Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LOVE LOVE Silkia camellia Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
hi marella - Goldport offers Silkia and Epiderm offers Epiderm, NOW, the confusion can be that all of us Distributors of Epiderm products can sell BOTH, Silkia & Epiderm Camellia oil, but they are both entirely different companies and not the same exact oil.

OK! I seeee the confusion!! when I typed in Epidermx.com it takes you to one of the distributors site, it is the one Danielle here, always refers too, ANYWAY....that *distributor* (the website then changes to a different URL) is selling Silkia BUT it is NOT an Epiderm product (not to be confused with Epidermx, which is actually the microdermabrasion product, Epiderm is the company).

I hope this helps to clear up confusion, it has for me! LOL

I need to alert Corp about this issue, glad you pointed it out to me,thank you! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Well apparently corp knows about this domain name switch thing, and it is not legal so I hope this hasn't confused toooo many! it makes it difficult for those of us in business who are ethical.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
steph- I apply Camellia oil at night and many nites I don't need to use another thing! Epiderm's sinks the fastest of them all and I am not just saying it because I sell it, but I have tried a few oils on the market.

So, if, you have super dry skin you could put a drop on each cheek during the day and then put another SPF moisturizer or such on top. I have used during the day, but just a tad on dry cheeks only.

Sassyred, thanks for input on this. I'm currently already using Epidermx and know it's a great product, so I'm sure if I add camelia oil into my routine I want to go with one that is a compliment to it. While I don't have dry skin (it used to be normal with an oily T-zone, but the C has made it moreless normal), I'm still hoping it would be a good product for me at night.

Quote:
Stephanie

I use it sometimes day and sometimes night and sometimes both. During the day I pat a couple of drops into my face on top of everything else (currently a combo of copper peptides/relaxaline/Strivectin on various bits) and it really soaks in well and finishes things off nicely.

Molly, I was wondering it if would be OK to use this on top of other products. Since you and I are using some similar products, I feel better knowing it's working for you.

Stephanie
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred

Thanks. Your explanation um mostly makes sense. Laughing I kept wondering if I was at the wrong website or else missing something entirely. Sounds like some of both. Thanks again.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I just got an email from Goldport on Silkia and apparently the shelf life is 1.5 yrs but I was told 3-6 from a source?(not sure who now?) So I apologize for the confusion on the shelf life. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was about to re-order and was tempted by this thread to switch to Epiderm's Camellia seed oil.

I got this very detailed and interesting reply. I'm convinced I'm sticking with Silkia. I only have one doubt. I live in China. Nothing here can claim to be organic. What with air pollution and the density of the farming population all using extremely heavy-duty pesticides I can't see anything escaping.

Their email to me............

There is no difference in effectiveness between Silkia camellia oil and Epiderm's camellia oil.

Please read below for explanations:

Epiderm Inc made a totally misleading description about their camellia oil. They lump camellia oil and essential oils together. Camellia oil is not an Essential Oil. To make a distinction between "cosmetic grade" and "therapeutic grade" essential oils in a product decription about a Carrier Oil, i.e. camellia oil, is totally misleading. Their claim that "cosmetic grade" camellia oil contains only 3-5% active ingredients is totally FALSE.

Camellia oil is classifed into a couple of grades based on its uses:

1. industrial grade - for keeping utensils sharp and shiny, etc
2. cooking grade - for cooking, just like olive oil
3. medical or therapeutic grade - used as an injection carrier ! or as an ingredient in herbal medicines. So far this application is very limited.
3. cosmetic grade - for skin and hair care

So when we say that a camellia oil is "cosmetic grade", it just means it's tailored for skin and hair care as opposed to other applications. IN NO WAY does it mean it is an inferior camellia oil.

On the other hand, "cosmetic grade" Essential Oils are a different story. They are Perfume Oils or Fragrant Oils which are adulterated with added ingredients or synthetic. These oils have minimal active ingredients and do not have the therapeutic properties of natural, pure Essential Oils. They may indeed contain only 3-5% active ingredients, as Epiderm claims. But a carrier oil like camellia oil has 100% of the active ingredients, unless they are specified as camellia oil blends - mixed with other oils. Silkia camellia oil has 100% active ingredients (100% pure) - the act! ive ingredients being the fatty acids.

When you search around for camellia oil on the Internet, many companies nowadays sell "cosmetic grade" camellia oil. Many used to sell non-cosmetic grade which is more greasy, have an odour and brownish in color. This is because they realize that the "cosmetic grade", due to the fact it's less greasy and no smell, is more pleasant for skin and hair care use. But of course, there's still a difference between various "cosmetic grade" camellia oils. Some are ultra refined (so some of the nutrients may be compromised) and so not very effective. Some are less refined, may still contain some impurities/residues that can cause allergic reactions. One big difference is in terms of the texture/consistency of the oil. Some camellia oils a bit more sticky.

Epiderm call their camellia oil "therapeutic grade" and it's basically a tactic to justify a much higer price.

They say that their oil i! s "organic". Silkia camellia oil is also "organic" and cold pressed. In fact, camellia oils are organic by nature since camellia trees grow wild in the mountains. Of course some manufacturers may still use some fertilizers, but Silkia camellia oil is 100% organic.

Another thing is camellia oil is very stable, unlike other products like Vitamin C serum and Essential Oils that need to be packaged in a blue or amber bottle. Camellia oil is mainly composed of fatty acids (Oleic acid being the main one) and these acids are very stable. Just like the cooking olive oil which is often packaged in clear bottles.

Also, Silkia camellia oil has a shelf life of 18 months and can go out to 2 years if properly stored.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
oops!

I meant to say - I emailed Goldport and asked them why they didn't sell Epiderm's oil and this is their reply
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
The last thing I want to do is get into a Pi##ing match about oils or anything quite frankly, I am not about greed or dishonesty and *IF* I find out things aren't on the UP & UP I won't sell it as I am a distributor NOT corporate(and Bonnie sells Epiderm products as well! and I sell Silkia)sooooo IF you have ANY questions please call Marilyn at Epiderm Corporate, Mon-Fri at 1-800-507-4005 and ask her questions as she is very helpful and knowledgable. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
ooops since I can't edit the last post, there is ONE big difference that I notice in the consistancy of the oils and how fast one sinks in vs the other, again I sell both, but this has been observed by my customers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry. I didn't realise this would be taken so personally.

I was just reading about the different camellia's on websites and they all seemed it imply that there were extra benefits for the skin from buying this higher therapeutic grade.

I have to shop around and investigate. I don't have that much cash. If there are no extra benefits to the skin then there's no point me switching because the texture of Silkia suits me.

Just thought others might like the info too.

Not personal, honestly.Sad
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
hi Molly!

I didn't mean this towards you dear {hugs} I just hate stuff like this and it goes on ALL the time with skincare products! EVERYone thinks their line is the BEST and ya know what I use and test tons of lines (should have stuck to strictly reviewing products not selling them, LOL!)

I am just not about things like this, hers is better, mine is better etc...Silkia is good, it is a good price, but it does break out some and that is the truth and Epiderm sinks in quicker but yes it is more, but I prefer it due to the texture and sinking factor, just personal preference. If Silkia works for you and others than by ALL means stick with it! I sincerely doubt to the general public (mean not acne prone people) that anyone could tell long term difference on skin. Wink

Ok, are we done now? LOL {hugs Molly!}

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I'm intrigued by all this talk on silkia camellia oil so I decided to go to epidermx.com and buy it.... only to discover they only ship to us, canada and europe. I'm currently in Asia at the moment... can anybody recommend me a site that offers international shipping??
alliesd
5% products discount

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
ww.goldportbeauty.com ships international.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I ship all over Very Happy You can PM me or contact me thru my sitewww.beautifulnewskin.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Sorry as I can't edit I need to post again...

I don't believe Goldport sells Epiderm's oil just Silkia. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:35 am      Reply with quote
ok ok i just made my purchase for silkia's camellia oil.. will update everyone on how it goes!!!!! i'm praying it'll erase my fine lines.. (praying ever sooooo harddddddd) Very Happy
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of purchasing the Silkia Camellia oil.

Anyone here still loving this product?
alliesd
5% products discount

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I am.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I just received my Silkia camellia oil from Goldport a few days ago. I like the consistency, and it does absord into my skin fairly quickly.

How does camellia oil compare with the features and benefits of emu oil?
Daisy4u2260

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Does the silkia make you break out?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia oil is just another in a long list of emollients for skin. Others are shea butter, grape seed oil, coco butter/oil, emu oil;etc etc there're all the same. They do benefit skin in making skin more supple BUT I'm still of the opinion that if you have OILY skin, you should NOT apply oils of any kind to your face.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Daisy4u2260 wrote:
Quote:
Does the silkia make you break out?

I've used the silkia twice daily for only four days, and have not had any breakouts. My skin, however, does have a tendency to be on the dry side, especially when I use retinol. It's just been four days, but my skin appears to like it!
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Silkia C Oil for removing my mascara. It takes a couple of applications to remove all my eye makeup but leaves my lashes conditioned and the surrounding skin smooth. I follow with my regular eye cream after using it.

A neat trick from Allure this month was to use one of the little GumPro brushes (a toothpick thingie with a tiny brush) as a mascara applicator for my bottom lashes. I actually 'found' tiny lashes that I didn't know I had.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |