Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

10 Anti-Aging foods - anyone have anything to Add
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CaliBabe

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been trying the best to eat healthy with fitness and taking good care of my skin. I want to know everything and anything for anti-aging. (midlife crisis? lol) Does anyone have anything to add to the list? or extra tips.
Thank you!

1. Berries
promote cell health and can protect against disease.

2. Dark Chocolate
cocoa beans helps reduce inflammation of the skin caused by exposure to UV light.

3. Garlic
a natural way to help boost your immune system, with antiviral and antibacterial properties.

4. Nuts
good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, which helps lower blood pressure; vitamin E, which helps prevent cell damage; and calcium to maintain strong bones.

5. Beans
They are high in protein, promote hair growth and help thicken hair cells by making the fibers stronger.

6. Eggs
Eggs are rich in iron and biotin, which help keep your skin and hair healthy and full.

7. Tomatoes
Lycopene acts as natural sun block, preventing the UV damage that causes sunspots, dryness and wrinkles. Remember to cook tomatoes for the maximum anti-aging effect.

8. Avocado
Avocados are one of the richest sources of monounsaturated fats and contain biotin for healthy skin.

9. Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds contain lignin phytoestrogens, which prevent collagen breakdown and boost the skin’s lipid barrier.

10. Wheat Germ
has anti-inflammatory properties to help prevent eczema; recent studies even indicate that wheat germ can help reduce acne.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lemons?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Many lists include pacific or wild salmon. (not farm-raised salmon)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Copied from Tom Hagerty's website:

Quote:
Beauty Mineral

Garlic, Onions, and Egg Yolks - These are rich sources of the mineral sulfur. This nonmetallic mineral is necessary for the synthesis of both collagen and elastin. These macromolecules keep the skin firm, elastic, and young-looking. Collagen and elastin are components of the skin matrix. They are produced by connective tissue cells in the skin called fibroblasts. Sulfur, known as the “beauty mineral,” and vitamin C work together to boost collagen and elastin production.

I have also read of people reporting very good results in their skin condition when they took the supplement MSM with Ester C as the source of their sulfur. Nice to know exactly what role it plays.

I believe eating an anti-inflammatory diet would also be anti-aging. Tom talks about it on the same page where I got the text I quoted above from: http://www.shapeyourface.com/nutrition.htm
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Beetroot - amongst other things it helps lower blood pressure (and related risks) and improve blood flow generally.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Oats.

http://www.naturalnews.com/024319_skin_natural_smooth.html

http://www.sharecare.com/health/skin-hair-nail-beauty/article/why-your-skin-craves-oatmeal

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Pineapples! Very Happy
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Acai Berry , Goji Berry and Reversatol Supplements... works wonders.. though I don't really stick to it haha.
beccachan
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 am      Reply with quote
red wine
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:20 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Many lists include pacific or wild salmon. (not farm-raised salmon)

Also try not to eat Atlantic salmon. My daughter is a marine biologist and she says that Atlantic salmon are way over-fished and dying out.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Dark chocolate! ( maybe not in the amounts I eat it Rolling Eyes)

5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Google The Perricone Diet.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Walnuts

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
terraaus wrote:
Google The Perricone Diet.

Second. Plus chia seeds and matcha green tea.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
-Broccoli sprouts. It was worth learning how to sprout with a sprouting jar just to have these around the kitchen every day. Very Happy

-I really like salmon and flax. (I think most of the people here prefer chia for plant omega-3s. But I like the research for flax better. :P)

-Nori. I like the way my skin looks when I snack on these for a few days in a row. It's probably just the extra iodine and A. But I love it.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote
haha I was going to say chia seeds too

and kelp ^-^
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting article that goes along with this topic - The 7 foods experts won't eat: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-7-foods-experts-wont-eat-547963/

1. canned tomatoes
2. corn-fed beef
3. microwave popcorn
4. nonorganic potatoes
5. farmed salmon
6. milk produced with artificial hormones
7. conventional apples

This is from another thread but wanted to share as it adds to the discussion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Eggs are not health promoting period.
Havent seen any benefits from it.

Kelp might not be healthy if it is being collected from polluted sea.

Tomatoes might not be healthy since it contains the wrong mineral size making it non so bioavaiable to humans.

For the rest i have to agree especially for fresh picked fruits berries.Pineapple is king in anti-aging.Orange juice promotes red blood cells like nothing else!!!!Look at this statement.

Just thought I'd add a little true experience here since it's dealing w/ red blood cells. I think I posted this before when it happened a couple of weeks ago but in case you didn't see it I will repost it.

My grandson is 3 eyars old & undergoing chemo for leukemia. After his first round of the garbage, his little body was so compromised that his red cell count was dangerously low & he could not go home b/c of it. The MDs allowed me to take him fresh oranges & he started eating 6-8 a day & within 48 hours his RBC came up so high, they immediately released him to go home. This was the week before Christmas & the MDs had already told my daughter, his mom, that there was no way he was going to get to leave the hospital, even for christmas.

I was already a fan of oranges but now I love them even more. I am staying the weekend w/ him @ the hospital & I just purchased a juicer & a large bag of organic oranges to take for him.

Best Regards,

Kimber

So get the juicer out and squeeze some oranges.I totally 100% believe you can only live on orange juice and be healthy and glowing looking with all this regeneration of red blood cells that expel the acids out of the body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Tomatoes might not be healthy since it contains the wrong mineral size making it non so bioavaiable to humans.

For the rest i have to agree especially for fresh picked fruits berries.Pineapple is king in anti-aging.Orange juice promotes red blood cells like nothing else!!!!Look at this statement.

Just thought I'd add a little true experience here since it's dealing w/ red blood cells. I think I posted this before when it happened a couple of weeks ago but in case you didn't see it I will repost it.

My grandson is 3 eyars old & undergoing chemo for leukemia. After his first round of the garbage, his little body was so compromised that his red cell count was dangerously low & he could not go home b/c of it. The MDs allowed me to take him fresh oranges & he started eating 6-8 a day & within 48 hours his RBC came up so high, they immediately released him to go home. This was the week before Christmas & the MDs had already told my daughter, his mom, that there was no way he was going to get to leave the hospital, even for christmas.

I was already a fan of oranges but now I love them even more. I am staying the weekend w/ him @ the hospital & I just purchased a juicer & a large bag of organic oranges to take for him.

Best Regards,

Kimber

So get the juicer out and squeeze some oranges.I totally 100% believe you can only live on orange juice and be healthy and glowing looking with all this regeneration of red blood cells that expel the acids out of the body.

Panos - I must disagree:

Eggs that come from chickens raised properly can be very healthy. Eggs are an easily absorbed and dense protein source. They are generally a lower calorie way to get valuable nutrition to the eyes (lutein for example), nerve health and positive renewal of cell membranes as well as probably 10 other things.

I truly doubt one can be healthy and glowing living solely on Orange juice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

panoslydios I find it ironic that all the foods you claim are aging and not good are foods that people who actually look good for their age recommend and eat. Take for example Tom Hagerty who is seen below about 8 years ago:

(www.shapeyourface.com)

And here he is in 2013 @ age 82 IIRC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPbdmGMf2k

Your posts had me thinking of the nutritionist and raw foodist, Viktoras Kulvinskas, and I wouldn't say his way of eating, which might be similar to yours, has kept him looking young and he's years younger than Tom. He is fit, all right, which anyone who does Yoga usually is, but he doesn't look young:

(www.naturalusa.com)

And this is he in 2013 @ age 74: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCIQND32oc

Now Tonya Zavasta does look good and she eats raw. But she does eat tomatoes. (BTW what is not bio-available from tomatoes is lycopene but only when raw. It's is bio-available in cooked tomatoes and is good for promoting prostate health and preventing its cancer, so bruschetta would be a tasty way to get it. Tonya also eats kelp, and she looks amazing:

(www.beautifulonraw.com)

This is she in 2013 @ age 55: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4HcqyWSaFI

I do agree that fruits and veggies and nuts and seeds are good, but so are the other foods recommended in this thread. Just because you do not believe in something doesn't make your belief the gospel. It would be nice if you just shared your recommendations without knocking down everyone else's suggestions as if you are some authority on nutrition. "I do not eat eggs because I don't find any benefit from them" would have sufficed, rather than "Eggs are not health promoting, period" which reeks of arrogance and of ignorance, especially when you cannot back up your bold statements with any insightful explanations.

That would be like me showing up here and yelling, all humans are plants! Science has been lying to you. You need sun, water, food from the earth...just like plants. So there! Neutral
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Please lets not destroy this thread.Anyway,i 100% believe that eggs block there in lymph glands and being trapped for considerable amount of time just like any other non human food.

When it comes to aging someone should also consider the de-worming foods.For example ,look at the olive tree.It can make it to 2000year cause its leaves are antiparasitic like nothing else so consuming olive oil or olive leaf extract is anti aging promoting.Pineapple is also de-worming.

Black walnut also,figs contain an anti parasitic enzyme(check out zymex) and of course oregano is king.

Fish ,meat,eggs,dairy,junk have one thing in common :they steal you circulation and block your lymph glands aka AGING YOU .I feel 100% much better without these foods now for 4 months or more.
I also 100% believe that whatever food passes our stomach is being useless if the stomach produces more acid .Cause acid is the DEFENSE of the stomach to the aging and killing food.
If you drink orange juice ,it needs ZERO DIGESTION and it is being expelled also through the skin within 15 minutes giving you the feeling of freshness.All the other stuff is just a trouble for the body.I 100% believe human body is fruitarian and breatherian till i found anything better ;P

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios - how do you explain the fact that pineapples and oranges cannot be grown in many climates of the world - therefore, for thousands of years they have been an unattainable food source for the majority of the world's population. - and yet we have all thrived.

As for breathing - I thoroughly recommend it. But it's a great pity that the millions of Chinese people who died in the famine of 1942 didn't just relax and take a deep breath.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
panoslydios - how do you explain the fact that pineapples and oranges cannot be grown in many climates of the world - therefore, for thousands of years they have been an unattainable food source for the majority of the world's population. - and yet we have all thrived.

As for breathing - I thoroughly recommend it. But it's a great pity that the millions of Chinese people who died in the famine of 1942 didn't just relax and take a deep breath.

I dont remember to have said that without pineapple people immediatley die!!!But nothing can beat the alive enzymes in pineapple therefor making it one of the most valuable fruit in blood purifying and you are lucky you can buy it from your local store Smile
I think we humans are meant to live near the equator.We have to feel the Sun!Cold make us feel in a constant defensive state and give us depression.Most of the great civilization are near the equator(indian,greek,egyptian,rome,mayas,even the mythical atlantis and lemuria).

I am really craving for some coconut milk for fats!!!Too bad we dont have any of them here.But still while returning from the sea,pick hand fresh berries is also the real stuff(it actually makes me laugh when people buy into goji berries;))

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Gastric juice (stomach acid) is needed for protein digestion, whether it's animal or plant, so I am not sure I follow your argument, panoslydios about food that causes the stomach to produce acid being useless. Without that acid being produced, you would not be able to break down protein (eg beans) to amino acids which are necessary for bodybuilding. And yes, without that acid, any bacteria you eat would not be destroyed so it's actually not such a bad thing. I think you are confusing that with blood being acidic due to a bad lifestyle and disease. Blood should be slightly alkaline if one is healthy. The stomach digestive juices should be acidic.

Can you cite where you get your information from?

And what is wrong with goji berries, pray do tell?

And just a point about pineapples you sing praises of. In 2003, I developed bald patches. I was eating pineapples weekly. Every time after a meal, my bald patches would itch like crazy. I got a food sensitivity test done. Pineapples were a culprit among other things. I cut the offending foods from my diet and my hair grew back. Not just that, the itching stopped and the lethargy I used to feel, disappeared. For some reason, normal foods that others can enjoy were toxins to my body, including your beloved pineapples. So how do you explain that?

My point being, one man's food is another man's poison. So you may actually have good information but it's hard to even get it when you make sweeping statements about foods being bad for everyone when it may just be that you who has a sensitivity to them. I still cannot eat pineapples because they make me ill and I think I am thriving without them. Which is what Keliu said. She didn't say you said people die immediately.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Gastric juice (stomach acid) is needed for protein digestion, whether it's animal or plant, so I am not sure I follow your argument, panoslydios about food that causes the stomach to produce acid being useless. Without that acid being produced, you would not be able to break down protein (eg beans) to amino acids which are necessary for bodybuilding. And yes, without that acid, any bacteria you eat would not be destroyed so it's actually not such a bad thing. I think you are confusing that with blood being acidic due to a bad lifestyle and disease. Blood should be slightly alkaline if one is healthy. The stomach digestive juices should be acidic.

Can you cite where you get your information from?

Nahhhh.i love how it makes all of you curious because you really deep down know that SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH DIET AND NUTRITION Wink

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |