Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
When the purging from OCM is going to stop?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I use like 75% evoo and 25% castor oil and still the area around my nose and nose is covered in blocked pores and whiteheads like tiny little bumps that if you squeeze them you can extract blocked puss like oil but they wont go away.

When this stuff is going to stop?
Also the sides of my forehead have been covered in many and little kinda zits that dont have a head.

I clean the face afterwards with olive and aloe soap and use the warm cloth steam .

Any expreriences of someone that purging went off?It would be helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Pano, have you thought about stopping the OCM? I am not convinced that it works for everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Pano, have you thought about stopping the OCM? I am not convinced that it works for everyone.

Yeah.Maybe you are right.
But i see interesting results on other areas.

So its a bit pros and cons situation.

Finally i will try 80%evoo and 20% jojoba today and see how things will go.

I mean its just a massage with natural oils.Why the face cant handle it?
I was using chemicals in my face and still no break out.

Will also try to help things with oil pulling in case the oil on face attracts toxins from the entire nearby lymph.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would just make sure that you don't end up a bunch of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from the breakouts that can take a long time to go away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I would just make sure that you don't end up a bunch of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from the breakouts that can take a long time to go away.

Exactly. For folks who think the skin actually does "purge" that's fine; we're all different. However, there has been medically trained experts who say the skin does NOT "purge". When you're allowing all these blemishes to continue because you're thinking it's your skin "purging" you're risking long-term post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that is very, very UNattractive.

Beauty Myth: Does Your Skin Purge Impurities?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
I use like 75% evoo and 25% castor oil and still the area around my nose and nose is covered in blocked pores and whiteheads like tiny little bumps that if you squeeze them you can extract blocked puss like oil but they wont go away.

When this stuff is going to stop?
Also the sides of my forehead have been covered in many and little kinda zits that dont have a head.

I clean the face afterwards with olive and aloe soap and use the warm cloth steam .

Any expreriences of someone that purging went off?It would be helpful.

I would recommend that you DON'T squeeze. This can cause scarring. If you want to "bring to a head" what is inside the blemish, hold a hot, wet washcloth on the blemish. Keep getting it warm when it cools and place it on the blemish again. This should help bring the "stuff" to a head without squeezing.

If you want to continue the OCM, you might try other types of oils that are more gentle to your skin. It's possible you may have an intolerance to particular oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:

I would recommend that you DON'T squeeze. This can cause scarring. If you want to "bring to a head" what is inside the blemish, hold a hot, wet washcloth on the blemish. Keep getting it warm when it cools and place it on the blemish again. This should help bring the "stuff" to a head without squeezing.

And if you decide to get rid of the whitehead, be sure to poke a hole in the skin with a sanitized needle to keep the skin from tearing. (I personally can't walk around with a big white zit on my face)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I don't particularly like whiteheads to remain on my face, either. If you have a large lesion and are trying to "leave it alone" so to prevent scarring (especially if it's inflamed and red) and all that the square spot Band Aids are pretty handy. They are clear so your skin color shows through. I have some at home and have used them; they don't really show up too badly. I suppose it might look funny right on the end of your nose or something but one of these in an obscure spot doesn't really show much. A smidgen of Neosporin or Polysporin often helps heal more quickly, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Panos that sounds really bad and uncomfortable!
Maybe OCM just isnt for you and you stop it and just let your skin have a rest it sounds really irritated.

I do know on the original large ocm thread that Dragon (I think) had a huge and long time of "purging" maybe it would be worth it to have a read of it.

With this tho I am rather unconvinced about the purging thing - not sure I truly agree with it!!

Hope it gets better soon.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:51 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios

I wonder if you might like to try neat pineapple oil on your face for OCM before giving up on it.

I use this quite often (straight) as a moisturiser and like it. Smell is absolutely incredible and it contains enzymatic exfoliating agent which might help to unclog your pores.

http://www.oca-brazil.com/cosmepineapple.htm

Good luck.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 am      Reply with quote
But there are also some experts who say that it does eliminate toxins etc. I think that its much like facial exercises - you will get experts telling you they don't work, and some that tell you that you do, but its your own experience that counts most.
AngelaE8654 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Exactly. For folks who think the skin actually does "purge" that's fine; we're all different. However, there has been medically trained experts who say the skin does NOT "purge". When you're allowing all these blemishes to continue because you're thinking it's your skin "purging" you're risking long-term post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that is very, very UNattractive.

Beauty Myth: Does Your Skin Purge Impurities?
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Ok it seems like i found my formula!!!

It was the castor oil that was causing all of these!!!Because i am a male and castor oil promotes hair follicle activity under the skin!

So my formula is the one that i found on a youtube video about acne prone skin even though i dont have acne prone skin .
Its 1/5 jojoba and 4/5 olive oil.
My face feels super clean finally Wink

Thanks for the support.
Castor oil didnt cause real zits,just many small that didnt have a head,and go away with 1 or 2 days.No or minimal PIH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:48 am      Reply with quote
felixia wrote:
panoslydios

I wonder if you might like to try neat pineapple oil on your face for OCM before giving up on it.

I use this quite often (straight) as a moisturiser and like it. Smell is absolutely incredible and it contains enzymatic exfoliating agent which might help to unclog your pores.

http://www.oca-brazil.com/cosmepineapple.htm

Good luck.

WOW.Thanks for the advice.
Pineapple oil must be one of the bests out there.
The enzyme you say is bromelain,that eats dead celss and scar tissue cell by cell.
I even rub a fresh flesh of pineapple on my face and let it rest and it gives amazing glowing results.
Thank you .Hopefully i will find one in europe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Wait a second – castor oil promotes hair follicle activity under the skin, what a load of RUBBISH. That’s not true at all, where do you get this information from?
panoslydios wrote:

It was the castor oil that was causing all of these!!!Because i am a male and castor oil promotes hair follicle activity under the skin!

So my formula is the one that i found on a youtube video about acne prone skin even though i dont have acne prone skin .

Thanks for the support.
Castor oil didnt cause real zits,just many small that didnt have a head,and go away with 1 or 2 days.No or minimal PIH.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Wait a second – castor oil promotes hair follicle activity under the skin, what a load of RUBBISH. That’s not true at all, where do you get this information from?
panoslydios wrote:

Thanks for the support.

It promotes hair follicle activity.Aka it grows hair. I am sure you know castor oil is ideal for the eyebrows and eyelashes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Panoslydios it doesn’t promote hair follicle activity, what happens is the oil absorbs into the hair creating a thicker looking hair fibre, rather than promoting follicle activity. When a hair follicle dies, it dies and nothing is going to make it come back. Seriously – why do you say such things?

panoslydios wrote:
It promotes hair follicle activity.Aka it grows hair. I am sure you know castor oil is ideal for the eyebrows and eyelashes.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil does not promote anything like that, and it does not clog your pores. It's quite drawing. The mix you are using (25% castor, 75% EVOO) is good for DRY skin. For oily skin, you should go at least 50% castor.

If you still are having problems, then stop using OCM entirely.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Panoslydios it doesn’t promote hair follicle activity, what happens is the oil absorbs into the hair creating a thicker looking hair fibre, rather than promoting follicle activity. When a hair follicle dies, it dies and nothing is going to make it come back. Seriously – why do you say such things?

panoslydios wrote:

If you say that a hair follicle cant come back then you havent searched enough obviously.

And i am not here to really tell you how to do that cause your stuck in resistance mind would make things unpractical.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Panoslydios

I’m open minded but you are talking complete and utter nonsense now. Sure, we are talking about a person in dire health concerns then they can always make changes and recuperate, but when it comes to death, then no matter what you do a dead person is a dead person…. Likewise with hair follicles, you can do all sorts of things to them and they will grow if they are still alive, but sadly if they are dead then that’s that and nothing you do can change that. Sure you can develop new follicles, but that’s not what you are suggesting here with castor oil.

The person who hasn’t searched enough obviously isn’t me, and trust me at 60 plus years young, I have been around and tried a lot of the fads you are talking about.

Likewise my “stuck in resistance mind” makes things unpractical. I would say that your mind is making up stories that you are defending and cannot prove at all. Castor oil cannot do what you are suggesting, and even if you look at texts by the great Edgar Cayce you will see he heavily promoted it to both men and women and also suggested rubbing not just on their faces but also torsos – for example. He never said anything like you are saying here.

You need to get real with these claims that are just your viewpoint.

panoslydios wrote:
If you say that a hair follicle cant come back then you havent searched enough obviously.

And i am not here to really tell you how to do that cause your stuck in resistance mind would make things unpractical.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Panoslydios

I’m open minded but you are talking complete and utter nonsense now. Sure, we are talking about a person in dire health concerns then they can always make changes and recuperate, but when it comes to death, then no matter what you do a dead person is a dead person…. Likewise with hair follicles, you can do all sorts of things to them and they will grow if they are still alive, but sadly if they are dead then that’s that and nothing you do can change that. Sure you can develop new follicles, but that’s not what you are suggesting here with castor oil.

The person who hasn’t searched enough obviously isn’t me, and trust me at 60 plus years young, I have been around and tried a lot of the fads you are talking about.

Likewise my “stuck in resistance mind” makes things unpractical. I would say that your mind is making up stories that you are defending and cannot prove at all. Castor oil cannot do what you are suggesting, and even if you look at texts by the great Edgar Cayce you will see he heavily promoted it to both men and women and also suggested rubbing not just on their faces but also torsos – for example. He never said anything like you are saying here.

You need to get real with these claims that are just your viewpoint.

panoslydios wrote:

At 60 plus year old and you still act with aggresiveness.

To end this silly debate lets say that castor oil is good for hair. I dont know why you bash me for phrases like ''hair follicle activity''.
If eyelashes grow longer with castor oil then yeah ,it promotes hair follicle activity.Because it feeds the hair follicle with linoleic acid just like also evoo.

To end this silly debate lets say that castor oil is good for hair.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Maybe OCM just isnt for you and you stop it and just let your skin have a rest it sounds really irritated.

I do know on the original large ocm thread that Dragon (I think) had a huge and long time of "purging" maybe it would be worth it to have a read of it.

With this tho I am rather unconvinced about the purging thing - not sure I truly agree with it!!

Panos, Here is a link to one of the threads with DragoN's experience with OCM that 10Sylvia5 mentioned above:

I think I ruined my skin with OCM
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43443

I don't think castor oil works for every skin so it's good you figured that out!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Panoslydios

You are missing the entire point. You said that Castor Oil “promotes hair follicle activity.Aka it grows hair”.

You say I’m being aggressive, but there is no proof that castor oil – which has been around for many years and is used in massage and many different healing practices promotes hair follicle activity. Sure if you had said it was too sticky, or too much for your skin – there would be nothing to say, but to say it promotes hair follicle activity is a lie.

Eyelashes grow longer with castor oil – seriously. Castor oil thickens the lashes for sure, and will thicken hair anywhere is applied, but it does not promote hair growth and its wrong to say to people that it does because there is little evidence to say this is true. Its like saying EVOO will cure baldness – not true.

You make swooping generalised statements that others will read and then follow like avoiding Castor Oil which may do them so good.

panoslydios wrote:
At 60 plus year old and you still act with aggresiveness.

To end this silly debate lets say that castor oil is good for hair. I dont know why you bash me for phrases like ''hair follicle activity''.
If eyelashes grow longer with castor oil then yeah ,it promotes hair follicle activity.Because it feeds the hair follicle with linoleic acid just like also evoo.

To end this silly debate lets say that castor oil is good for hair.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 am      Reply with quote
And this is the perfect example, DragoN shared her experience without making statements like it “promotes hair follicle activity” etc and stated her own results without trying to force an opinion on others.
havana8 wrote:
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Panos, Here is a link to one of the threads with DragoN's experience with OCM that 10Sylvia5 mentioned above:

I think I ruined my skin with OCM
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43443

I don't think castor oil works for every skin so it's good you figured that out!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Curious about what castor oil actually does for hair and follicles I did a tiny google:

Quote:

Improves Circulation

Target Woman, an online health and beauty magazine, lists good circulation as an important factor for hair growth. Sufficient circulation in the scalp area helps stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles. When the roots of your hair are properly nourished, your hair strands will be stronger and more resilient, allowing them to grow longer without breaking. Castor oil on your scalp can help to increase circulation. In addition, castor oil has a strengthening effect on hair follicles and can stimulate hair growth in cases of alopecia, or hair loss, according to Live and Feel, a health and beauty website.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/300875-castor-oil-effects-on-hair-growth/#ixzz2g15Ybxyh
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
2 FACTS-EXPERIENCES.

1) i did ocm for more than 2 weeks with part castor oil and as a side effect eyebrows and eyelashes grew longer.I didnt even apply it straight to them!

2)there is a testimonial of girl which managed to remove her burn scar tissue on legs in 2 years with castor oil and claims hair grew through the scar.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |