Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How Much Has the Clarisonic Changed/Improved Your Skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:42 am      Reply with quote
How much of a difference has the Clarisonic made to your skin care?
Is your skin less dull; do you exfoliate less; do your pores look smaller?

Would you say that the Clarisonic is an indispensable part of your skin care regimen? In other words, how would things be different if you didn't have it?

Also, how often do you use the Clarisonic, and what is your exfoliation routine like now?
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not dull at all and I've been using the Clarisonic for several years. I NEVER exfoliate. Never. I still have baby-soft skin and I'm almost 50.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a Clarisonic Plus and have used it twice (last couple days). Both times I used it on my nose for a lot longer than they say to do it (like, a minute each time on my nose alone), because I wanted to see if it would clean out these disgusting blackheads I have been developing. Wonder of wonders, after just two cleanings, my nose looks a whole lot better! Some of the blackheads appear to be completely gone! Wish now I'd taken pictures. We know what they say: pictures, or it didn't happen. Razz

Seriously, skin also feels nice and smooth. I don't have too much problem with dullness (that I am aware of, at any rate) but I think my skin looks a little brighter, too.

I'm going to reserve judgment completely until the 14 days are up (what the company says it will take to see results), but so far very pleased with the cleaning of the Clarisonic. For some reason, despite the uncountable enthusiastic reviews here, I pretty much thought it was just an over-priced face scrubber that benefited people with chronic zits, oily skin, etc., not someone like me with dry skin and mostly small pores. But after looking closely in a 10x mirror at my nose for the first time in a long time not long ago Shock , I started researching and paying closer attention to the reviews. Hence my purchase. If this keeps up I will unreservedly recommend. Even at this early stage I heartily recommend it, with the caveat that I haven't given it the full go yet.

I do think there may be a problem with the battery life on my machine, but after reading up on the company have no doubt they will make it right. Not too concerned about it. The problem could also be due to me running it on the Level 3 program for more than a couple of minutes. That could cut down on the battery life.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Re: battery life: I put mine on the charger after my morning shower on Sunday and then take it off and put it into the shower on Monday morning. It stays in the shower until the following Sunday. (I use it for my face in the shower...I do not use the Clarisonic when washing my face at night.)

I do the cheek area twice as long as the timer says; that is 10 seconds where the other portions of the face are 20 seconds (or some such thing like that). I increase each "cheek" for one extra timer which makes those the same amount of time as the other portions of the face. I've NEVER had my charge run out. Ever. And I've had my Clarisonic for several years. Three or four, maybe. I could probably go another week on the charge, but I've never tried that to see. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
Re: battery life: I put mine on the charger after my morning shower on Sunday and then take it off and put it into the shower on Monday morning. It stays in the shower until the following Sunday. (I use it for my face in the shower...I do not use the Clarisonic when washing my face at night.)

I do the cheek area twice as long as the timer says; that is 10 seconds where the other portions of the face are 20 seconds (or some such thing like that). I increase each "cheek" for one extra timer which makes those the same amount of time as the other portions of the face. I've NEVER had my charge run out. Ever. And I've had my Clarisonic for several years. Three or four, maybe. I could probably go another week on the charge, but I've never tried that to see. Very Happy

Angela, do you have the Clarisonic Plus or do you ever use your Clarisonic on your body? It ran out when I started on my bod. I did my FND for about 10 minutes total (maybe 15, I was jacking around with the cleansers and settings since it was my first use), and then when I switched heads to the body brush and body mode it didn't want to run. Then I put the facial head back on and started doing my arms...ran out about five minutes after I started doing those.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
AngelaE8654 wrote:

Angela, do you have the Clarisonic Plus or do you ever use your Clarisonic on your body? It ran out when I started on my bod. I did my FND for about 10 minutes total (maybe 15, I was jacking around with the cleansers and settings since it was my first use), and then when I switched heads to the body brush and body mode it didn't want to run. Then I put the facial head back on and started doing my arms...ran out about five minutes after I started doing those.

I use the body brush, but I don't use it on my body. I have used it on my neck a couple of times but haven't kept that up. But I use it for 7 days before re-charging it, so I could probably use it on my body several times at least before losing the charge. It just doesn't seem to run out of charge. I have the regular Clarisonic. It's called the Clarisonic Classic Sonic Skin Cleansing System and I purchased it on September 21, 2010 (thankfully, Amazon keeps track of ALL my orders, LOL).

Here is what I ordered, except that mine is white, not pink as the one shown here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009F402K/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm bumbing this up as I have the same questions as VeronicaM.

I'm looking into maybe buying the Mia2.

(I have an présent active tread about AHA versus Clarisonic)
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Chantrelle, I didn't answer your other thread because I hoped someone with more experience than me with Retin-A and Clarisonic would pipe up for you. But since you're over here and I've already contributed to this thread, I will say that if you get the Clarisonic go easy with all the other stuff. It's pretty potent little machine even with the sensitive brush. Personally, I'd drop something out of the regimen if you get the Clarisonic,also and cut back what you keep until you know how your skin will react. It sounds like you're doing a lot to incite cell turnover on your face so don't want to overdo. I've done retin-A and didn't like it (dryness, photosensitivity, etc.). But others credit it with big results. I think what you drop depends on the results you want. Retin-A probably conveys a lot more anti-aging benefits if you can stand the sides, so that may be the keeper for you.

Probably wasn't helpful but hopefully just a little bit. Very Happy
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Your reply was helpfull. I posted two treads because I wanted to find out how Clarisonic did for others.

And the other tread was to have more personnalise recommendations on how to include Clarasonic in my routine.

P.s I'm not using Retin-A as my skin does not handle it well. The retinol is way more gentle but yet effective (however not as much as retin-a)
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Chantrelle, I didn't answer your other thread because I hoped someone with more experience than me with Retin-A and Clarisonic would pipe up for you. But since you're over here and I've already contributed to this thread, I will say that if you get the Clarisonic go easy with all the other stuff. It's pretty potent little machine even with the sensitive brush. Personally, I'd drop something out of the regimen if you get the Clarisonic,also and cut back what you keep until you know how your skin will react. It sounds like you're doing a lot to incite cell turnover on your face so don't want to overdo. I've done retin-A and didn't like it (dryness, photosensitivity, etc.). But others credit it with big results. I think what you drop depends on the results you want. Retin-A probably conveys a lot more anti-aging benefits if you can stand the sides, so that may be the keeper for you.

Probably wasn't helpful but hopefully just a little bit. Very Happy

I have pretty sensitive skin but my favorite brush for the Clarisonic is the body brush and I use it for my face. I like it because it's bigger and gets more "area" in one pass. The key is to be gentle. Don't scrub too hard; the "sonic" part will do the cleaning for you. I have scrubbed too hard in the past and regretted it. I use Retin A occasionally and have used AHAs in the past as well. Just be gentle with the Clarisonic and let it do what it's supposed to do and you should be fine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a clarisonic mow for over two years. Initially it was great because my skin and clogged pores were getting a boost of cleansing. Then I had a number of issues, breakouts and flare ups, white heads etc. Nothing serious but enough to annoy me. THEN I invested in a decent cleanser and changed elements of my skin routine. Now the clarisonic is working much better. I also changed from the sensitive to the 'normal' head which makes a difference. Funnily enough I have heard horror stories about the deep pore brush....

Ironically I use it less now i.e. about 3-5x a week usually on the days I wear make up. This is because my cleansing is better so I have less need for it. Whereas before I thought it was the main ingredient in cleansing, I now see it as a very useful add-on. I am also trying to wear less make up, wear water based foundation only or no make-up at all when possible, to give my skin a break as well as time to adapt to my new routine.

So my conclusion is alone the clarisonic will not work miracles however it really makes a noticeable difference with a good cleanser/ other great skincare.

Final advice:
1. Get the Mia, you don't need the Plus. Save your pennies for more cleanser etc. You can also travel with the Mia.
2. Use a good gentle cleanser. I use the Peter Thomas Roth gentle foaming cleanser, which I personally really like. I have also heard good things about the Cetaphyl, Cerave, La Roche Posay and Neutrogena gentle foaing cleanser.
3. Use the lowest setting you can. Its the Oscillation/ sonic technology that do the work and not the intensity of the brush. The higher settings are for your body.
4. DO NOT 'push' the clarisonic into your face. Let it hover gently over your skin and do its work.
5. Spritz it with some brush cleanser after each use, let it sit and then rinse before the next use.
6. Change the head every 2-3 months depending on how often you use it.
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just realised I didn't answer all the questions so here they are Smile

How much of a difference has the Clarisonic made to your skin care?

Very noticeable difference, helps cleanser along.

Is your skin less dull; do you exfoliate less; do your pores look smaller?

Clarisonic alone = a little difference.

Clarisonic + good cleanser = huge difference.

Skin is brighter and less problematic. That said I have recently started using Vitamin C and glycolic acid. The clarisonic is very useful for the glycolic acid to buff off the peeling/ dead skin which the gylcolic is helping to shed.

Ironically I am exfoiliating more now as as part of my routine.

IMHO the clarisonic is NOT an exfoliator, just a buffer and an add-on to make your cleanser work harder and more effectively.

Would you say that the Clarisonic is an indispensable part of your skin care regimen? In other words, how would things be different if you didn't have it?

YES, cleanser would not work as well. My skin would not be as cleansed as deeply or as properly as it is now.

Also, how often do you use the Clarisonic, and what is your exfoliation routine like now?

Used to use it nearly every day. Now 3-5x a week. I have started taking and interest in my skin recently and not just treating the clarisonic like a gimmick so my exfoliation regime has changed to deal with my skin concerns.

The clarisonic is not an exfoliator. It should NOT be pushed into the skin. Its a cleansing brush.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
ShiningStar77 wrote:

The clarisonic is not an exfoliator. It should NOT be pushed into the skin. Its a cleansing brush.

Thanks for all the details.

Thinking that the People that complaines about Clarisonic being harsh might be pushing on the device...

I actually, ordered yesterday. I went for the Aria because of the 3 speeds. I'm planning on asking the huby to do my upper back every now and then Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |