Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Oil not moisturizing?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Benzzro1

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but coconut oil/Jojoba oil seem to just stay on the surface of my skin and doesn't moisturize properly. It works super well on my face/arms where it isn't tough, but when I put it on my stomach/back, especially using it after RA when my skin is peeling/rough, it doesn't work well.

I heard a lot of creams are bad for your skin, that's why I moved to oils. But does anyone know of a cream that I can use?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Benzzro1 it depends on the kind you are using. Both coconut and jojoba oil are known for their skin benefit properties but they are not the only ones out there. Rosehip and avocado oil are my personal favourites, as I have dry skin, these do moisturise and sink into the skin. With RA peeling, it happens at different times and at different points depending on where you start from and your skin health etc. Sometimes no amount of moisturiser is going to stop the peeling from happening because it’s the RA working. There are many natural creams out there, and some of the more reasonable ones like Cera Ve are cheap and have some great reviews from people so they’re worth looking into.

Benzzro1 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but coconut oil/Jojoba oil seem to just stay on the surface of my skin and doesn't moisturize properly. It works super well on my face/arms where it isn't tough, but when I put it on my stomach/back, especially using it after RA when my skin is peeling/rough, it doesn't work well.

I heard a lot of creams are bad for your skin, that's why I moved to oils. But does anyone know of a cream that I can use?
Benzzro1

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Benzzro1 it depends on the kind you are using. Both coconut and jojoba oil are known for their skin benefit properties but they are not the only ones out there. Rosehip and avocado oil are my personal favourites, as I have dry skin, these do moisturise and sink into the skin. With RA peeling, it happens at different times and at different points depending on where you start from and your skin health etc. Sometimes no amount of moisturiser is going to stop the peeling from happening because it’s the RA working. There are many natural creams out there, and some of the more reasonable ones like Cera Ve are cheap and have some great reviews from people so they’re worth looking into.

Benzzro1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, it's not when it's peeling, it's like before it starts to peel, but it doesn't, because I have to stop. My skin looks/feels really rough and kinda red. Is this Cera Ve actually good for the skin? I read a thread ages ago, saying most moisturizes contain bad stuff, makes me very paranoid. Thanks!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Aren't some oils more moisturizing than others?

And, isn't there such a thing as "dry oil?"
Benzzro1

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Is there also something u can do about the retin A itch, holy hell I itch like crazy when I put oils on
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Do you use the oil after washing your face, and if so, do you dry your face before you put the oil on?

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Do you use the oil after washing your face, and if so, do you dry your face before you put the oil on?

Nah my face never itches, and yes I put it on right after without blow drying, its my stomach where it has been itching like crazy
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Benzzro1 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but coconut oil/Jojoba oil seem to just stay on the surface of my skin and doesn't moisturize properly.

I have this same problem with those two oils and have moved to avocado, rosehip, argan or carrot seed oils. They have great benefits and don't just sit on top of my skin.

I can tell you a couple creams that I use, but still looking for the holy grail cream.( I have tried too many to count.)

Merlot Night Cream
Juice Organics Pompeptide

I still use any of the above oils in conjunction with a cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I use argan oil,it absorbed well.But I still use cream product.And sometime I will mix the oil and cream. Mixed-use effects better than alone.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Okay where are you using it exactly? And are you leaving a space from when you apply the Retin A and the oils?

Most moisturizers may contain bad stuff, but there are some containing good stuff also. Depends which product you are talking about but CeraVe works well for most skin types. No need to get paranoid, my gosh if you were to – you probably would be scared to breathe!
Benzzro1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, it's not when it's peeling, it's like before it starts to peel, but it doesn't, because I have to stop. My skin looks/feels really rough and kinda red. Is this Cera Ve actually good for the skin? I read a thread ages ago, saying most moisturizes contain bad stuff, makes me very paranoid. Thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Where are you using it and what strength/medium?

It may not be the Retin A making you itch but it could be your skin reacting to the oil you are using
Benzzro1 wrote:
Is there also something u can do about the retin A itch, holy hell I itch like crazy when I put oils on
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cera Ve does have ceramides in it so it's usually a good thing for irritated skin.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
My all-time favorite product for soothing and healing dry, irritated skin (heals very quickly, too) is Eucerin's Healing Cream. It also moisturizes skin extremely well. LOVE this stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:36 am      Reply with quote
If youre trying to moisturize skin that is peeling/starting to peel from RA its prob not gonna work that way.

Would be better to exfoliate first in the shower when skin is warm and wet with your fingertips ...GENTLY ... and dont pick.

Using hyaluronic acid serum with the oil will hold moisture on the skin too.

Im not fond of CeraVe because of all the parabens/PEGs/crap on newly forming skin/blahblahblah ... but if you arent picky about that it might work.

As for the itching... cold water compresses and/or hydrocortisone cream sparingly. And dont scratch. The more you scratch the more it itches, no?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
coconut oil/Jojoba oil is too oily for skin.

It's better to choose a suitalbe moisturizing cream or serum.
Sonia123

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
@fawnie: Where did you hear that PEGs and Parabens are bad for "newly forming" skin?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |