Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Game Changing Mascaras
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I am selling dreams in a jar, who wants to buy? Only $500 for an ounce of dreams, pls pm Wink....

Hey! Hey! Over here! I can get it for you cheaper! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
But how do we KNOW that side hasnt been shopped to make her look worse? Can you really trust anything you see?

If that's "worse" I think must of us would take it!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Here's an interesting article about the manufacture of mascara that you may be interested in:
http://intothegloss.com/2013/09/best-mascara-2013-expert-tips/
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
That was an interesting read! Personally, the brush is my biggest gripe. The only mascara brush that I've ever liked is the Benefit They're Real one. It is the topiary style - it has a spiky ball on the end of the wand. I like applying mascara using the tip of the wand, so this works very well. I wish more brands would adopt this method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
That was an interesting read! Personally, the brush is my biggest gripe. The only mascara brush that I've ever liked is the Benefit They're Real one. It is the topiary style - it has a spiky ball on the end of the wand. I like applying mascara using the tip of the wand, so this works very well. I wish more brands would adopt this method.

I think Givenchy has that style of brush too.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Givenchy Noir Couture $32USD

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes $30USD

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion $15USD

If you go to Sephora's website they will show you their menu of mascaras and wands. Everything under the sun.
http://www.sephora.com/mascara-eyes-makeup

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
The 2nd Givenchy style one is what I'm talking about - except the Benefit one has longer plastic spikes - like one of those medieval weapons!

Who knew there was an encyclopaedia of mascara wands!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is Tarantino Fleur de Lash. Sephora no longer has it. Its the perfect combination of a thin buildable mascara that never flakes or crumbles or smears. No fibers to get under my contacts either. Perfect black shade. Doesnt make my eyes itch. Brush isnt anything remarkable but it has a little "finger" on the end that I use to get the tiny lashes covered. Doesnt leave too much mascara on the brush. Leaves lashes fluffy and full and soft. Removes with my usual SircuitSkin X-Trap+ cleanser.

http://www.tarinatarantino.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=13527&idcategory=49

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Its not anything new. How old is the concept of "Hope in a Jar"? Philosophy (brand name) didnt invent it. Altho there are some ingredients out there (not saying Philosophy brand has them tho) that really do work.

All mascara has to do is make the lashes look darker and fuller really.

I love "hope in a jar", lol.
Esp how they have one that is called hope in a jar and it comes in a tube .lol

For false advertising, how come no one ever mentions the pantene or conditioner ads?

-the ones that say "hair 2x stronger"?

and then at the bottom of the advert it says "2x stromger hair vs. hair without conditioner".

I'm not too sure what mascara is amazing.
I have very long eyelashes without it, but they are quite blonde.
I do not wear mascara every day or it seems to dry out my lashes.

I used to use Mavala lash conditioner and it did make my lashes stronger,but I just haven't bothered as I do not use mascara as much thesedays.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I place no hopes in jars or tubes, only in the 8th wonder of the world: compound interest LOL

That said, thanks for all the mascara stuff, mascara is my thing....I am pale, lashes are long but blonde....mascara changes my look completely, I never leave home without it Bad Grin

I shudder to think how many I've tried in the past year or so because my old standbys were discontinued (but! after I tossed the tubes, I kept the brushes, washed and dried them)

Mascara is so weird - two current favorites, one is $4 a tube and the other is $30...the higher one from Chanel, the cheaper brand name I forget - found it on MUA...

My biggest issue is that I can't really wear this carbon black or any black....I need dark brown or even auburn or colors....black makes me look like I'm headed to the nearest street corner to earn a little pocket change.

Thanks all, BFG

PS - jom so great to see you hear again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Street corner girl! I like the slutty sultry look meself so I load on the carbon black when I have occasion to! And hike up the shelf. Hey why not Im harmless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

PS - jom so great to see you hear again.

Thanks BFG, I thought I would wander back in and see what's going on here.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of the drugstore and high end brands are made by the same company.

L'oreal owns at least 30+ brands, Estee Lauder owns at least 20+ brands of cosmetics.

knowing this I do not buy super expensive makeup often.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Best mascara's for me after having tried a little more than a few: Cheapest first
~ Clump Crusher by Cover Girl
~ They're Real - Benefit
~ Peter Thomas Roth: Lashes to die for

Also like: Lash Discovery by Maybelline
A Jordana product - amazing discovery mascara at a fab price.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |