Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
10 Anti-Aging foods - anyone have anything to Add
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Gastric juice (stomach acid) is needed for protein digestion, whether it's animal or plant, so I am not sure I follow your argument, panoslydios about food that causes the stomach to produce acid being useless. Without that acid being produced, you would not be able to break down protein (eg beans) to amino acids which are necessary for bodybuilding. And yes, without that acid, any bacteria you eat would not be destroyed so it's actually not such a bad thing. I think you are confusing that with blood being acidic due to a bad lifestyle and disease. Blood should be slightly alkaline if one is healthy. The stomach digestive juices should be acidic.

Can you cite where you get your information from?

Nahhhh.i love how it makes all of you curious because you really deep down know that SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH DIET AND NUTRITION Wink

Just as I thought. Laughing Dude bye!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

I dont remember to have said that without pineapple people immediatley die!!!

My point is that people have evolved by eating what nature provided in their particular environment. Any talk about eliminating whole groups of foods from your diet (other than for medical or ethical reasons) is just ridiculous. Everything in moderation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Gastric juice (stomach acid) is needed for protein digestion, whether it's animal or plant, so I am not sure I follow your argument, panoslydios about food that causes the stomach to produce acid being useless. Without that acid being produced, you would not be able to break down protein (eg beans) to amino acids which are necessary for bodybuilding. And yes, without that acid, any bacteria you eat would not be destroyed so it's actually not such a bad thing. I think you are confusing that with blood being acidic due to a bad lifestyle and disease. Blood should be slightly alkaline if one is healthy. The stomach digestive juices should be acidic.

Nahhhh.i love how it makes all of you curious because you really deep down know that SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH DIET AND NUTRITION Wink

curious??? pls, panos, dont flatter yourself, most of the time people here take u as a joke! at least that's what i do, you give me a good laugh, which is good for health.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
most of the time people here take u as a joke! at least that's what i do, you give me a good laugh, which is good for health.

I think I tend to look at a lot of opinions around here with a great deal of irreverence - but I actually don't find anything funny about Panoslydios' opinions. Mainly because they're not based on anything logical and intelligent. But then, I find quite allot of people's attitude to food quite disturbing! IMO, many people have a very bad relationship with food and seem to see it as the enemy. I often wonder how many people like to cook and actually cook nutritious meals for their family. So much time is spent discussing what you can't eat. Culturally, food is an important part of our lives - often, it is how we interact with our friends and family. By going on crazy diets you divorce yourself from family and friends - or you have to prepare separate meals for yourself and your family. Meals should be a social activity - scoffing down a smoothie with a handful of supplements just doesn't cut it for me!

I now have a little grand-daughter whose just starting to eat solids. My daughter has been giving her all kinds of fruits and vegetables, rice and cereals (no processed baby food) and it's a joy to see her get it all over her face! I really hope she grows up to have an appreciation of all food groups and is also thankful that she's a member of the first world who will always have enough to eat. Panoslydios, you need to travel to countries where life is tough, where it's hard to feed your family - and where any food is considered precious.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:56 am      Reply with quote
After seeing the documentary "Forks over Knives," I've been eating a more plant based diet. It isn't for everyone, and I'm not saying it's the best, but it makes sense for me.

My skin has been clearer and I feel better (more energy) all around. You can get plenty of protein and calcium without meat and dairy products (although I eat non-fat yogurt).
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 am      Reply with quote
CaliBabe wrote:
I have been trying the best to eat healthy with fitness and taking good care of my skin. I want to know everything and anything for anti-aging. (midlife crisis? lol) Does anyone have anything to add to the list? or extra tips.
Thank you!

1. Berries
promote cell health and can protect against disease.

2. Dark Chocolate
cocoa beans helps reduce inflammation of the skin caused by exposure to UV light.

3. Garlic
a natural way to help boost your immune system, with antiviral and antibacterial properties.

4. Nuts
good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, which helps lower blood pressure; vitamin E, which helps prevent cell damage; and calcium to maintain strong bones.

5. Beans
They are high in protein, promote hair growth and help thicken hair cells by making the fibers stronger.

6. Eggs
Eggs are rich in iron and biotin, which help keep your skin and hair healthy and full.

7. Tomatoes
Lycopene acts as natural sun block, preventing the UV damage that causes sunspots, dryness and wrinkles. Remember to cook tomatoes for the maximum anti-aging effect.

8. Avocado
Avocados are one of the richest sources of monounsaturated fats and contain biotin for healthy skin.

9. Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds contain lignin phytoestrogens, which prevent collagen breakdown and boost the skin’s lipid barrier.

10. Wheat Germ
has anti-inflammatory properties to help prevent eczema; recent studies even indicate that wheat germ can help reduce acne.

I pretty much like all these foods for skin and hair health, although I recently gave up wheat. I don't know if you are a vegetarian, but I also like salmon & sardines (one or the other, at least five days a weeks).

In addition I like a lot of green vegetables, such as broccoli and kale, onions, some raw salads, olive oil.

Drink lots of water, of course.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
panoslydios wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:

curious??? pls, panos, dont flatter yourself, most of the time people here take u as a joke! at least that's what i do, you give me a good laugh, which is good for health.

I wanted to apologize to panos, I didnt mean to say that I or anyone else takes HIM as a joke but his comments/opinions as they are so over the top, n yes I do find most em funny, I guess I have weird sense of humor Very Happy
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Properly prepared bone broths are a great anti-aging food. They maintain collagen integrity due to their amino acid, gelatin, and NAG content. I've read so many stories of people's skin looking younger, healthier hair/nail growth and even cellulite diminishing after consuming bone broth for a few months.
Bone broth is also fantastic for joints.

http://ohlardy.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-benefits-of-bone-broth

The fats we eat make a difference in skin inflammation and ability to combat the effects of UV rays. It's really common in the "Real Food"/Paleo diet community to hear stories of fair skinned people who always burned who now take much longer to burn, if they burn at all.
They always report this after cutting way back on polyunsaturated fats (veggie/seed oils) and replacing them with monounsaturated and natural saturated fats. Fatty acids are incorporated into our skin cells and polyunsaturates tend to promote inflammation when consumed in too great amounts (which is typical in most diets).

More info on sunburns and fats:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-natural-ways-to-prevent-a-sunburn-and-sunscreens-not-one-of-them/#axzz2dlpanbvx

In my own experience, changing my diet to a Paleo/Primal diet (for autoimmune reasons) has made a big difference in my skin. I was previously a long-time vegetarian and for 6 months before going Paleo, I was a raw vegan (my skin really fell apart then, as I learned that my body doesn't efficiently use plant proteins, not to mention that my hormone levels really dropped.).

I was able to reverse some premature aging that happened when I was about 30 (I'm nearly 36), and I no longer burn nearly as easily as I used to (I'm fair and freckled). I also no longer get painful cysts on my face (which I now know were directly due to a gluten sensitivity).
In addition to my diet being so much less inflammatory for my skin, I'm not getting the glycation load eating nearly grain-free with way less sugar Smile
beccachan
5% products discount

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:09 am      Reply with quote
and one more, grape seed cooking oil
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:19 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

I wanted to apologize to panos, I didnt mean to say that I or anyone else takes HIM as a joke but his comments/opinions as they are so over the top, n yes I do find most em funny, I guess I have weird sense of humor Very Happy

Quite often, people do have foolish beliefs - I don't think we should have to appologise for saying so. I know I've been hauled over the coals for not respecting other people's opinions - but when those opinions are based on nonsense, it's hard not to speak up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I finished a mini 36 hour orange juice fast with some mango at the end.Good stuff.Squeezed 12 oranges in total and didnt need even water.

I had to break it cause i have to be social in my house and eat with them. But i have oregano essential oil to put a drop at night to kill the parasites that they are feeding on junk.

People take me as a joke will age before their eyes.Because they believe in non human food.
Circulation is king in anti aging.When there is a quality blood circulating in a certain area this area DOESNT AGE!!!Same with balding.If you have circulation you dont bald in your scalp .

Keliu and daler never seem to learn and put chemicals and non human foods inside and out.I care for you thats why i want to protect you from the MARKET that is aging you since it clogs your lymph glands.

Top 10 foods!!!!

Sun
-Pineapple(it has the sun within.Period)
-Olive(it has the sun within)
-Orange juice(it has the sun within)
-Air/oxygen/billions of mnineral frojm the space dust(nothing can beat this !!!!).
-Avocado(good fats and bioavailable not like the dead flesh salmon and meat or egg)
-Figs(anti parasitic)
-Berries(pick hand berries make marketed goji berries to look liike nothing).
-Molasses and honey.Molasses is excellent source of potassium.Dr christopher cured all cancer with potassium.
-Herbs(oregano,echinacea,black walnut tincture,lobelia,mulien,comfrey,cayenne...,OMG THERE ARE SO MANY !!!)
- spring grown fresh picked grass.

There are much more but thats a fair list .

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
daler wrote:
most of the time people here take u as a joke! at least that's what i do, you give me a good laugh, which is good for health.

I think I tend to look at a lot of opinions around here with a great deal of irreverence - but I actually don't find anything funny about Panoslydios' opinions. Mainly because they're not based on anything logical and intelligent. But then, I find quite allot of people's attitude to food quite disturbing! IMO, many people have a very bad relationship with food and seem to see it as the enemy. I often wonder how many people like to cook and actually cook nutritious meals for their family. So much time is spent discussing what you can't eat. Culturally, food is an important part of our lives - often, it is how we interact with our friends and family. By going on crazy diets you divorce yourself from family and friends - or you have to prepare separate meals for yourself and your family. Meals should be a social activity - scoffing down a smoothie with a handful of supplements just doesn't cut it for me!

I now have a little grand-daughter whose just starting to eat solids. My daughter has been giving her all kinds of fruits and vegetables, rice and cereals (no processed baby food) and it's a joy to see her get it all over her face! I really hope she grows up to have an appreciation of all food groups and is also thankful that she's a member of the first world who will always have enough to eat. Panoslydios, you need to travel to countries where life is tough, where it's hard to feed your family - and where any food is considered precious.

2 observations:- dont feed the kid cereals if you care about her teeth.
- most of times you cant cook something nutritious.Because real nutrition means somthing that was recently alive!By cooking it you kill it!!Because by cooking/burning life ,it retuns to the air-exactly where it comes from!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

People take me as a joke will age before their eyes.Because they believe in non human food.
Circulation is king in anti aging.When there is a quality blood circulating in a certain area this area DOESNT AGE!!!Same with balding.If you have circulation you dont bald in your scalp .

Panos I don't know how old you are but since you still live at home and are in school, I assume you are still very young. It is pretty easy to belive you won't age and get wrinkles at that age. Come back in 30 years and tell me how your diet is working out for you. With the way you are eating I would bet that you will be frail and gaunt and have plenty of wrinkles. It is not good to cut out total food groups and you probably don't get enough protein either. Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Cookie - I'd save my breath if I were you. This has been said to Panos before, and his thinking is just well plain old crazy, he's got nothing to back it up with (surprising being that he's studying law) but there you go!

I am just hopeful that the younger people reading his posts will not be brain washed into believing his statements as factually based, as they are nothing but opinion, and albeit very dangerous ones if you ask me.

I'd love to see how he looks now, let alone in 30 years time to see the proof of what he's saying.
CookieD wrote:
Panos I don't know how old you are but since you still live at home and are in school, I assume you are still very young. It is pretty easy to belive you won't age and get wrinkles at that age. Come back in 30 years and tell me how your diet is working out for you. With the way you are eating I would bet that you will be frail and gaunt and have plenty of wrinkles. It is not good to cut out total food groups and you probably don't get enough protein either. Good luck.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Plant eater here - and I am sooooooooo glad I'm vegan! It has made all the difference in the world in the way I look and feel. I never crave meat or dairy products, not even ice cream. Coconut milk rocks! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Plant eater here - and I am sooooooooo glad I'm vegan! It has made all the difference in the world in the way I look and feel. I never crave meat or dairy products, not even ice cream. Coconut milk rocks! LOL

You are from the persons that seek and apply.
I feel the same.
If you want to take it a step further try to uptake the ratio between fruits and vegetables(aka more fruits less vegetables).

I plan to do a 60 days orange juice fasting.
Sometime when my education will be finished at the formal level.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I had a bad summer, stayed vegan but ate all kinds of crap. Now I'm back in my own home, and eating my faves - organic baby greens, avocados, tomatoes, among other things. I just polished off a container of zucchini hummus that I made last night. Was supposed to have my regular morning smoothie but my mouth cried out for hummus. Smile

It's at the end of summer, and I'll start eating more cooked food soon, but I try to stay at least 75% raw. I was pretty much 100% raw, but I started adding in cooked food (vegan soups, casseroles, rice, etc.) when my BMI dipped below 18. I then gained back a few pounds. I'm still skinny, but I feel gooooooood! And I have the same waist size as I did at 16, if I might be allowed a bit of bragging...

You should put greens on your anti-aging list. They are so good for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:33 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Immacolata wrote:

You are from the persons that seek and apply.
I feel the same.
If you want to take it a step further try to uptake the ratio between fruits and vegetables(aka more fruits less vegetables).

I plan to do a 60 days orange juice fasting.
Sometime when my education will be finished at the formal level.

Orange juice fasts are great, easier than simply water fasts, but 60 days? That's a long time for a fast unless you're seriously overweight. Do you mean 60 days straight or intermittently?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:

I envy you! I wish I was at lest a vegetarian but may be one day, part vegetarian, I ll be v happy to eliminate just mammals and birds from my diet or may be that ll just be the start.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, start like this: don't say "I'm going to stop eating meat". Say, "I'm going to eat more vegetables." Then do just that - pick lunch or dinner, and have a big giant salad. Use plenty of leafy greens - put all your favorite veggies in and use a high quality extra virgin olive oil in your dressing, if you use oil. Make it big - you want to be full after eating! Add some nuts too - those really help with staying power, and give you protein and EFAs. If you want, have a chunk of artisan bread with your salad - one without cheese, of course, or some pita or flatbread. Or you could make a big pot of vegan chili or soup, or a casserole - try blog.fatfreevegan.com for some insanely good recipes!

In the morning, start making fruit smoothies for breakfast. If you like those, add a handful of spinach to the blender to get in some extra greens.

If you make it about what you CAN eat instead of what you CAN'T eat, you have a much better chance of transitioning. Don't force it - if you absolutely must have that burger, then have it. But you really should educate yourself as to what goes in it (please, if you must eat meat, eat free range, organic meat). But before long, you'll find that big burger is not what you want - what you want is a big salad with walnuts, red onion and granny smith apples (my dinner tonight!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
The day people will stop aging is the day they eat fresh fruits from the trees and absorb the Sun.
Because we are for the most part a compressed sun energy with spirit inside.

So every diet is going to fail.Cause digestive system is just an elimination system.I really think less is better.

There was an african tribe that the men lived till 250 when in a ceremony they killed themselves to make space for the youngers.They were still looking young.Women from the other hand died at 150 due to nursing and not being prepared for it.
You WONT accept this but ITS TRUE!!!!

http://www.chronicle.su/news/immortality-gene-discovered-in-remote-african-tribe/

iTS RELEVANT.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
When you're born the only thing that is absolutely certain is, that one day you will die.
Ageing is a natural process.

Most, yes it's really hilarious, esoteric texts about 'eternal youth' are really about maintaining (male) virility. New Age has taken a lot of things from old grimoires and the like and taken them literally, or twisted the original meanings to cater for this secularized, youth obsessed world. As I explained before the 'living on light', this is another piece of real wisdom regarding the wisdom of the ancients.

People are born, procreate and die. Everything in nature does. Genes are exchanged and rearranged to form new individuals, and a new generation. In time we all will make place for the new. Deal with it. And eat healthy!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Immacolata, you are right, I just have to start cooking more often n healthier.. and I eat meat almost only when I eat out.. I really have a hard time eating meat ( beef, lamb n like) when I cook it myself as I have seen it in raw/flesh and it so resembles human flesh . However chicken, fish n like dont give me such feeling, poor em! At the moment most of the meat I consume is chicken, I just need to switch it to fish.

Also, i work out alot, gym is 5 to 6 times a week and on top of it walk a lot too so I dont think I can be a true vegetarian but even something in between would work for me, i think.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:18 am      Reply with quote
These foods are all what I like.And I'm very happy that they're good for health.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 am      Reply with quote
surprised that I dont see any mention of almonds, but I think they help skin a lot. Vitamin E, magnesium, etc.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |