Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Best non filler ways to treat tear trough?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Doing a search is usually a quicker way to get responses as most topics have been discussed before:

On tear troughs:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41350

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49319

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39749

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35044

On dark circles:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29749

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43073

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6037
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Look at her eyelids. The "before" photo doesn't really show her eyelids; they appear to be "hooded" eyelids. The "after" photo shows clear double eyelids. Don't think that can be done by camera trickery, either. This same lady is featured in at least one of the videos on this "facialdetox" person's YouTube channel and she looks great. Obviously we can't all see this particular lady in person, we HAVE to see her via photo or video. Programs that are cons and don't work at all are found out pretty quickly to be cons. I don't think this is a con at all; I think this "facial detox" is very similar to the "friction" that Sanford Bennett talks about in his book and you can see what friction did for him below. These photos were taken in the very early part of the 1900's; long before 'photoshop' or any of that was invented.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sanford Bennett's book, which you can read here:

http://archive.org/stream/oldageitscausea01benngoog#page/n8/mode/2up

is chock-full of photos of Sanford in his 70s. Most of the photos show exercise techniques and many of them show his entire body but he looks the same in all of them. I think it's a huge stretch to imagine that all his photos are touched up and fraudulent. Not to mention, when his book came out, people actually KNEW him personally. He didn't gain a lot of weight at all; in his "after" doctor examination, he only had a 28-inch waist, which is skinny for a man. He simply filled out his neck and face with his massage and exercise and friction. Just like we would like to know how to do today. Very Happy

He had his doctor examine him carefully throughout the process of "getting younger" and saw his doctor regularly. Here are the documents from the Medical Doctor about the changes in Sanford Bennett's skin and health. You can say that those are fraudulent too but those are real documents from a real medical doctor and would count as evidence even in a court of law.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:15 am      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654, I have to agree with you 100%. There is no intended trickery with the photos of the the Facial Detox model, but I suppose folks would rather be told about magic potions w/o any receipts to show evidence of what's being claimed than believe facial exercise results. Because either folks scoff at results being "hardly there" so unimpressive; or when they are impressive--as in this case whereby the shadows are reduced because of a filling in of hollows so the skin sticks out more, which seems to be the quest here, people are finding reason not to believe the results.

The suggestion that the lighting source is different in either pic or that her irises are different colors from one pic to the next couldn't be farther from the truth. Anyone who's encountered experiments of perception and visual illusion knows that the color of a background can affect how an image appears and I suspect that may be why even her skin looks darker in the before pic than in the after--although a healthier or fuller face is bound to look brighter then one that isn't.

To see what I mean about visual illusions, here's sn example of in the image below. The X's look different but believe it or not they are exactly the same color.

Now the explanation about the change in eyelid hooding is due to lighting is a bit of a stretch. Laughing Even if the light source were really from above in the before model image and from straight on in the after, there is no way that would make skin completely shield half an eyelid in the above light source and then that skin be lifted to reveal the eyelid in the straight-on light source. This is not a case whereby the image is darker so we cannot see the lid. It is clearly hooded in one photo. The only thing that could make that difference was if the camera had be held above in the first image so the skin would be in the way of the camera's view of the eyelid and then held straight on so there'd be no skin obstructing view. Or if the lady had a lazy eye and also tilted her head back in one photo and then a wide open eye in the other with head held straight up in the other. But the revelation of the eyelid as seen in the second photo is not possible no matter what you do with the light if there had not been a lift in the skin. Ask anyone who's got hooded eyelids. Gravity does a good job of keeping that skin down like a curtain and it can't just be lifted by light or a fancy pose!

Now about that light source position. If the light were indeed at different locations from one pic to the next, then its reflection in her eyes would be different, which it isn't.

Here's a lady with light source above her:

...notice its reflection above her pupils.

Another lady with light source above:

In the Facial Detox model's photos, her eyes are looking straight ahead as her pupils are more or less centered, and the light reflection appears on either side of the pupils in the same position in both photos meaning the light source has to be in the same position for both photos:

Another clue that the light source didn't change between the photos is the shadow her chin casts on her neck is the same shape in both photos. Any slight difference is due to the slight improvement in her jawline in the after photo with a diminishing of her jowls. If she had had the light in the after photo lower than that in the former photo, then we'd not see the same shape of shadow. In fact we might not have seen any.

Now I know that some of you may still insist that the second photo is brighter so there has to be some trickery or light change or makeup. Now keep in mind that the photos were taken at different times in different places and perhaps with different settings; and also that as happens with body exercise and massage, improved circulation does make one look and feel healthier, so do allow for that to. And then while keeping that open mind, let me show you something.

Now I don't have fancy graphic software so I used plain old Windows Paint for this and you are all welcome to try it for yourselves to see. I cut out different shapes from each image so we'd not confuse which section we were looking at and pasted them beside each other on the different backgrounds, and I want you to notice how different they look. The long rectangle from her forehead looks darker on the left with the white background than it does on the right with the green background. And the same thing with the square from her neck.

So all this talk about photos being taken in a way that is deceiving is really not true. As I've said before, it takes a lot of courage for people to share their photos and I doubt anyone would put themselves up for scrutiny if they had not had changes they were pleased with in their faces and happy to share. And as AngelaE8654 said the model is in a video demonstrating the exercising and she looks even better than in the photos.

You can see her a year ago here being shown the exercises perhaps at the beginning of the program and she looks gaunt and her skin seems thin to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tovDc3eULu4

And six months later, you can see her in this video looking so much better IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8_OHjo7OeE

It is also wrong to assume a fuller face is due to weight gain. I am 10 lbs heavier than my ideal weight but my face is as slim as it was early in 2005 when I was at my ideal weight. Later that year w/o any weight gain, my face did get bigger from face exercises but returned to its usual size (the size it is now) when I changed my regimen and stayed that way even when I was 15 lbs heavier than my ideal weight.

One of the aim of face exercises is to restore the youthfulness in the face as much as possible and a fuller face does look younger than a gaunt one. So it's no wonder you may see fuller faces in the after photos. Perhaps the increased circulation allows for nutrients to be delivered to cells and to nourish them so they are healthier.Massage is believed to stimulate collagen production so I don't know why it's so hard to believe that the face can look fuller.

Anyway, those who want to fill out tear troughs, you've read that some people have found this to work--and I don't know why they'd lie. You've seen images of results people have had where the dark shadows are less after the program. You can either give the program the benefit of the doubt and try it out to see for yourselves, or you can just swallow the words of the naysayers and keep looking or waiting for that magic solution while time continues to hollow out your tear troughs. My suggestion: don't knock it before you try it.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:
Angela E8654, I think the lighting in Sanford Bennett's earlier photo certainly contributes to him looking older - and the moustache hides a lot! I find it odd in the 'after' doctor's report that SB's weight is not mentioned (as it is in the 'before' report) -it is one of the first things a doctor records with changes in the body. I know muscle weighs more than fat but it is still an odd omission. I am not saying SB didn't have improvement from his exercise regime but photos can be used to exaggerate - I guess the proof is in the pudding of trying his exercise regime.

I agree with Idealist totally about lighting and good and bad photos can be taken in one sitting just in changing to/from flash and angle etc. I sometimes take a warts-and-all photo of myself with bad lighting, just to see the worst I can look (and to see which bits that need more attention Very Happy ), especially as out in the real world of shopping, restaurants etc. you cannot control the lighting (Marks & Spencer's is one of the worst for unflattering lighting - and let's not talk about lighting in the changing rooms in most department stores Shock).

Tyger

Tyger there was a day when I was in a discussion where the suggestion was made that angles and lighting sort of help fool the eye or something to that effect. It was suggested that after photos are usually brighter so as to hide flaws (That logic doesn't even make sense, unless we mean the face is completely washed out. When did light hide stuff? I thought it was darkness that did, but whatever!) Anyway, in the middle of the discussion, I grabbed my phone and took impromptu photos of my eyes changing the angle ever so slightly, alternating the no smile and with smile photos. Then in the next post I took photos in low light to see how worse my eyes would look and whether that'd really be a way to fake bad befores as folks claim happens. Laughing There was no way the darker photos looked worse. To me my eyes looked even better in low light and this was after 9 PM after 10 hours at the office so my eyes were not fresh and rested. (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36501&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=104) So this excuse that naysayers want to use to deny results is just crazy to me. I mean, even if Bennett's later photos were darkened to match the former, there's no way he'd look as old in them as he did at 50. But I suppose folks will see whatever they want to see!

Is light also the reason this guy...

ImageImage

...looks younger after two years of face exercises?

ImageImage

I could see myself dating him as he appears in the second image because he doesn't look old enough to be my grandpa as he did before. He looks like he could be just a few years older than me. As I've said before, just like Bennett, in his later photos, he looks like he could be the son of his former self.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
The lady in the pic, in the second one her nose looks different.

Also her forehead looks too smooth with no pores and wrinkles at all?

maybe she had cosmetic surgery and does not want to tell people?
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think the overall health of her skin is much better. Her nose doesn't look "surgery different", it simply looks like the skin is better on the "after" picture. I don't think the photo was retouched but folks will believe what they believe. Best way to find out if the "Facial Detox" works is to try it out for three weeks yourself and see if it does anything for you. I'd recommend getting your own "before" pic and then an "after" pic. We're our own worst critics and we often don't see the differences on ourselves as well as someone else might so the pics will help compare. Three weeks isn't long and it's enough time to give us the information about whether the system works or not. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I meant to thank AngelaE8654 because I agree with her post but accidentally clicked on the post before hers. Neutral My bad.

Ottawa Shopper if face exercises didn't give results that rival cosmetic surgery, then we would not be doing them. This is why they are called an "alternative" to cosmetic surgery.

I was once asked how I managed to change my nose because someone who saw my before/after pics thought my nose when I was 20 is different from now. I had never heard that from anyone else before or noticed it so I was surprised to hear it. If there has been any change at all, then exercise is the reason for it because it is all I do and don't use any skin remodelling products. As for wrinkles disappearing from her forehead, that is something face exercises do: open up and smooth out wrinkles. I used to have deep wrinkles under my eyes when I smiled. I don't have them any more and all I have used for that area is Vaseline and face exercises.

So the changes you see are not unusual in people doing some type of program for toning or building the face.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |