Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Fragmented Hyaluronic Acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Thank you light123, v interesting.

This article suggests that HA of 50 kDa is not pro-inflammatory, but its supported by the company Evonik which mfr's HA:

Fifty-kDa Hyaluronic Acid Upregulates Some
Epidermal Genes without Changing TNF- 
Expression in Reconstituted Epidermis

http://personal-care.evonik.com/product/personal-care/en/media-center/downloads/publications/Documents/50_kDa_Hyaluronic_Acid_upregulates_some_eidermal_genes_Skin_Pharmacol_Phyisol_2011.pdf

Ive used 50 weight HA and found it v nice for plumping up lines. Long term? dunno yet.

Hi fawnie, where did you buy your 50 k dalton HA? Thank you
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, from Evonik.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Daler, from Evonik.

Fawnie!! Shock You might have just solved the Sqoom gel dilemma! Very Happy

(By the way, I've looked over your website and your products look lovely! Maybe you can formulate a nice, affordable version of the Sqoom gels for us?)

Edited to add: Evonik requires you to register with a company name, and they probably have a required minimum purchase, so I guess it remains to be seen if we've solved the Sqoom dilemma just yet...

But maybe we can petition Skin Essential Actives and see if they'll carry it for us?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Is this what you bought Fawnie?

http://personal-care.evonik.com/product/personal-care/en/products/product-finder/function/pages/product-details.aspx?pid=31212&csm=1&pfcat=3686&backUrl=http%253a%252f%252fpersonal-care.evonik.com%252fproduct%252fpersonal-care%252fen%252fproducts%252fproduct-finder%252ffunction%252fpages%252fsearch.aspx%253fpfcat%253d3686

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
HyaCare® 50

The Tight Junction strengthening Hyaluronic Acid
HyaCare® 50 is a very low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (50 kDa) made from fermentation-derived hyaluronic acid. It supplies hyaluronic acid into the skin and rejuvenates the skin. HyaCare® 50 fills wrinkles from inside and reduces deep wrinkles as well as crow feet.

http://personal-care.evonik.com/product/personal-care/en/products/product-finder/pages/product-details.aspx?pid=31212&csm=1&pfsearch=Hyacare&pfcmd=text&backUrl=http%253a%252f%252fpersonal-care.evonik.com%252fproduct%252fpersonal-care%252fen%252fproducts%252fproduct-finder%252fpages%252fsearch.aspx%253fpfcmd%253dtext%2526pfsearch%253dHyacare

Editing to add article on this product:

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/Formulation-Science/Evonik-launches-anti-cellulite-active-from-Indian-sandalwood

http://docs.noodls.com/viewDoc.asp?filename=30931/EXT/201004130075007144083115.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Daler, from Evonik.

thank u fawnie.. can I ask what's their minimum purchase requirements( quantity) just in case you know... TIA!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
fawnie wrote:
Daler, from Evonik.

Fawnie!! Shock You might have just solved the Sqoom gel dilemma! Very Happy

(By the way, I've looked over your website and your products look lovely! Maybe you can formulate a nice, affordable version of the Sqoom gels for us?)

Edited to add: Evonik requires you to register with a company name, and they probably have a required minimum purchase, so I guess it remains to be seen if we've solved the Sqoom dilemma just yet...

But maybe we can petition Skin Essential Actives and see if they'll carry it for us?

Fawnie does make very nice products. And I would personally prefer that she make up something or carry it for us rather than have to deal with someone else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Thank you light123, v interesting.

This article suggests that HA of 50 kDa is not pro-inflammatory, but its supported by the company Evonik which mfr's HA:

Fifty-kDa Hyaluronic Acid Upregulates Some
Epidermal Genes without Changing TNF- 
Expression in Reconstituted Epidermis

Ive used 50 weight HA and found it v nice for plumping up lines. Long term? dunno yet.

Hi Fawnie, First I was excited by the results of this article, until read more on the topic i found out that knowing TNF-alpha are not activate is good but definitely not enough when looking at the inflammation cascade. TNF are related to keratinocytes, the skin extracellular matrix degradation is induced by other factors, which are not covered in this study.
No doubt LMW HA works well on plumping the skin, I just would like to be sure i will not deplete the thickness of my skin.

jimmunol(dot)org(backslash)content/177/2/1272.long

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes, its a puzzle what to use really. And its not just one magic bullet it has to be a combination of ingredients and devices and exercise and diet and massage, etc etc to forestall the ravages.

So you would *not* use HA50 KDa, light123? (or any HA for that matter?)

Daler to answer your Q about pricing, this is the most recent quote:

Product Name: Hyacare 50
INCI Name: Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid
Manufacturer: Evonik
Packaging: 0.5kg containers
MOQ: 0.5kg
Pricing: $3,732.04/kg (delivered)
FOB: Hopewell, VA

Bearing in mind only 1% is needed, thats a lot of HA serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Thnx scientist, Im sure I could, but I dont like to use aloe vera which is in the Sqoom gels IIRC.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Thnx scientist, Im sure I could, but I dont like to use aloe vera which is in the Sqoom gels IIRC.

Fawnie, what would you use instead?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Daler to answer your Q about pricing, this is the most recent quote:

Product Name: Hyacare 50
INCI Name: Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid
Manufacturer: Evonik
Packaging: 0.5kg containers
MOQ: 0.5kg
Pricing: $3,732.04/kg (delivered)
FOB: Hopewell, VA

Bearing in mind only 1% is needed, thats a lot of HA serum.

oyeee Shock

that's a lot of $$$ too!

but thank u very much for this info fawnie.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:51 am      Reply with quote
so now that I know this ridiculous price of 50 K dalton HA, I am doubting that study, I think the study was done by the same company, Evonik, right? This HA is way way overpriced.. from lotioncrafters you can get either form of HA ( not 50 k dalton though) for $900 to $1000 per KG! Evonik is selling it for almost $3000 more.. now it cant cost em that much to degrade HA to 50 K dalton, something is fishy here.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, as stated in the study, Evonik funded it.

I still would rather use the 50 KDa one than whatever LC is selling tho. Regardless of the price. *shrug* personal preference: when you DIY *for* yourself you can use whatever pleases you!

Bethany, I have other things I use instead of aloe vera.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Yes, as stated in the study, Evonik funded it.

I still would rather use the 50 KDa one than whatever LC is selling tho. Regardless of the price. *shrug* personal preference: when you DIY *for* yourself you can use whatever pleases you!

Bethany, I have other things I use instead of aloe vera.
but DIYer dont have $3750 to spend on HA!!! lol.. at least not me.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thats the price per kg, daler. MOQ is 0.5kg. Better? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

phew.. now that's doable Wink
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thought so! ROFL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:27 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

I think I'm missing something...isn't that still $1875? 0.5kg = half a kg. Not sure I would ever use that much.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
fawnie wrote:

I think I'm missing something...isn't that still $1875? 0.5kg = half a kg. Not sure I would ever use that much.

u missed the intended pun Smile
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Ebay and one supplier came up selling 50 kDa HA for an absolutely reasonable price, 10g for 18$. Sorry, not allowed to place the link here.

I would like to buy actually HA with MW above 500 kDa, does anybody know where I can get such?

Jus discovered that I am restricted to post often Sad , well, time goes fast Bad Grin
Hope it helps,
Nora

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
light123 wrote:
I tried Ebay and one supplier came up selling 50 kDa HA for an absolutely reasonable price, 10g for 18$. Sorry, not allowed to place the link here.

I would like to buy actually HA with MW above 500 kDa, does anybody know where I can get such?

Jus discovered that I am restricted to post often Sad , well, time goes fast Bad Grin
Hope it helps,
Nora

you can buy it from lotioncrafters ( they sell 3 kinds) so buy the regular one... or skinessentialactives or skinactives or bulkactives
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, thanks, I checked. Skin essentials sell 1,000 kDa HA, others DO NOT provide that info on product page, so hard to guess.
Fascinating, just went through a study showing that if there are fragments of 500 Kda HA around, fibroblasts happily synthesy new HA, if the fragments are shorter, nothing happen Confused

As said, I bought 10 kDa HA from Skin Essentials mainly due to the info there, when I asked for supporting articles or publications, I got a nice response "don't use it if you have any doubts".
So, I have a sealed bottle of this stuff that i don't know what to do with.

Anyhow, now i am searching 500-800 kDA HA,who sells such?

Cheers,
Nora

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Well I have ordered a gadget ultrasound thingy and LW HA. Both items are on their way here and I hope they will be here in time for my 52nd birthday next month.
Hopefully this will do something nice, I'll report back after using it for a while. Fingers crossed it will work!

Hi Lotus, did you try the LMW HA? Do you see any effect?

Would be nice to learn from your experience.
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
So what's the verdict on the LMW-HA? Any *filler faces* out there yet.. Doubt

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |