Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Retin-A and skin waxing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I intend to start Retin-A soon and have one concern:

Like many natural blonds, I have a lot of downy facial hair, which I remove with wax - along my jaw and on my upper lip. I use the microwave-type wax that does not stick to the skin, only the hair.

Would this wax be okay to use with Retin-A? I hate depilatories (the stench!) and don't want to start shaving it. Anybody know, or to those who use Retin-A and have excess facial hair, what do you do to remove it?

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes its ok to use is with Retin-A.........
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just be careful as I've actually taken skin off myself. My skin is thinner due to the retinA, even though it's suppose to thicken it. lets say its more sensitive...
If you wax with the proper technique and hold off a few days with the retinA before you wax then its no problem. I find that works wonders, just a short break then I wax. But I mostly go to a salon now as I'm too chicken after what I did to myself. Embarassed
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Yea, I've heard the same thing and it's why I asked. The wax I use is not the kind you use with strips, that kind sticks to your skin as well as your hair. I use the microwave kind, which grips the hair but not the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I would give your skin a 1-3 day break from Retin-A before waxing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Cool! Relieved to hear it's mostly okay, as I was at a loss. The hair is pale, but it's quite noticeable when makeup sticks to it, so it's good to know I can keep removing it!

I've decided to start R-A in January. I don't want red and flaky during the holidays and hope I can get the initial "orientation" period over with in the late winter/early spring.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yes totally agree, I stop at least 3 days prior and when I took skin off I did use the strips. The proper wax is the best. That's what I was told too. Those strips are the worst. Sad
Goodluck with the retin-A. I found that starting off v.slowly the "flaking" period wasn't too bad.
GL
Missmamselle

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I have some downy facial hair on my upper lip and I also use retin a. Facial threading is great. It leaves skin undisturbed. Have it done once then learn to do it yourself, if you like it. I learned through tutorials in the internet.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Just be careful as I've actually taken skin off myself. My skin is thinner due to the retinA, even though it's suppose to thicken it. lets say its more sensitive...
If you wax with the proper technique and hold off a few days with the retinA before you wax then its no problem. I find that works wonders, just a short break then I wax. But I mostly go to a salon now as I'm too chicken after what I did to myself. Embarassed

I would have to agree with you even though I don't do this. I may have to with age, but I had the same thought. With years of using Retin-A, it would thin out your skin, so I agree with your comment.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |