Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Obagi Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smarkle

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new to this site and have been reading lots of old posts on here about Obagi. I have learned a lot, so thank you.

I do have a question though. I'm on day 5 and although I can see a considerable difference already, my skin is starting to react and I have a lot of peeling. I do the morning regime early, at about 7am, then have been doing the evening regime at about 7pm. I'd really like to put some moisturiser on at bedtime, is that allowed??

Actually tonight I'd like to put Elizabeth Arden 8 hr cream on cos it hurts!

Any advice? Thank you x
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
You are just beginning your Obagi journey. I remember when I did my Nu Derm routine. My face was sore and bright red. I actually had to take some Motrin to get through the first week.
I am no expert in this and can only give you the benefit of my own experience.
The point of the Obagi experience is to peel, peel and peel some more. All the actives in the program will really increase your peeling and the resulting discomfort.
The people who call it" boot camp" aren't too far off as far as how you feel when you are doing it. It's hard!
If your face is so uncomfortable you can't stand it, you can use a little moisturizer, but the discomfort you are feeling is part of the program. The sooner it gets to the discomfort, the sooner it will start peeling and the sooner you will start to see results.
So yes you can use some moisturizer, I think Obagi even makes one to use if you feel you must. But, if you can power through the first few weeks without using moisturizer all the time it does get better and you will see faster improvement in your skin. HTH. For me it was especially bad when I was working out with a new trainer at the gym, as I would be so bright red in the face I looked like I was on maximum oxygen deprivation. in Zumba class, I was the one with the face that looked like I was badly sunburned-- I couldn't even look in the mirror. People you don't know will give you looks of pity and are often more kind to you because your face is so f'd up LOL A full spectrum sunscreen is your best friend in this venture-- as are a hat, sunglasses, and only going after sunset. good luck !
smarkle

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I didn't use the products last night - I washed my face with the cleanser and used the toner and it stung so much I had to wash it off!

It looks a little better this morning so I will carry on today.

My kids start a new school on Thursday and I have to meet all the other mums! They will think I have a hideous disease!!!

Oh well - worth it in the end!

I will try to avoid moisturiser then. Thank you for your help.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:44 am      Reply with quote
smarkle, I am glad it helped.
There were some times when it was actually too painful and I did take a night off from the actives. I think that's what the derms do if you really have a rough time-- just have you leave off the actives for a day or so until it gets bearable.
The hardest part of the whole thing was the actual pain in the first few weeks, and then the looks of pity from others when it was beet red. I think the Obagi folks realized that people could only suffer so much, and that's why they added in a moisturizer. I do think a moisturizer is OK at some times. The goal is to make it through the entire time. You will peel, flake, etc., too. I had a friend who encouraged me to keep going when I wrote to her telling her I wanted to stop, that I couldn't take it anymore. If you keep a diary it will help to go back to phases and see how you made it through. I'd just fess up to the moms if you have the chance== " I hate having to meet people with my face so red, I'm doing a peel. " I told my new trainer, " You know how women are". He has been married for a while so he DID know how we are and he never said anything about it after that. Cool
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
There are actually multiple Nuderm protocols, so I would make sure that you pick the one that works best for you while minimizing the torture.

http://www.truebeauty.com/q6.php

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |