Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica daily microfoliant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Hi, Dagnolia. Your face should be wet when you apply it. You'll have less-than-stellar results applying it to a dry face. Splash your face with warm water, then with wet fingertips, massage onto face.

P.S., I usually do it in the shower.

thanks for the tip.

i was applying to a damp face with wet fingers... i think my hang-up is that the directions say to make a paste with the powder... when i make what i envision to be a paste-like consistency, the stuff winds up drying out pretty fast. Confused

but... i think i'm liking it better when it dries up a bit, seems more effective at getting rid of the peelies on my nose/chin.
panzz
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used this awhile back. Like another member... I finished it and never repurchased it. I am thinking of repurchasing it again! It was okay exfoliant. I enjoyed using it. Sometimes kind of messy....
ceci
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
very good product.
it can use daily, made my skin soft and smooth, also suitable for sensitive skin.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I use the Microfoliant every morning without fail. I mix it with a little of the Derm. Ultracalming cleanser and find it rolls on beautifully. I am 46 and I find the microfoliant non-drying and it makes my skin feel silky smooth. So a big fan here!
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using this for about a week now, and am very impressed. the pores on my nose look a bit reduced, and it leaves my skin so soft & smooth. i'm prone to flakiness (even more now that winter has fully asserted itself Mad). this stuff really beats the flakies! my MMU goes on so much better now.

a little of this goes a very long way, and i've taken the suggestion of using it in the shower so it doesn't dry out while i'm trying to massage it around.

excellent product. will definitely purchase a full-size when my samples run out!
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
It's a nice product which leaves my skin looking marvelously bright and more radiant.But I only use it once a week, because it has effect to remove dulling surface debris,I think it seems not necessary for dry skin or sensitive skin to use frequently.
glamourae

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I got a free sample of this from my Salon. I've used it every morning for the last 4 days and it's amazing. My skin has always been dry in some places and super oily in others. It's prone to redness and discoloration. I can definitely see a difference even after just 4 days. I'm planning on buying a full bottle. My skin feels smoother and firmer. It's a little dry, but I think that has more to do with my Neutrogina moisturizer than with the Microfoliant. I even noticed that I have less blackheads on my nose. I want to see what prolonged use does.
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
yes, this is definitely a winner. there's not too many products that i keep buying, but this is one I always keep on hand!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
ceci wrote:
very good product.
it can use daily, made my skin soft and smooth, also suitable for sensitive skin.

I have sensitive skin and, in my opinion, this product is not suitable for sensitive skin. I actually only used it on my body. Especially, I would not recommend it for skin prone to rosacea.
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Now my interest is peaked! I absolutely adored the Fresh ‘Rice Face Wash’, but unfortunately it was discontinued. It came in a powder form that you mixed with water to form a paste. It was made with rice starch and rice bran and made my face so smooth. I could not stop touching my skin! I was so sad when I learned I could no longer purchase this cleanser. I hope this is a comparable product!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Remy wrote:
Now my interest is peaked! I absolutely adored the Fresh ‘Rice Face Wash’, but unfortunately it was discontinued. It came in a powder form that you mixed with water to form a paste. It was made with rice starch and rice bran and made my face so smooth. I could not stop touching my skin! I was so sad when I learned I could no longer purchase this cleanser. I hope this is a comparable product!

I never tried the Fresh product, but it sounds almost the same. I know L'occitane also makes a rice-based exfoliant, but I like the dermalogica one so much I haven't been tempted to stray from it!
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the version of this product intended for whole body use? I wonder how it compares to the facial product.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm kind of on the defense for this one. Even though this product has received extraordinary reviews by many, it just doesn't seem to work well for me. Like for the first couple days, my skin looks great - it glows and looks clearer. But after several weeks of use, my skin starts to get sensitized and look inflamed in certain areas... I really wish it could work for me since it is such a unique product, but I think I will have to try some AHA creams instead for my exfoliant
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 am      Reply with quote
When I use this I mix it with the Dermalogica Special Cleansing gel. It stays moist!
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I was smiling when i saw this topic.
I was wondering what the hype with this product before i even tried it.
I bought it 3 weeks ago, and used it.
The results are shockingly good.
Clean and clear skin, without that super tight feeling (that you get from some exfoliator or cleanser).
I have combination skin, and i used it daily. My face looks as though i just had a facial at the salon everyday.

I find that the results of my masks are also a lot more effective, compared to when i didnt use the microfoliant before.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I would update my original review, written almost 4 years ago. I'm still a big fan of Dermalogica's Daily Microfolient. I sprinkle a little in my palm and then add a dollop of a liquid salicylic or glycolic acid cleanser (I'm rotating around a couple of brands right now). It exfoliates well and is gentle at the same time.

Jeannine wrote:
I really like Daily Microfolient and use it almost every day. I've reordered as soon as it runs out and been using it for a couple of years now. A little goes a long way. It's nice alone or mixed with other cleanser. I highly recommend it.

P.S., I was first turned on to it when I got a deluxe size sample in the mail. I've found a number of my favorite products from samples. So, attention companies: Samples, especially deluxe size, payoff!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |