Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If Botox is not an option...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing research on Botox and found a forum that discusses several averse effects some people have had - I am sure there are plenty of people who have little to no side effects but because I suffer from anxiety (sort of generalized anxiety) I don't think I'm a candidate b/c I'm reading far too many people who are like me go into all out anxiety attacks - something about the toxin that reaches the receptors that shut off and on whatever causes the anxiety-response effect... So, I'm not willing to take that risk - but I would so love to just get rid of my dang 11's... they bother me in the sense that they make me look mad, and I'm a really happy and chill person - honest! Laughing I have the Furlesse adhesives and they help initially, but the effect wears off too quickly - my 11's look much less severe in the a.m. but come noon time I'm back to looking grumpy...

Any suggestions?

I do eat very healthy, an occasional wine drinker, don't smoke - and for the most part, my skin at 50 is in decent shape...

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Does the idea of needles in general make you nervous? I would think skin needling (dermapen, skinpen, dermal rolling) could be a big help.

But if the idea of needles freak you out, then needling is not a good choice for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I personally believe in face exercises. I believe in doing a complete program so all your facial muscles get toned. If you have good muscle tone, then your skin elasticity is also improved so you can make expressions and not be afraid of the expression staying frozen in your face after you stop the expression since the toned muscle will return the skin to which they are attached back to normal like this:

I never got the 11's because I started face exercises way before any wrinkles developed in my face so in a way you could say I have postponed their appearance or may keep them at bay indefinitely. But if you need examples of people who already had them but have removed them with exercise, here you go:

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/robert

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/dakota

While I really believe in doing a full program and not spot training, perhaps doing the exercise I shared in the post below can help you start to believe in face exercises and maybe commit to one full program:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23970&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=46

(If that link doesn't take you directly to my post, it is on page 2.)
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
There are several books on facial exercises:
https://www.google.com/search?q=facial+exercises&oq=facial+exercises&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.2605j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#psj=1&q=facial+exercises&tbm=bks

I just saw one at my local library.
biogeek
5% products discount

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie -- I'm not familiar with facial exercises, but after seeing those photos (from the links), I'm going to investigate further! I want to get rid of my 11's, too.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Iovera is a non toxin treatment that works for forehead wrinkles. They have it in Europe

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Biogeek...nonie has given the five star answer. Supplementary answers are:

Frownies.

Safetox.

Both reviewed here at EDS.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I have to say mine have diminished/nearly gone thro a combo of things. Facial exercise, skin needling and a range of topically applied actives( vit c, retinol, Fawnies serums and recently - last 3/4 months Cellese Antiage stem cell serum only used at night )

I think it is the last topical (Antiage) along with the rest that has done it, my forehead is almost clear and I had 11s and the lines above not nice. But I am very happy with the forehead now. I do have the tria laser, quasar md, skin spatula, and the pico, but none of these have I used frequently enuff ( once a week sometimes not at all) , I dont think to say definitely that they have played a major part.

I think it really has been the topicals Facial exercise and derma rolling. Unfortunately it all takes time to come to fruition but the clincher I would say for me is the Antiage .

Now all I need is the magic bullet for my NL folds .

OH I forgot to mention supplements taken relatively frequently .

HTH

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |