Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
LOVE LOVE Silkia camellia Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MysticGraces
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Iam using the Silkia camellia oil and I love it! My skin is smooth,baby soft and my pores are cleaned and refined...This is a lifetime product for me

I would LOVE to try the Epidermx microdermabrasion with the camellia oil....I wish Goldport Beauty would give trial samples of it...

But I cant say enough about the Camellia oil..if you havent tried it yet,..go for it!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Alot of people seem to be raving about the camelia oil lately but I never seem to be able to find anything on it. Time for more research......
MysticGraces
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Just as not all that glitters is gold, not all camellia oils are the same. Camellia oil is classified into different grades based on its quality and intended use. Silkia camellia oil is uniquely tailored for cosmetic use for your face and around your eyes.

It's produced by advanced technology perfected by two decades of research and development. This technology removed the unpleasant smell and greasy residues of crude/unfiltered camellia oil while keeping its revitalizing power intact.

It’s neither too light, as in the ultra refined camellia oil, nor too greasy, as in the crude/unfiltered kind which is more suited as an ingredient/base oil for other body care products.

Silkia camellia oil has remarkable moisturizing and anti-aging properties. It's proven to be extremely effective in eliminating or significantly reducing fine lines and wrinkles.

It dramatically revives skin resilience, giving your skin a supple and radiant glow unmatched by many other products. Gentle and non-irritating, it's suitable for all skin types, especially dry/sensitive skin.

Why is camellia oil so effective?

Composed mainly of Oleic acid (almost 82%, the highest among all natural oils), camellia oil is the most penetrative of all natural oils, capable of permeating deeply into the lower layers of the skin to greatly enhance the beneficial effects of our natural collagen and elastin.

Oleic acid is known as an excellent transdermal carrier of cell rebuilding nutrients and bioactive compounds into the skin to repair the damage caused by dryness, sun exposure and other factors. The result is restoration of the skin's elasticity, significant improvement in skin texture as well as elimination or remarkable reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.

Camellia oil provides our skin with the necessary essential fatty substances which are critical in the retention and enhancement of skin moisture.

A lack of these fatty substances will impair the skin's ability to retain moisture. These substances in human skin decline as we age and this is a key factor in drier skin as we mature.

The composition of camellia oil is very similar to that of the fatty acids of human skin. As a result, it can be easily and effectively absorbed into the skin to work in synergy with the skin's own natural system to replenish skin lipids and accelerate skin rejuvenation. In a nutshell, camellia oil restores and revitalizes our skin from the ground up, inside out.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
WOW! MysticGraces, is your middle name, 'Camellia Oil"?! That's great info....where do you get yours? I'm really intrigued - it sounds fantastic!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
thnx a lot for the info,MG.Could you also say when and how do you apply it?do u use it under a moisturizer?
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
What is the difference between the Silka Camilla oil and the Camilla seed oil that Epidermx sells. Does anyone know?
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a few Camellia oils, Silkia and Epiderm included in that list of course since I sell it and my fave is Epiderm's due to the oil being thinner in texture it sinks in alot quicker! Also Epiderms shelf life is approx 3 yrs vs 3-6 mos like the others including Silkia. Not to say Silkia isn't good as it is and that is why I sold it prior due to customer demand but Epiderm is a grade up. Wink

I use Epiderms at night and if I am tired or lazy I don't use any other eyecreams or serums and it is great by itself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
WOW! MysticGraces, is your middle name, 'Camellia Oil"?! That's great info....where do you get yours? I'm really intrigued - it sounds fantastic!!
Pudoodles Very Happy

Pudoodles it is a lovely oil. I will tell you more about later....off and running. Laughing
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Let me add to MG - if you email me I sell samples of Epidermx if you want it. Please check it out at my website which is listed in my profile and my email is on the site.

Silkia is cosmetic grade, where Epiderm is 100% therapeutic and the only one so far in US.

sats - Camellia oil can be used any/everywhere! Body, hair, face, eyes, extremely gentle! Some do breakout from the cosmetic grade but not the majority. If you are prone to acne I would suggest Epiderm's over Silkia grade.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking of ordering the microdermabrasion from you and getting some samples of your mineral cosmetics...
alliesd
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
"Cosmetic grade" camellia oil simly means it's specified for skin care and not for cooking or other uses. "Cosmetic grade" camellia oil IS NOT THE SAME as cosmetic grade ESSENTIAL OIL. Camellia oil is a carrier oil, not an essential oil. Cosmetic grade essential oils are not true or pure essential oils and have minimal therapeutic properties.

Do people talk about other carrier oils like jojoba, emu and rosehip oils in terms of "Cosmetic grade" and "Therapeutic grade"?
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Camellia oil is classifed into a couple of grades based on its uses:

1. industrial grade - for keeping utensils sharp and shiny, etc
2. cooking grade - for cooking, just like olive oil
3. medical or therapeutic grade - used as an injection carrier or as an ingredient in herbal medicines. So far this application is very limited.
3. cosmetic grade - for skin and hair care

So a "cosmetic grade" camellia oil just means it's tailored for skin and hair care as opposed to other applications. In no way does it mean it is a lower grade camellia oil.

On the other hand, "cosmetic grade" Essential Oils are a different story. They are Perfume Oils or Fragrant Oils which are adulterated with added ingredients or synthetic. These oils have minimal active ingredients and do not have the therapeutic properties of natural, pure Essential Oils. They may indeed contain only 3-5% active ingredients. But a carrier oil like camellia oil has 100% of the active ingredients, unless they are specified as camellia oil blends, i.e. mixed with other oils.
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Typical! I place an order for Silkia camellia oil, only to see a post that states Epiderm's camellia oil is superior - 100% therapeutic and longer shelf life! Oh well, that's life Laughing
But did go back and have a look at the Silkia product info. which claims a shelf life of 1.5 yrs - Blow softened! And i have to bear in mind all the positive reviews of Silkia!
Deja vu - Just after ordering my Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5, convinced it was looking like a good contender for being an integral part of a 'winning regime' (in my dreams!), i catch sight of a copper peptide thread and the really good feedback AAAAHHHH
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
"The Silkia Camellia Oil has a shelf life of 18 mos." per the distributor I get mine from. I personally got in touch with her because I did not want to use a product that went beyond expiration date. Lovely product!
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Silkia camellia oil has a shelf life of 18 months, not 3-6 months. Most camellia oils nowadays have a shelf life of at least a year.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
hey Winnie,

from what I know of the Silkia, from my distributor out it, is does not last 18 mos. I was told 3-6 mos, if someone is telling you 18 either they are not telling you the truth (due to Epiderm's coming out) or they don't know. I don't mean to be rude but I find it interesting the 18 mo claim now that Epiderm's came out (I mean it would obviously hurt Silkia so I understand but...) and I sold and can still sell Silkia so not knocking it, just have questions for the person selling it.

With all that said I would not throw Silkia out after 6mos, just because it has a recommended shelf life doesn't mean it won't go longer, just like food. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
As I just thought about it, it could be that Silkia can go 18 mos but the recommend is up to 6 mos. I was informed by Epiderm corporate that their oil can go out to 5 yrs,but, the safe claim is 3 yrs. I hope that clarifies a bit.

Shivvie - I am sure it will be fine and Silkia is a great oil. Out of the few I tried it was my second favorite in texture.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
18 months for Silkia is a conservative claim. It has always been the case. It can actually go out to over 2 years. Check other camellia oil companies and ask if their oil last only 3-6 months. It's extremely rare you'll find a camellia oil that lasts this short.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about the camellia oil and it sounds like we haven't completely come to a consensus about which is better Goldport or Epidermx. Unless I missed it which would be entirely possible tonight.

Okay the big question for me is whether the camellia oil is better than the Rosa Rubiginosa Oil from Rosa y Fruta. I have been using what was the Ambrosia Deluxe, changed names a few times, but anyway I really like how my skin looks after using it. It has been discontinued due to Liz's allergy to the Sea Buckthorn Berry in it and so I have been planning to order the Ambrosia and the Rosa Rubiginosa Oil. Does anyone have a clue at all how these oils stand up against each other? I know that both are supposed to have antioxidents and all sorts of good stuff, but I probably don't need both of them at the same time. Maybe I'll go with the the Rosa Rubiginosa Oil since I want to order the Ambrosia anyway and maybe try the camillia oil later. Unless someone can give me advice. Anyone?
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Golport is a website not an oil. It is Silkia or Epiderm's Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I've saved the Goldport website in my evergrowing skincare links file Smile Like Sassyred, I'm curious as to who's oil it is.

This may sound like a silly question (I'm learning a lot here but still have a long way to go) but where does the camellia oil fit into the skincare routine? When do you apply it? (morning or night). etc.

Stephanie
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I am so excited, I just received my order of Epidermix microdermabrasion and Silkia Camellia Oil from Goldport. I have been hearing everyone talk about these 2 items and had to order them. I can't wait to use them!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:47 am      Reply with quote
steph- I apply Camellia oil at night and many nites I don't need to use another thing! Epiderm's sinks the fastest of them all and I am not just saying it because I sell it, but I have tried a few oils on the market.

So, if, you have super dry skin you could put a drop on each cheek during the day and then put another SPF moisturizer or such on top. Wink I have used during the day, but just a tad on dry cheeks only.

MystyPines - Hope you love everything! Using the oil after a treatment, you will love your face, but you can use the oil nightly and you don't even need an eyecream if you don't want to use one. Enjoy! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Sassyred wrote:
Golport is a website not an oil. It is Silkia or Epiderm's Wink

Okay, I'm confused. I know that Goldport is a website not an oil, but Goldport and Epidermx appear to offer the same camillia oil. When I went to Epidermx.com and clicked on products, they referred to their camellia oil as Silkia camellia oil under the after microdermabrasion section and on the order page, and Goldport also says Silkia camellia oil. I know next to nothing about camellia oil at this point only what I have read on this thread and obviously I'm missing something. Confused
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Stephanie

I use it sometimes day and sometimes night and sometimes both. During the day I pat a couple of drops into my face on top of everything else (currently a combo of copper peptides/relaxaline/Strivectin on various bits) and it really soaks in well and finishes things off nicely.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |