Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Paula's Choice C15
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Has any of you have ordered and tryied the new Paula's Choise resist C15 ? If not do you have any opinion on it ?

I'm thinking about trying it. However, I'm so happy with the Vivier CE Petides that I don't really want to switch. But the Paula's Choice C15 is three times cheaper...

Actually, I'm not sure about what works so well on my skin because I have also been using a new anti-aging cream at the same time I started on the Vivier Serum CE Petides.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a review of this product on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaKI15KTTes
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link. I kind of wonder why no one seems to be exicted about the Paula's Choice new serum. It seems to be the same stuff as some other more expensive well liked product ?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I saw some other people discussing this serum on YouTube.

It seems like a very new product.

Perhaps wait a few weeks for more people to chime in with their opinions about this product.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I just tried the Vivier C E Peptides last night and I am surprised how much I love it. It smells devine! When I tried it on my hand, it felt oily but my face sucked it right in.

Drat....If only it cheaper...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
I just tried the Vivier C E Peptides last night and I am surprised how much I love it. It smells devine! When I tried it on my hand, it felt oily but my face sucked it right in.

Drat....If only it cheaper...

The Paula's Choice serum seems reasonably priced; it costs $45 for 2/3 of an ounce.

The SkinCeuticals serum, on the other hand, costs over $130--though I think the size is a little bigger.
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have C15, and I quite like it.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Natefan, is it the first time that you try a C serum ? If, not how does compare to what you tried before. I'm just about to order.

Yes C15 is 1/3 of the price of the Vivier CE peptide and if I were to like the C15 that would be awesome saving !

I will let you know how I find it compare to the Vivier, once I try the C15.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the Vivier CE Peptide ingredients : Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Water/Eau, L-Ascorbic Acid USP, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 60, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, Tocopheryl, Fragrance/Parfum, Hydrolyzed Casein & Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein & Lysine HCl.

Here are Paula's Choice C-15 resist Ingredients :

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
Natefan, is it the first time that you try a C serum ? If, not how does compare to what you tried before. I'm just about to order.

Yes C15 is 1/3 of the price of the Vivier CE peptide and if I were to like the C15 that would be awesome saving !

I will let you know how I find it compare to the Vivier, once I try the C15.

Hi there. I haven't used a c-serum in a long, long time. Tried FutureDerm's C+Caffeic Serum (8% Tetra and 8% LAA) and it was nice, but it's way expensive. 89 bucks!

Paula's is nice. I'm quite a fan of her products so I usually stick to what she has to offer. I like C15 and have noticed that within a few weeks my skin has gotten brighter. I do think it's worth a shot. It has a pH of 3 and has not irritated my skin at all (and I use it day at night)!
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals cef and pcf did a better job than paula's c15 for me
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out how to add a Vitamic C serum into my simple daily routine of SkinBiology Skin Signals copper peptide in AM and LacSal exfoliant in the PM.

I tried a vitamin C serum a couple of years ago but it gave me blackheads so I am hesitant to try again cuz I don't want to waste money.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to add a Vitamic C serum into my simple daily routine of SkinBiology Skin Signals copper peptide in AM and LacSal exfoliant in the PM.

I tried a vitamin C serum a couple of years ago but it gave me blackheads so I am hesitant to try again cuz I don't want to waste money.

Which vitamin C serum did you try?

Also, I once read that vitamin C & peptides don't mix well. I'm wondering how true that is.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Got the resist C-15 today. I'm going to put a side the Vivier CE Petides and see if this one works as good as the Vivier one.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:25 am      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
Got the resist C-15 today. I'm going to put a side the Vivier CE Petides and see if this one works as good as the Vivier one.

Let us know how it goes.

Also, have you tried Skinceutical's CE Ferulic?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
No I haven't tried the Skinceutical serum. After 2 days of resist C-15 I got some (3) pimples, but that might only be coincidencial. I will see if this is better within a week.

If it does get better within a week I Will know it is not a coincidence Smile

I will let you know about the short term results and if it ok I will kept using the resist C-15 for a 8 weeks to see how it works on a long basis.

I will have to be patiente because I also want to try a retinol serum and won't start until I know how the resist C-15 serum works.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Here's another video about Paula's C15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKOvcV6nnM
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
After 7 days of using Resist C-15 my skin does not seem to be missing the Vivier CE peptides serum and I liked the way Vivier serum made my skin fell and look. I mean that my skin looks the same as with the Vivier serum beside the fact that I fell I need a little bit more moisture with the C-15 than with Vivier.

About the few pimples I got, within 2 days of using the C-15 serum, they are going a way and I have not gotten others. So, it was not cause by the C-15.

There for I will kept using the C-15 unless I notice my skin looses the glow I got when I used the Vivier Serum.

By the way thanks for the last review posted about the C-15 serum it was interesting.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle99,

You're most welcome Smile
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
As I said I felt My skin needed a bit more moisture with the resist C-15 than with the Vivier serum.

3 days ago I started to use Vivier again one day out of two. Because, my skin realy looked like it missed the extra moisture I get in the Vivier. I mean my skin kind of lost a bit of its plumping, Not much but a little.

As soon as I used Vivier two times I could see the plumping back in my skin.

That being said I don't mean I will not repurchase Resit C-15 but I will use it in alternance with the Vivier CE Petide. This way my cost will be a little lower for the C vit Smile
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
As I said I felt My skin needed a bit more moisture with the resist C-15 than with the Vivier serum.

3 days ago I started to use Vivier again one day out of two. Because, my skin realy looked like it missed the extra moisture I get in the Vivier. I mean my skin kind of lost a bit of its plumping, Not much but a little.

As soon as I used Vivier two times I could see the plumping back in my skin.

That being said I don't mean I will not repurchase Resit C-15 but I will use it in alternance with the Vivier CE Petide. This way my cost will be a little lower for the C vit Smile

Have you ever tried Skinceuticals' CE Ferulic?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
No, I haven't try Skinceutical.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:59 am      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
No, I haven't try Skinceutical.

What made you choose Vivier over its competitors?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well I was not going to spend so much on a serum in the first place. But, I got a delux sample ( was enough product for 3 weeks) after that I was hooked on it. I felt my skin had improved, more radiant, look a bit more plumped and felt soft. So I did not even considered Skinceutical...

I have to mentionne that Vivier goes a long way, with 5 drops, I do my face and my neck, as with resist C-15 I need 7 drops. Still Vivier is much more expensive than C-15 Sad But having the feeling it goes a long way kind of make it a little less painfull when I buy it.

The only complainte is be carefull not to drop de bottle ! That would be very painfull Wink

I put the dropper back in the bottle gently and wait until the serum is applied before screewing it back. Because, I want to have both hands to do so. At first I was screewing the dropper back with one hand and I had the product sitting in the palm of my other hand, until I almost drop the bottle doing so...

By the way right now on Eds you get a free Skin tx retinol when you by the vivier CE Petides.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |