Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Washing your face only once a day
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Well the retinoids will have penetrated the skin by morning, but it depends what you are using moisturiser wise.
Salome_B wrote:
but what if you are wearing retinoids and moisturiser from the previous night? will there not be clog up?
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
erm regarding men that is what i read off the net but their skin is thicker. what to do if you have hormonal imbalance? not me of course..
but another lady said she washed with h20 and her skin looked better in another forum but well that is her

TheresaMary wrote:
No but men are different hormone wise, that’s why to a certain point they age better than us women, becaue they don’t get the MP etc and imbalances that we get. I think that also them shaving too is like an exfoliation, but the hormones etc are what ages us most I think and when they are imbalanced its like you can become 10 years older overnight if you ask me.
Salome_B wrote:
sab wrote:
Don't think it's nothing wrong if not using any cleanser in the morning but just a splash of water and wipe with water. I think it's pretty much depends on the weather and environment. Smile

lots of men do that and they have better skin.. read a lady from another forum did that and she said her skin looked better

but what if you are wearing retinoids and moisturiser from the previous night? will there not be clog up?
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I wash my face with cleaning foam at night, and without cleaning foam in the morning
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Marie Veronique says that most people only need to wash with tepid water in the morning (see item 3 on this link)
http://www.mvorganics.com/blogs/mvo/5914245-new-years-resolution-go-natural-and-beautify-your-skin

I've gone to a couple of workshops where she spoke and had a consultation with her and she told me not to wash my face in the morning, just splash it with water. She also says that it is best to use an oil at night to cleanse with, any oil you have around.

I've actually tried a couple of her cleansers but I did not like either one.

I do usually use a cleanser still, although sometimes I do just splash water on my face. I also read somewhere recently that you should just cleanse with a thermal water spray (like Avene or La Roche Posay). I'm thinking of trying it.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I wash my face at night just after gym and shower.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I wash mine at night and just use a wash cloth with water in the morning. I do use Paula's Choice toner after.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm dry skin too.I won't use cleanser everyday,And I only use cream cleanser.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Has anyone tried washing their face only once a day? My skin is sooo dry and sensitive and I wonder if it might help to decrease the amount of washing.

have you tried washing your skin at night and after that applying a couple of drop of argan oil on your face as one of its benefits is to mosturize and soften the skin.
Try it for a few days...

regards

Mark
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Salome don't believe everything you read on the internet LOL. Yes their skin is thicker because of their hormones and that's one of the reasons why they seem to age better than us women. If you think of menopause and what that does to the hormones and estrogen etc you can see that hormones play a vital role in how we age.

H2O being water right? Well sure washing with water it sure is a good idea to use when you cleanse your skin.
Salome_B wrote:
erm regarding men that is what i read off the net but their skin is thicker. what to do if you have hormonal imbalance? not me of course..
but another lady said she washed with h20 and her skin looked better in another forum but well that is her

TheresaMary wrote:
No but men are different hormone wise, that’s why to a certain point they age better than us women, becaue they don’t get the MP etc and imbalances that we get. I think that also them shaving too is like an exfoliation, but the hormones etc are what ages us most I think and when they are imbalanced its like you can become 10 years older overnight if you ask me.
Salome_B wrote:
sab wrote:
Don't think it's nothing wrong if not using any cleanser in the morning but just a splash of water and wipe with water. I think it's pretty much depends on the weather and environment. Smile

lots of men do that and they have better skin.. read a lady from another forum did that and she said her skin looked better

lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends on your own skin type. My skin type is oily but dehydrated. I tried to wash my face once a day, but it didnt help.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Once a day for me with cleansing milk

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |