Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
IPL for spider veins.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi ya'll,

I was wondering if anyone on here can report that they've had their spider veins removed successfully with BBL (broadband light treatment)?

I've had IPL and BBL treatments multiple times to some pretty small spider veins on my legs and they are still there!
Am I just an idiot to keep going back hoping they will be gone this time? I've probably had 4-6 treatments on these little spider veins and I can't see a whole lot of difference.

Anyone who can say they totally got rid of theirs with this? I have some on my chest too that I'd like to get rid of but haven't tried it there yet.
Thanks everyone!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I have had many IPL's on the face for spider veins and a Yag laser for larger ones.
The ONLY laser that I could actually see the veins disappearing during use and worked was the Cutera EXCEL Laser. This was an amazing laser and it actually did the job. The pain level was INTENSE I should warn you and recovery was 5 days of swelling and 7-9 days of the bruises completely fading but it was all worth it.
I went back and had a touch up area done a few weeks later for a really tough bunch of tiny spider veins and it took care of it.
But it does make me swell up like a puffer fish!
The IPls helped my rosacea stay calmer but never really got rid of the veins.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Is laser the only way to get rid of spider veins?

Does anyone know any good preventative measures one may take against the appearance of new spider veins?

Thank you!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Some people say that taking Vitamin K helps. I have not tried that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't think any topical or orally taken supplement is going to get rid of spider veins. They have to be lasered to disperse the blood. They can reappear, especially the ones at the base of the nose. However, like Annie, I've had multiple IPLs and my face is now relatively clear - it used to look like a road map.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have to go for a touch-up yearly, usually a spot treatment. If I am too aggressive with my face they will reappear.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you AnnieR, you're very helpful!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have to go for a touch-up yearly, usually a spot treatment. If I am too aggressive with my face they will reappear.

By being aggressive you mean overexfoliating?

I understand that nothing but laser can remove spider veins, but is there anything that can prevent new ones from appearing? I only heard about avoiding hot baths/showers.

I have tried Vitamin K topically and orally but new spider veins keep appearing all over my body! Very upsetting Sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, if I scrub/rub too hard or use anything too abrasive they come back. I am very careful since I am aware of it but it never fails.
Also, Retin-A is not good for them either. My dermatologist says it can cause them as well. Actually, several of them have said it. Something to do with thinning the skin if I remember right. Its been about 10 years since I had heard that, when they first started showing up. I forget and spot treat from time to time and lo and behold, a few will pop up.
Sun damage also causes them. My derm won't use the EXCEL Laser on the hubby for his facial rosacea/veins because she says being an avid golfer, he will just go out and not use enough sunscreen and they will pop right back up!
I went to the beach for Labor Day and few have already popped back up on my cheek.
They are an ongoing battle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Retin A for years on my face and my face does not have spider veins ( only around my nose), but I do have a lot of new spider veins appearing on my legs, arms and back where I never use neither Retin A nor scrubs nor acids.

Dr T recommends thickening the skin. Thick skin apparently does not show neither veins no cellulite.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Using the Tripollar Stop has bought out a big vein underneath my eye. Apparently RF can do this when used on thin skin.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't have the spider veins anywhere else on my body or my nose. But maybe the reason the retin-a was harsher on my skin was bc of my rosacea. A lot of that is teeny-tiny little veins that made it look worse.
Now the hubby had veins on his nose and he had to have them zapped with the Yag. They came back a year later.
My last esthetician that did the EXCEL Laser said that heredity, climate, sun damage and smoking can all play their part in making them worse as well. I am not a smoker and never have been but I do battle them and it is ongoing.
I tried the cream by Strivectin and it did nada. I have tried mustard oil rubbed in as well.
So far nothing has helped me but the zapping!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |