Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz) June Jacobs Protective Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (47 ml / 1.6 floz)
Cancer Prevention

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Author Message
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Want to know why cancer is clearly rampant in the United States? Great FB post as to the differences between ingredients from U.S. McDonalds french fries and the same fries from the U.K. Pretty scary.

Image

And the rest of the article:
http://foodbabe.com/2013/10/22/sillyputty/
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
LOOOOL french fries with beef flavour in the US mc donalds. With motor grade oils i want to add.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3386
Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Want to know why cancer is clearly rampant in the United States? Great FB post as to the differences between ingredients from U.S. McDonalds french fries and the same fries from the U.K. Pretty scary.

Image

And the rest of the article:
http://foodbabe.com/2013/10/22/sillyputty/


I wonder if the UK ingredient deck really includes everything? Here is the Canadian version:

Canada
Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate, citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane and cooked in vegetable oil (canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane); salt (salt, silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide)
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3386
Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Some good tips here for breast cancer awareness month:

Quote:
Five things your breasts can teach you about your health

Given October is breast cancer awareness month, we couldnít let this regular column go without at least one piece on breast health. And because your breasts change over your lifetime, and on a lesser degree over the course of a month, itís important to understand the connection between them and your hormones.

Here I give you five ways to better understand your breasts, their connection to your health and how you can use this knowledge to reduce your risk of breast cancer.

1. Breast tenderness says a lot about your hormones
You might experience severe breast swelling and discomfort some months, while others reveal less distinct warning signs that your menstrual cycle is right around the corner. But know that if, when, and where you have soreness says a lot about your hormones.

According to Jerilynn Prior, M.D., a Canadian clinician, researcher and professor of endocrinology at the University of British Columbia, premenstrual breast tenderness at the sides of the breast under the armpits suggests that ovulation has occurred during that cycle. If the breasts are sore up front and over the nipples, it tends to suggest high estrogen, or estrogen dominance, which can indicate a lack of ovulation. Soreness on the sides and the front may indicate that ovulation occurred but that not much progesterone was produced three or four days after ovulation, and thus estrogen dominance is occurring.

Read more here: http://www.chatelaine.com/health/wellness/breast-health-what-your-breasts-tell-about-your-health/
jazzi
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 186
Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I wonder if the UK ingredient deck really includes everything? Here is the Canadian version:

Canada
Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate, citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane and cooked in vegetable oil (canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane); salt (salt, silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide)


UK:

Fries :
Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Dextrose (only added at beginning of season).

Prepared in the restaurants using a non-hydrogenated vegetable oil. Salt is added after cooking. Please note our Fries can be cooked in the same oil as the Spicy Veggie Patty which contains: Chickpeas (30%), Batter (Rice Flour, Maize Flour, Maize Starch, Potato Starch, (Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum)), Breadcrumb (Rice Flour, Gram Flour, Maize Starch, Dextrose), Onion (10%), Yellow Split Peas (7%), Potatoes (7%), Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Water, Dehydrated Potato, Herbs & Spices (Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Garlic Powder), Sugar, Salt. If you require any further details please contact McDonald’s Customers Services Tel: +44 (0) 8705 244622.

Germany: Kartoffeln, pflanzliches ÷l, Dextrose, Stabilisator: E450i (Dinatriumdiphosphat).

Although somewhere on their sites they also say that French fries have only potatoes and salt in them.

_________________
Do what all good pragmatists do. Compromise.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Posts: 956
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
My SIL lives in the UK, and she saw one of my FB posts about the difference in commercial foods sold in the US and in the UK... especially with regard to candy.

The particular candy in the discussion was starbursts. She brought me some last summer. Totally different flavors too. Way more fruity. And way less chemicals. CRAZY!

_________________
Claudia of FlexEffect... 43, fair skin, occasional breakout, Using ECO FROG (my own=disclaimer), and TrueScience (I also sell this)... Happy with that...Come visit on FB!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
My SIL lives in the UK, and she saw one of my FB posts about the difference in commercial foods sold in the US and in the UK... especially with regard to candy.

The particular candy in the discussion was starbursts. She brought me some last summer. Totally different flavors too. Way more fruity. And way less chemicals. CRAZY!


Just think ... Halloween has become *really* scary in the US. 100% GMO. U.K. is way ahead of us. How sad. Crying or Very sad
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 782
Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Want to know why cancer is clearly rampant in the United States? Great FB post as to the differences between ingredients from U.S. McDonalds french fries and the same fries from the U.K. Pretty scary.

How is this related to cancer, which you claim is "clearly rampant in the United States"? All I see is 2 different ingredients lists.

Do people in the US who develop cancer eat more McD's French fries than cancer-free Americans? Do English cancer patients eat more French fries than non-cancer individuals? Do Americans in general have higher cancer rates than those in the UK? Does everyone who eats McD's fries have a higher risk of cancer, regardless of where they live? I think you get the idea!

All I see is 2 similar but different ingredients lists, and a lot of conjecture (without any relevant evidence). Clarify how an ingredient list for one processed food product answers the "why" you stated above. Nothing "scary" here until the evidence is revealed and examined.

_________________
Born 1953; Blonde-Blue; Normal skin
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lol..."Franken Food".. figure it out.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
aprile wrote:
Want to know why cancer is clearly rampant in the United States? Great FB post as to the differences between ingredients from U.S. McDonalds french fries and the same fries from the U.K. Pretty scary.

How is this related to cancer, which you claim is "clearly rampant in the United States"? All I see is 2 different ingredients lists.

Do people in the US who develop cancer eat more McD's French fries than cancer-free Americans? Do English cancer patients eat more French fries than non-cancer individuals? Do Americans in general have higher cancer rates than those in the UK? Does everyone who eats McD's fries have a higher risk of cancer, regardless of where they live? I think you get the idea!

All I see is 2 similar but different ingredients lists, and a lot of conjecture (without any relevant evidence). Clarify how an ingredient list for one processed food product answers the "why" you stated above. Nothing "scary" here until the evidence is revealed and examined.


Lacy,one can wait all their life for evidence while swallowing metals with sand(aka minerals and vitamins in pills),putting heavy metals in their face,bathing with chlorine contaminated ,
washing with soap with motor grade olive oil and eating mc fries with motor grade canola oil,drinking his city heavy metal contaminated water.

Trust me,things wouldnt seem to be that bright to him.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2443
Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Panoslydios Ė you say this yet you havenít shown us any evidence of what you are speaking of or what it has done for your skin and face yet? From what I recall you have started Tanaka because of this (and why you started that when you eat fruits and breath air and eat light is most interesting to me). People can and should take minerals and vitamins if their bodies cannot absorb them from foods, or if the foods they are eating contain small amounts, and in some cases with things like cancer, a move to that diet is dangerous and can make a person very ill. Whilst there is no doubt that healthy eating is helpful to undoing some of the damage cancer is capable of, it has to be done gradually otherwise people will become very sick if they make the changes you suggest often.

Where is the photos of you and your face so we can see the evidence of what you say? I would be interested to see how you age in the next 10, 20 years living as you do.
panoslydios wrote:
Lacy,one can wait all their life for evidence while swallowing metals with sand(aka minerals and vitamins in pills),putting heavy metals in their face,bathing with chlorine contaminated ,
washing with soap with motor grade olive oil and eating mc fries with motor grade canola oil,drinking his city heavy metal contaminated water.

Trust me,things wouldnt seem to be that bright to him.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Panoslydios Ė you say this yet you havenít shown us any evidence of what you are speaking of or what it has done for your skin and face yet? From what I recall you have started Tanaka because of this (and why you started that when you eat fruits and breath air and eat light is most interesting to me). People can and should take minerals and vitamins if their bodies cannot absorb them from foods, or if the foods they are eating contain small amounts, and in some cases with things like cancer, a move to that diet is dangerous and can make a person very ill. Whilst there is no doubt that healthy eating is helpful to undoing some of the damage cancer is capable of, it has to be done gradually otherwise people will become very sick if they make the changes you suggest often.

Where is the photos of you and your face so we can see the evidence of what you say? I would be interested to see how you age in the next 10, 20 years living as you do.
panoslydios wrote:
Lacy,one can wait all their life for evidence while swallowing metals with sand(aka minerals and vitamins in pills),putting heavy metals in their face,bathing with chlorine contaminated ,
washing with soap with motor grade olive oil and eating mc fries with motor grade canola oil,drinking his city heavy metal contaminated water.

Trust me,things wouldnt seem to be that bright to him.


Correct about shifting to a healthier diet gradually and not immediatley.
Because the body can see the present and the future and adjust.
If taken immediate crazy steps then it can even die like if you go from a totally dark room living there for three months and then immediatley thrown out to the sun!
Or if you put a indian person living in fresh air 80 years immediatley in the center of the most polluted factory in germany.It wont adjust cause it wasnt prepared cause sudden changes are harmfull to the body.

The rest we have debate them million times here.

But even then ,you have succesfully grasp the above,aka vital adjustment you still force your body to digest undigestable things.
You force it to adjust in something unnatural and harmful with the consequence of reducing longevity.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 312
Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Correct about shifting to a healthier diet gradually and not immediatley.
Because the body can see the present and the future and adjust.


How does the body "see the future"?!?!? What documented information did you get this from?

_________________
Photo taken Oct 28, 2013: http://bit.ly/17Umeou
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Angela,lets take the most famous example.

When one smokes a cigarette for the first time,the body attacks the poisons and begins to cough sickly.
When one keeps on smoking,the body is able to see the future and adjust accordingly,it no longer coughs,it changes ,it is forming mucous in the lungs to protect them from the carbon monoxide and other harmful ingredients.
It is either change or perish for the body.
Same applies with the poisonous air in our atmosphere.
Do you agree? Smile

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 312
Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Angela,lets take the most famous example.

When one smokes a cigarette for the first time,the body attacks the poisons and begins to cough sickly.
When one keeps on smoking,the body is able to see the future and adjust accordingly,it no longer coughs,it changes ,it is forming mucous in the lungs to protect them from the carbon monoxide and other harmful ingredients.
It is either change or perish for the body.
Same applies with the poisonous air in our atmosphere.
Do you agree? Smile


That's not "seeing the future". That is adjusting to harmful toxins. The body has NO IDEA how many toxins will be put into the body or how many times the person will keep on smoking. It's "actively adjusting" by creating mucous and such in order to protect itself. That's why things are different as time progresses. That is not 'seeing the future' at all. That's adjusting to the PRESENT SITUATION of toxins being introduced into the body. The more toxins that are put into the body, the more adjusting the body does. That's why things "build up" as time goes on. But the body doesn't 'see the future'. That's not correct.

_________________
Photo taken Oct 28, 2013: http://bit.ly/17Umeou
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Angela - No offense, but Panos is using the term "the body sees the future" as a metaphor... much like they were used in parables in the bible. That is the way he communicates his thoughts.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Yep,meaning it can see the remote and adjust to a maximum duration of its survival.

Thats why in a perfect enviroment human body should be mature /age far later.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2443
Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Its not the only way he communicates his thoughts, but its an interesting interpretation of them for sure Aprile. Some of his thoughts (like living on air and light only) are quite frankly disturbing especially for anyone going through cancer
aprile wrote:
Angela - No offense, but Panos is using the term "the body sees the future" as a metaphor... much like they were used in parables in the bible. That is the way he communicates his thoughts.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Sorry TM ~ IMO, that it IS not the *exact* intent. Panos may be out there in your estimation, but he is bringing to light so many things that are taken for granted, yet truly missing from our world today. Clean air and sunlight are indeed important to a cancer patient. These are important points, regardless of how they are communicated or how you perceive them. Also, you shouldn't discount everything he or any person says based upon your interpretation. Very Happy
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2443
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Aprile, yet again you are going off on half the facts here (again). You would be wiser to read his posts prior to those in this thread alone before you make any judgment of my interpretation because however much out there he is Ė there are some real dangers to what is being suggested here that are dangerous quite frankly and Iím a little surprised by your defending him and his remarks here particularly as you have been in that situation so know people who are likewise will try anything and living on air and light is quite frankly downright stupid for someone in the cancer boat.

Iím actually okay with people being out there Ė but what I am not okay with (and it scares me frankly that you are okay with it) is when people make a viewpoint almost out to be a fact. No where have I said that clean air or sunlight are not important to a cancer patient (please show me where you think I have said this). What I have said is that I do not believe someone should go to just air and light. There is a huge difference that you may want to brush under the carpet but nonetheless which has been said.

Surely logic must tell you that that is crazy talk?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Aprile, yet again you are going off on half the facts here (again). You would be wiser to read his posts prior to those in this thread alone before you make any judgment of my interpretation because however much out there he is Ė there are some real dangers to what is being suggested here that are dangerous quite frankly and Iím a little surprised by your defending him and his remarks here particularly as you have been in that situation so know people who are likewise will try anything and living on air and light is quite frankly downright stupid for someone in the cancer boat.

Iím actually okay with people being out there Ė but what I am not okay with (and it scares me frankly that you are okay with it) is when people make a viewpoint almost out to be a fact. No where have I said that clean air or sunlight are not important to a cancer patient (please show me where you think I have said this). What I have said is that I do not believe someone should go to just air and light. There is a huge difference that you may want to brush under the carpet but nonetheless which has been said.

Surely logic must tell you that that is crazy talk?


Hmmm I don't want to argue with you TM, but please show me where I said you didn't think that sunshine and fresh air were important. Come-on now. Also, just because Panos makes comments that you don't agree with, I don't think you should discount everything he says. In fact, I don't think its a leap of faith that you've misinterpreted what he's saying because you aren't connecting all of the dots. In fact, you choose to ignore many of the dots. You've already shown your cards because you won't even allow people who think differently from you from posting their opinions or beliefs without accusing them of being "dangerous" to the cancer patient. Seriously? It's very apparent that most of Panos thinking is very different from yours and not even in your realm of thinking. That's fine; you don't have to agree with him or me or anyone else on this forum who thinks outside the modern paradigm of medicine that we have today. But, there is some evidence that people who have cancer fare far better on liquid diets and fasting so that the body doesn't have to work so at hard breaking down foods and can concentrate more on the task at hand - healing.... But, given everything you've said, I doubt you would even consider that concept in the realm of possibility. Also, many alternative treatments include things like far infrared light therapy, live food diets (Wigmore), Vitamin D therapy, emotional free technique, etc.. I don't see mentioning those things as dangerous at all. BUT I do see relying solely upon chemo and radiation as dangerous, and hence the reason WHY I have mainly avoided this thread. Because this thread is on a beauty forum, I hardly think any information here is going to be utilized "solely" by the cancer patient. However it might enlighten some to contact physicians who deal with alternative, do no harm methods of treating and healing the disease. That's a good thing because chemo and radiation are toxic and NOT cancer prevention at all, far from it. ~ Aprile
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile you speak honest true words that tell the truth.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
IF a human can achieve healing on a liquidarian/juice diet then that pretty much means his past habits didnt obey Nature.

I am thinking so much about it and have come to the point that it depends on WILL.It is US that can control healing and avoiding toxins.Maybe not 100% but at a really great portion.

I honestly believe if one can see his/her body and what it really needs to heal and make a reality out of this view ,then it pretty much attains HIGHER LEVELS OF CONSIOUSNESS.
You will find many ex-patients to have achieve this.

THE SECRET to avoiding disease and aging is keeping the fluid between the cells CLEAN so that the magnetic poles of the cells can attract the cosmic breath of life.Its magnetism that makes your cells alive not FOOD.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 312
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Angela - No offense, but Panos is using the term "the body sees the future" as a metaphor... much like they were used in parables in the bible. That is the way he communicates his thoughts.


The parables in the bible were entire stories that told a "moral" or a lesson. panoslydios saying some inane thing like "the body can see the future" is NOT the same thing at all.

_________________
Photo taken Oct 28, 2013: http://bit.ly/17Umeou
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 1149
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Panos - I do *appreciate* your thought process, although others may not. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz) Orlane 24 Hour Hydration Limited Edition (50 ml)