Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Azelex & Differin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

I went to a derm yesterday and she gave me 2 prescriptions for helping with acne on my chin.

I got Azelex and Differin.

I didnt really get a chance to ask her what these products were like and how they worked.
Has anyone used them? Any info would be great!

Aga Smile
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
OOOH, I forgot to ask, does anyone know how much these products are?

Thankies!
Aga
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Differin for a while back in the day. Derms tend to prescribe it to people with acne that don't tend to jive well with Retin-A, Cleocin, and other similar products. I really liked it at the time, but looking back I think an issue with it is that it fixes problems and serves as a preventative, but it doesn't really do much to alter the structure of your skin to solve a problem at the fundamental (again, structural) level so that you can function without it in the future. I also tolerated to it after about 2 years. But if acne is localized, mostly hormonal, Differin is really good for a broad range of acne types. I can't remember about it being moisturizing or drying, but it's a clear thick-ish gel and I know you use it on its own usually. Lots of people seem to have great success with it, and it did wonders for me at the time.

If you have insurance, you can get it for about $20-30. Without it, I have no clue...

I'm unfortunately not acquainted with the Azelex... what specifically is it for, do you know?
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Rusalka,

All I know is that I am sposed to use Azetex in the morning and Differin in the eveninng. Confused

I read somewhere that one of those might be for getting rid of red acne scars ( which I have all over my chin .. )

Aga
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
OOOH, I forgot to ask, does anyone know how much these products are?

Thankies!
Aga

Aga,

It is your right as a patient to ask as many questions as you like. Perhaps you should write down all of your questions and then give the doctor a call. It has taken me a long time to learn this with doctors. They really should explain more. Certainly they charge enough for a visit. Mad
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thats true Winnie Wink

But if I do call theyll tell me to just go in again Sad

Aga
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Not always!! Not good ones, anyway. It's worth at least calling and asking. If on the phone you tell the receptionist, "I'm a patient with concerns about my medication Dr. _____ prescribed" the doc has an obligation to you to address that. At least maybe a nurse will be able to give you some info. I know there are some crappy doctors out there that never give credit to their patients' intelligence, but there are some good ones. Sometimes it takes a callback to get what you need. But they shouldn't ask you for another appointment just for a Q&A session.
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,
I've been using Differin gel for my acne for about 2 years now. I used to use Retin-A cream but it was way too harsh on my skin. Differin is gentle, yet just as effective (at least for me).I've had pretty good results, but you have to be patient. It can take up to 2 weeks before you start noticing a reduction in breakouts.
I usually pay about $24 a tube.

Hope this helps,
Katie
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,
I've been using Differin gel for my acne for about 2 years now. I used to use Retin-A cream but it was way too harsh on my skin. Differin is gentle, yet just as effective (at least for me).I've had pretty good results, but you have to be patient. It can take up to 2 weeks before you start noticing a reduction in breakouts.
I usually pay about $24 a tube.

Hope this helps,
Katie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Katie Smile

Sadly my insurance doesnt cover it so I am looking for it online at a better price Wink

Aga
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,
I have been purchasing my Differin gel on the internet. From my search, it seems like $24 is a really good price. The online site that I order it from usually charges $30, but the price drops to $24 when you buy at least 2 tubes (which is what I usually do).

Katie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katie,

Ive been researching those two and the cheapest I found was about $60 for each, so $120 for both.

Do you have insurace which drops the price to $30? It would be great to get it for that price! Wink

Aga
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,
I can get that price online WITHOUT having to use my insurance. I've purchased from the online pharmacy retailer for about 2 years now. They're honest sellers and have been very helpful in the past with all my questions.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of the online site on this forum, so I will just send you a private message with the information.

Thanks,
Katie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thankies!!!! Im going to my inbox Wink

Aga
schatze
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have both. I needed something for breakouts because benzoyl peroxide gave me trouble. The Differin did nothing so my doc tried me on Azalex. If I have a pimple coming I dab a bit of it on and it takes care of it, pronto. I've never used it on my entire face, however.

schatze
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Schatze!
It seems that differin is supposed to help wtih the discoloration.
Were you using it only for spots?

Aga
schatze
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi back atcha, Aga. Yes, I needed a blemish cream for spots. Differin had a drying effect, but the Azalex will stop a budding pimple overnight for me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |