Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How long can I use glycolic acid + Retin A on my face for?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aartipat

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm only 22 and I have acne marks/loose skin. I just came off the obagi system because my skin is becoming horribly discoloured and patchy. It make my skin nice and tight though, and so the overall surface of my skin has drastically improved.

My dermatologist said to have a course of 3 salicylic acid peels but I can't afford that right now (it's somewhere around £600).

I'm thinking to start again on 15% glycolic acid lotion (Neostrata) that I have and Tretinoin 0.05% but I wanted to know how long I can use these products for? For the rest of my life? Or should I consider going back to non-regeneration type products. I don't want to start using anything I shouldn't be using at this age if it thins my skins in the long term.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
greengables

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Most estheticians will tell you not to use Retin-A and acids concurrently. At least 48 hours between each, or more time depending on the strength of the peel.

Mostly I try to give my skin regular breaks from regenerating products. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, or something similar.

Have you thought about doing your own peels for much less? You can buy professional strength salicylic acid from various places online. You can get a bottle containing 15 salicylic peels for 30-50. It is not that hard to do. You just apply a light coat of liquid with a taklon brush, wait for a few minutes, then neutralize the skin with cold water and baking soda.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 am      Reply with quote
My suggestion is to use one course.After that you can try to the prepare product. Seeing if it does well.
aartipat

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Ah so unfortunately I went for 1 salicylic peel to see what results it would produce and if it would be worth the money for another two, but I broke out in acne a day after. Very annoyed because I went two months without any breakouts, and it'll now take weeks for the marks they left to disappear.

I think I'm just going to stick to the retin A and glycolic acid for another month or so to keep everything calm and then I'll come off. I'm sure I'll find something suitable, with the help of this forum, to use after that's a bit more cost effective for me. Thanks.
Lak

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Good evening girls, I'm new to this forum and am looking for answers to retin a. I have been using Cellex C (vitamin c serums for years and love the results. Just thought I would like to add to my regime and decided to use retin a (Arbonne Genius pad) at night and vitamin C in the morning to help counteract the thinning effect of retinols. I was using the retina daily and now that I'm in my third week my skin is showing signs of fatigue and discomfort. Dry and very thirsty. My lips are chapped and hurt even though I was just applying the retinol on upper lip lines. Has this happened to anyone else? Should i ease into the retina 2-3 times a week, let absorb and use either a hydrating mask or richer moisturizer? Are these reactions par for the course and my skin will eventually adjust. I'm 55 and wash hoping for more collagen production. Any suggestions
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |