Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Filler in Temples
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinned1986
5% products discount

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I am slated to get fillers in my temples next Monday. My injector is a fabulous oculoplastic surgeon who also did my undereye/tear troughs about 7 months ago. I am pretty nervous though since it seems like such a delicate and veiny part of the head near the eyes! Has anyone had filler in their temples or has it now? Anything crazy happen? I am going to be using Juvederm, as I am not quite ready to commit to a longer lasting/permanent filler. Just want to feel it out first.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have done it twice. Once I did it myself, and once a beauty buddy did it for me. Piece of cake, and it really makes an amazing difference. Be prepared that you might hear a "crunching" sound, but it does not hurt. If he is going deep you probably won't even bruise. Take a before and after so that you can appreciate the amazing difference augmenting this neglected piece of real estate can make.

Best, mis
skinned1986
5% products discount

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mismis! I have been reading a lot and am scared about skin necrosis and blindness due to the very important arteries in this region (though after I have it done, I will prob never be paranoid again).

Hopefully all this is extremely rare. I hope to have as an easy injection as you have had Smile
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Temples are not one of the areas prone to necrosis - that would be the glabella, alar area and tip of nose. Also not recommended to inject forehead lines (but botox works great in that area).

If you are going to a doctor then you are paying big bucks for impeccable anatomy knowledge and access to products that can stimulate blood flow or dissolve the filler if it impedes any veins or if you do not like the result.

No worries. PM me your email addy if you would like to see before and after of my temples. Even I was surprised! Sometimes one doesn't see how much volume has been lost until it is fixed. Do take pictures. And good luck, beauty!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I can't imagine anyone needing filler in their temples. I can't even visualize it. I would just wear a hairstyle to cover that area and spend money on my face.

Edited later to add:

I was curious about this so found a video which shows a doc from the Carolinas who says he trained with top docs in Beverly Hills. True! I remember seeing him in my doc's practice when I was there for filler a couple of years ago. Small world! http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-filler-injections-to-temples/
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
An interesting fact about filler is that when you fill high on the face, it affects the lower face - so when you fill temples, things south of that may change. It's the migration of volume to the lower face that happens to everyone with age that signals our age (among other things).

There are quite defined parameters of beauty that are transcultural. Plastic surgeons have a caliper that can measure these proportions, but in terms of the temples, a face that is perceived as beautiful is one with 5 eyes across at the level of the eyes. There are other measurements.

I am relieved to be able to wear a hairstyle without bangs, but that is a good in the meantime solution. I've not yet found a facial exercise to restore volume in this area, but am interested in one if anyone knows.

Luckily, augmentations in the temple last a long time as this is not an area with a lot of movement.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I had my temples filled over 2 years ago and the result is still lasting. Even though I have a fringe/bangs, I could always see the hollowness in that area and I thought it was very aging. To me the best thing about filling this area is that it is one of those imperceptible improvements. You just look better all round!
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I'v never done this.It seems there're some risks to do so.
skinned1986
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Just got them done an hr ago! Looks great! Did about 3/4 of a syringe on each side. Love that my face is rounded now and not slightly peanut shaped like it was before. I do have a teeny tiny bruise on each side, but not significant. I can cover it with concealer (it's more like a needle-head bruise, kinda like you get from botox sometimes). The crunching sound was pretty scary though!
skinned1986
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Also, if anyone is curious as to how I prevent major bruising, this is the regimen I follow for 2 weeks before each time I do fillers. So far it has worked for me:

2 Bromelain per day (morning and night)
3 Vitamin C per day (morning, lunch, and night)
2 Iron tablets per day (morning and night)
3 Arnica 3X per day (morning, lunch, and night)
No alcohol

Works for me, though I know everyone is different. I have done fillers in tear troughs, nasolabial folds and apples of cheeks before today. The temples and nasolabial folds were the only places I have ever bruised, and the bruises were only size of a pin head.

Obviously, everyone is different and I don't over-fill, which maybe also helps with bruising? Have used only a total of 3 syringes of Juvederm spread in 4 areas of my face over almost a year's period at this point.
skinned1986
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Oops! Didn't specify my amounts per tablets:

2: 500 mg Bromelain tablets per day (morning and night)

3: 500 mg Vitamin C tablets per day (morning, lunch, and night)

2: 65 mg Iron tablets per day (morning and night)

3 Arnica 3X per day (morning, lunch, and night)
Edwardmckee

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
skinned1986 wrote:
Hello! I am slated to get fillers in my temples next Monday. My injector is a fabulous oculoplastic surgeon who also did my undereye/tear troughs about 7 months ago. I am pretty nervous though since it seems like such a delicate and veiny part of the head near the eyes! Has anyone had filler in their temples or has it now? Anything crazy happen? I am going to be using Juvederm, as I am not quite ready to commit to a longer lasting/permanent filler. Just want to feel it out first.

Juvederm is a good product, but restylane is also quite effective in this regard. If you are trying it for first than also consider Restylane.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I had radiesse injected in my temples. I needed a full syringe on each side - big bucks! It lasted nearly a year, I saw no migration of the filler. I am now doing sculptra in that area as well as the holowing under my cheekbones. It is a slower process as you have to wait a month or more to see results. My doctor is cautious and we are slowly building up (just had the third vial - but this is also being spread in other areas). This is expensive, but the results can last years.
As I've aged my hairline has receded a bit, and my hair generally is much finer since menopause - it would be one very weird stiff hairstle to cover the temples totally!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |