Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kate Middleton's Favorite Moisturizer Put to the Test
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:30 am      Reply with quote
"As a beauty writer I am acutely aware that much pseudo-science is spouted by manufacturers in a bid to tempt the public to buy their latest wonder cream. And once, this was largely marketing guff.

All moisturisers are essentially an emulsion of oil and water. The way to works is simple: putting it on the skin traps moisture to the surface, and stops the uppermost layers from becoming dry. But can using one really stop the ageing process - or even make us look younger?

Today, the answer is yes. Anti-ageing products available on the High Street are increasingly high-tech, created using techniques borrowed from advanced medical research. And they actually work - as I discovered when I put one famous Royal’s favourite face cream to the test.

For a month, I used The Duchess of Cambridge’s moisturiser of choice - from Karin Herzog range - which you can pick up in most department stores at around £50 for a 50ml pot. And scientists analysing my skin told me there was irrefutable evidence that my wrinkles had been reduced by 27 per cent. So how is this possible?

Experts call this ‘the age of the cosmeceutical’. That’s a term coined to cover high-tech skincare that falls into the gap between cosmetics, which by law should make only a very temporary change to the skin, and pharmaceutical products, which can be provided only with a doctor’s prescription, and bring about lasting changes."

Read rest here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2180258/Karin-Herzog-Kate-Middletons-favourite-moisturiser-test.html
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Karin Herzog Vit A Kombi->The power of BHA, retinol and vaseline. Of course it works, it's like great-grandmother of anti-aging stuff, so much more effective stuff available now, for less. I was quite dissapointed with that line.

Btw, I love this comment from that article:
"I just knew there would be the usual cries of "I've used Astral/Nivea/Vaseline/beef dripping all my life and now at the age of 416 I don't have a single wrinkle on my face"... and I wasn't disappointed! Where are all these supposedly wrinkle-free OAPs, because I've never seen one!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:

Btw, I love this comment from that article:
"I just knew there would be the usual cries of "I've used Astral/Nivea/Vaseline/beef dripping all my life and now at the age of 416 I don't have a single wrinkle on my face"... and I wasn't disappointed! Where are all these supposedly wrinkle-free OAPs, because I've never seen one!"

This is priceless. Too funny!
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
There seems to be a few Vita-A-Kombi products, 1, 2 & 3, Fruit Acids with AHA and a face oil. Does anyone know specifically which product she likes? The description of the product on one of the selling websites says the product works by pressing oxygen into the skin when it is converted from liquid to gas. There are other brands using the "oxygen" technology or process. I think Bliss was the first to come out with a product but Kate Somerville has one and so does Suzanne Somers in her Suzanne Organics line sold on ShopNBC. So is there anything else in the Karen Herzog product that makes it extraordinary? Is anyone else using this brand and if so, can you recommend where to buy it from. And let us know what results you saw? Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest reading the KH thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480&highlight=herzog

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
This might sound stupid, but how does the oxygen stay in the product and stay in the jar?

I thought oxygen had to be in some kind of pressurized container to keep it from evaporating?

I will look at the KH thread.

Interesting her creams contain parafin/mineral oil and the hydrogen peroxide provides the oxygen...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've used KH off and on for several years. The eye cream is my favorite of all time. I also love VK2. I've tried many lines and KH is tops in my book.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the whole set of KH products and used them for awhile. I never saw any difference in my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I bought the whole set of KH products and used them for awhile. I never saw any difference in my skin.

Ditto.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I fell for the KH line too. Hook line and sinker. Hated it and it didnt do a thing for me. But goes to show how we are all different! Some love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:13 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I fell for the KH line too. Hook line and sinker. Hated it and it didnt do a thing for me. But goes to show how we are all different! Some love it.

fawnie,

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you use the product?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
It is so true - how one thing is someone's ideal and someone else hates it. I will probably buy VK2 and the eyecream again at some point. I love to switch up such things and I've always been happy with KH products. I've probably bought both of them 3 times in the last whatever years.
One thing I will say is - you have to find the *right* product in the whole line - otherwise it certainly won't do a thing. I doubt the apricot oil or many other Herzog items would've done a darn for me - probably wouldn've hated them.

I loved the cleansing product also but I can buy cleansers cheaper so didn't reorder.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |