Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cat litter ?!?!?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I was watching "Celebraty beauty secrets" last nite on E! Model Christine Brinkley uses *cat litter* with water to exfoliate her face Shock

Brittney Spear uses Castor oil to treat her split ends.

anyone tried the cat litter ? It really sounds crazy.

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Shock No - I've never done that - it DOES sound crazy! Do you recall any other of the secrets? Very Happy
Pudoodles
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I think I'd rather use a traditional exfoliant than cat litter hahaha Smile

Aga
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Speak to the hand No thanks!! I have two cats and plenty of litter. That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Christine Brinkley is a firm believer in exfoliation, the grittier the better, just didn't think she would actually use CAT LITTER Shock But her skin does look FABULOUS for her age, and aren't all the cosmetic companies coming out with rougher and rougher scrub, like crystal, diamond....so maybe cat litter makes some sense, not sure how many kinds of cat litter are out there though, I am sure some are finer than the others.

My mom also exfoliate her skin religiously, she claims it helps to keep the wrinkles from forming, AND SHE HAS A CAT, maybe I can tempt her to be the guinea pig, haha.

Pudoodles, the other secrets like preparationH under eyes, brushing your lips......no news to all of us here Wink Although, they did talk about some kind BONE MARROW cream from france.

D

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I remember watching that special months ago, too!! I remember Nicole Kidman rinses her hair with cranberry juice for color, and I don't remember whether it was on that show or another E! celebrity special, but apparently there's a line or two of cosmetics that include the, uhhh, discarded foreskin from a circumcision (EWWWWWW!!!!) and placental cells.

Traditionally, there's some kind of guano (I believe nightengale) treatment that I believe the Japanese used to use on their skin for its bleaching agents along with camillia oil. Then again, the ancient Egyptians used to use bat guano to perm hair because of the ammonia in it. Yay for the Discovery channel for that one!!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
LOL!! I'm with Winnie! I have 2 cats and plenty of litter, crazy I tell ya. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry but nooooo way am I putting cat litter on my face - can't believe "uptown" girl does that....eeeeewwww.

Here's an old post of mine for other celeb beauty secrets:

Here are some home treatments that stars use.(911 Beauty Secrets by Diane Irons)

Cindy Crawford keeps her multi-million dollar skin moisturized with spritzes of equal parts of milk and water that she refreshes with throughout the day.

Jennifer Love Hewitt heals blemishes by applying a dab of toothpaste to the zit overnight.

Daisy Fuentes has a quick weight lose trick of drinking one liter of chamomile tea and one liter of water daily-- the combination accelerates fat burning!

Michelle Yeoh rinses her face with lemon juice and water.

Diana Ross stays in shape by doing her own housework! "Cleaning is a tremendous stress reliever and keeps my body taut, " says Miss Ross.

Catherine Zeta-Jones keeps the high luster in her hair with castor oil and maintains her gleaming smile by brushing her teeth with strawberries-- a natural teeth whitener.

Supermodel Giselle Bundchen stays shapely by pouring hot stuff on her food for a natural thermogenic burn.

Nicole Kidman rinses her fiery red hair with cranberry juice.

Jennifer Aniston took Courtney Cox's friendly advice to line her eyes with a matchstick!

Julia Roberts keeps her nails in top condition by soaking them in olive oil.

Donna Karan does a quick slim down by blending cabbage, apple, parsley, carrots, and celery in a juicer and drinking it for a day or two.

Susan Lucci observes a Portuguese diet staple-- she snacks on sardines because their omega-3 fatty acids are essential for smooth skin.

Caffeine is the first ingredient in most treatments that reduce the appearance of cellulite. Diane says many top models and beauty contestants (yeah, they get cellulite, too!) skip the fancy-schmancy spa services and favor this cheap-- yet slightly messy-- at-home cellulite treatment:
· Get some used, slightly warm coffee grounds (yup, you and Mr. Coffee are about to begin a new relationship).
· Line the bathroom floor with newspaper and sit on the edge of your bathtub.
·Use a loofah mitt, or your hands, to rub your cellulite-laden areas with the coffee grounds.
· Most of the grounds will drop to the newspaper, but enough of a residue will remain.
· Detoxify the area by wrapping yourself in plastic wrap-- seaweed is better, if you can find it.
· Let it set for a few minutes.
· To intensify the treatment, use an old-fashioned rolling pin to further smooth out the cellulite.
·Unwrap, brush the remaining grounds onto the newspaper and shower off.
·Do this treatment at least twice a week for top results.

Then again, Vanessa Williams keeps her gorgeous shape by eschewing caffeine and wheat- she came to this dietary conclusion by consulting a psychic!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
Christine Brinkley is a firm believer in exfoliation, the grittier the better, just didn't think she would actually use CAT LITTER Shock But her skin does look FABULOUS for her age, and aren't all the cosmetic companies coming out with rougher and rougher scrub, like crystal, diamond....so maybe cat litter makes some sense, not sure how many kinds of cat litter are out there though, I am sure some are finer than the others.

My mom also exfoliate her skin religiously, she claims it helps to keep the wrinkles from forming, AND SHE HAS A CAT, maybe I can tempt her to be the guinea pig, haha.

Pudoodles, the other secrets like preparationH under eyes, brushing your lips......no news to all of us here Wink Although, they did talk about some kind BONE MARROW cream from france.

D

Cat litter! Hilarious! I'd try it but the only kind I have is the clumping kind.

-Cheri
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

If you REALLY will try, please please please report back !! I am thinking it might sound crazy for the face, it may work well for the body......

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
Hi Cheri,

If you REALLY will try, please please please report back !! I am thinking it might sound crazy for the face, it may work well for the body......

D

That's whereI was thinking of using it on! Couldn't hurt the body much right?
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
the FEET... Think

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
OK...I'm not really here, but...cat litter is (or was at any rate) fullers earth. Heard of it before? sure you have! It is used in just about every oil-zapping face mask going. In the old days, before they put deodorisers and other chemicals in it, my big sis used to use our cat litter as a body mask. She took it fresh from the bag btw, not from the tray.

remember you aint seem me Anxious

5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have a book which I got free with a magazine ages ago, it is called The Worlds Best-Kept Beauty Secrets by Diane Irons.

This is what she has to say about cat litter

"We have all heard of clay masks. Clay is perfect for detoxifying the skin. What I discovered is that these so called mud or clay treatments are nothing more than cat litter. The kind you want is "fullers earth", pure and simple, the bag must be marked 100% natural clay. It cannot contain any chemicals, additives or clumping materials.

How to use: take about a tablespoon of the dried clay and reconstitute it with a small amount of water. Mud is mud is mud. I have worked with the most fabulous celebrities who swear by my cat litter facial, including top make-up artists. Although they love this facial, they know that their clients may be a little reticent to try such an unorthodox facial. So they pour cat litter into an attractive container. You might want to do the same at your house to avoid strange looks. Potpourri jars make delightful hiding places for your new find."

Confused

Hopefully this is useful to you.

I have not tried it so I don't know if it will work or not. If anyone does try, let me know.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
OK...I'm not really here... remember you aint seem me Anxious

Oooooh, I'm telling teacher! You're not allowed to be here. Shame on you
Still, you lasted 5 days without posting. A good effort. Smile
Cat litter eh? Sounds feasible. Only trouble is that my cat uses a wood/paper based litter. Don't think that would be any good on the face.
Whoever decides to try it out first must post a review ASAP.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kaz1 wrote:
I have a book which I got free with a magazine ages ago, it is called The Worlds Best-Kept Beauty Secrets by Diane Irons.

This is what she has to say about cat litter

"We have all heard of clay masks. Clay is perfect for detoxifying the skin. What I discovered is that these so called mud or clay treatments are nothing more than cat litter. The kind you want is "fullers earth", pure and simple, the bag must be marked 100% natural clay. It cannot contain any chemicals, additives or clumping materials.

How to use: take about a tablespoon of the dried clay and reconstitute it with a small amount of water. Mud is mud is mud. I have worked with the most fabulous celebrities who swear by my cat litter facial, including top make-up artists. Although they love this facial, they know that their clients may be a little reticent to try such an unorthodox facial. So they pour cat litter into an attractive container. You might want to do the same at your house to avoid strange looks. Potpourri jars make delightful hiding places for your new find."

Confused

Hopefully this is useful to you.

I have not tried it so I don't know if it will work or not. If anyone does try, let me know.

wow....suddenly, it doesn't sound crazy anymore.

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, it looks like Liz beat me to the punch on providing this enlightenment...

I haven’t done it myself, but it’s not as wacky as it sounds, although I haven’t heard it used as an exfoliator before...I’d heard cat litter used as a drying mask! Cat litter (I’m taking about the super cheap stuff, not clumping litter or litter crystals) is made from clay. And don’t a lot of facial masks have clay as an ingredient? But what on earth is “Fullers Earth”? I have *never* heard of that before!!

BTW, I just read something the other day that said the toothpaste trick to fight blemishes is nothing more than an old wives tale...personally, I think I’ll stick with my new found Yonka Juvenil, if it’s all the same to you guys!! Smile
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
"Jennifer Aniston took Courtney Cox's friendly advice to line her eyes with a matchstick"

Well, I tried it and as a result, am returning my newly purchased $18USD cream eyeliner brush from Sephora. The cardboard matchstick is fantastic - both for application and smudging!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
oh, and I remember Bionce (or someone else) uses Neosporin to make the zits go away. I tried it, it seems to work.

D

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
"Jennifer Aniston took Courtney Cox's friendly advice to line her eyes with a matchstick"

Well, I tried it and as a result, am returning my newly purchased $18USD cream eyeliner brush from Sephora. The cardboard matchstick is fantastic - both for application and smudging!

Shock Are you serious? Are you talking about the ones that come in little flat packs and you need to pull the match away from the others first?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm just guessing, but I think it's more likely Jenn and Courtney are using *wooden* match sticks. To me, at least, that would make more sense....
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Mabsy - those are the matches. The wooden sticks would be too hard. The cardboard ones are pliable and gentle and hold just enough product. I can get a perfect line with one stroke and I especially like how easy it is to blend the eyeliner on both the upper and lower lids.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa, Nelly! I don't know about putting burnt matches on my eyelids close to my eyes...isn't that pure carbon and burnt sulphur? That doesn't seem like an eye area/skin friendly combo,does it?

I guess "if the shoe fits..." though....Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I don’t think you’re supposed to light them (i.e.: ‘burnt’) before you do it, but I’ve been wrong before!! Embarassed

Speaking of matches and eyeliner...did anyone else use a match or lighter to heat the tip of their black, Maybelline eyeliner pencil before using it to line your eyes in order to make the liner more intense and noticable (it also softened the pencil up enough to make it easy to draw/line the inside of your lower eye rim)? This was circa early 1980s, when there was no such thing as a soft ‘kohl’ pencil and Maybelline black eyeliner pencil was the only choice you had unless you wanted to use your mom’s liquid eyeliner and end up looking like Brigette Bardot! Am I the only who remembers doing this? Or were my friends and I the only ones dumb enough to put hot melted wax (or whatever the stupid pencil was made from!) that close to our eyes, just so we could look more grown up at the skating rink on Friday night???? Geez, I guess I’m really dating myself now! Confused

Carrie
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
No, you were not the only one - add me to the list of those who tried this - it worked like a charm. Thank goodness the soft eyeliner pencils came into production. I love the look of the lower inner lid lined.

And for the record: use the end of the match WITHOUT the sulfur.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |