ROLLING EYES ICONS AND WORDS LIKE "SHEESH" OR "WOW" WHICH ARE INTENDED TO INDICATE THAT I AM AN IDIOT. I would like you to stop. I have an opinion - I express what I believe to be well balanced opinions. If you disagree, that's fine - but please don't ridicule.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I really know nothing about medical training - but I think it's pretty similar throughout the world - because doctors frequently practice in other countries regardless of where they were trained.

I do know that a GP basically gets a smattering (if that's the right word) in everything - but then if they wish to specialise in a certain field then further training in that field is required.

As I have pointed out before, a nutritionist is a specialist. I wouldn't expect my GP to be as knowledgeable as a nutritionist in the same way I wouldn't expect him to be as knowledgeable as a brain specialist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 am      Reply with quote
This is also pertinent to our discussion on GMOs in Australia.

Quote:
Gene technology is a tool that offers potentially enormous benefits, but since it is still a relatively new technology, it is important that use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and products from GMOs are carefully regulated.

In Australia, the Gene Technology Regulator has to be satisfied that a GMO or GM product is safe and can be well managed to protect human health and the environment.
Human health
Gene technology is helping scientists to develop more effective therapies for diseases like cancer, diabetes, hepatitis C and influenza. For instance, micro-organisms such as yeast and bacteria have been modified to produce vaccines for hepatitis B and insulin for diabetics.
Researchers in Australia have also developed a malaria vaccine by genetically modifying the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum, which is now undergoing trials.

Scientists also use gene technology to locate and study the genes that cause genetic diseases, or that make some people prone to heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, motor neurone disease, some cancers, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.

Our food
In Australia, ingredients from GMOs are typically only found in highly processed foods and cannot be purchased as fresh food. Australian laws require food containing 1 per cent or more GM ingredients to be labelled.
Products from GM soybean, canola, corn, potato, sugar beet and cotton crops have been approved for use in food in Australia. These crops have been modified to be insect resistant, herbicide tolerant or both.

Spread of food on table.
Some soybeans have also been modified for increased oleic acid, a healthy monounsaturated fat. While GM canola and cotton are grown in Australia, other GM based food products are imported.

All GM food products available in Australia have been assessed for safety by Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ). FSANZ will not approve a GM food product if it is considered unsafe.

Our environment
GM crops that have been modified for insect resistance or herbicide tolerance allow farmers to use less herbicide and pesticide on their farms.

For example, insect resistant Bollgard II cotton has reduced pesticide use by up to 80 per cent. This in turn means fewer chemicals in the environment, and less harm to friendly insects.

The reduced chemical use means more sustainable management practices can be adopted, improving the health and productivity of the land. Reduced tillage associated with GM crops also leads to reduced greenhouse gas emissions through lower fuel use and increased soil carbon storage.

http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/Food-and-Agriculture/Gene-technology/Benefits-of-gene-technology.aspx

As far as I'm aware, there has not been a huge backlash to the whole GMO debate here. People have been more concerned with livestock being fed hormone-free feed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
. We DO grow GMO crops, namely cotton (grown since 1996) and canola (grown since 2008) .

Ok ,that suggests that you grow dope.

GMO canola?You wouldnt want to put this stuff not on your worst enemy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
I thought this thread had been deleted. I was looking all over for it :roll:

The old expression ‘trust but verify’ is my motto hands down when it comes to any medical procedure. Second opinions have been a Godsend in my life and several others in my family. Anything that has to do with keeping me on this planet is going to have me all over it. Believe me, I am no stranger to the tight-lip smiles from some I have dared to question.

I’ve had some terrific Dr’s and I’ve had some who surely got their license out of a Cracker Jack box. Remember 50% of those in the medical field graduated in the lower half of their class. Too many are not willing to keep up to speed. Verify and research.

Grab yourself a cup of coffee. You’re gonna love this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA

Has anyone actually viewed this video ? Some of you pro-gmo people ought to first take the time to watch this Ted Talk video. You might then understand what others are talking about. Deb Crowley gave this link for an excellent reason.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |