Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Red LED caused redish spots? Worried.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
akami
5% products discount

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 am      Reply with quote
So I am about 5 days into using my Aurora Sirius. I have been using it daily, the red light. Yesterday I noticed there are 2 strange looking red spots on my face, they are small, about 1/2 cm in diameter, one is on my cheek and one under my eye. I don't think I have seen such spots on my face before so I don't even know what to call them. I have eczema so at first I thought that was it but it doesn't look quite like it. The one on my cheek is not dry, just red, not bright red, though, the texture doesn't feel like eczema. I guess maybe it looks like somewhat of a burn? Hard to describe. The one under my eye feels slightly raised, maybe because it is on the most delicate skin.

I feel it is from the LED, since it is an unusually looking blemish. I am a bit worried and I hope it will disappear soon. I read some people get hyperpigmentation with LED so I worry that these spots could turn into a dark permanent spots. I have pretty light skin and I am usually not prone to hyperpimentation.

Any ideas what it could be, and is it temporary? I tried to google it but didn't find much, besides some people saying it made their dark spots worse. I vaguely remember reading something here about the LED making your skin look worse temporarily and then making it better. Is it the case of temporary uglies?

I am going to take a break until the spots disappear (hopefully they will) but I wanted to see if anyone had similar experience and if the spots were temporary and in the long run the LED still improved the skin.
TIA.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have an answer for you, but a question - do you move the light in small circles while you're using it? I remember reading a woman's comment that the area around her mouth got a circular "tattoo" from holding the light in one place. If I recall correctly, she said it disappeared after a couple of days and that it did not reoccur once she started using the light correctly.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I have, for the most part been moving it around but I do at times stop for a few moments. Honestly I don't understand the point of having to move the light constantly, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think other devices such as LightStim or Baby Quasar don't require you to move it around in circles. They say just to keep it at one spot for 3 minutes, then move to the next. Am I right?

Why would then Aurora be any different? If anything, the other devices are more powerful so if those are ok to stay put in one place why wouldn't a less intense Aurora be ok with just staying in one place for 3 minutes?

I also wondered if I was getting the correct amount amount of energy per spot with all the moving around. When you think about it, the device that says stay on one spot for 3 minutes then move to the next, gives you certain amount of energy for that one spot, so it is easy to measure. With Aurora you just don't know, since you move around. Even if we know what the amount of Joules per 3 minutes is, that amount doesn't go into one spot but all over the place.

Also, Aurora tells you to use it 3-4 times a week, not daily. LightStim is to be used daily, and again, LightStim is stronger as far as I know, so why not use Aurora every day? I was using it daily at first, now I am going to do every other day. I still have the spots, they turned a little dry now and not as red.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I'm pretty much brand new to LED so I don't have an answer for you.

I might start doing mine without the circling. It gets a little tiring! It will take longer but I don't care - it's not that big of an imposition when I'm sitting at the computer or watching a movie. Of course, I am brand new to it. 3 months from now I might be well sick of it! LOL

5% products discount

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 am      Reply with quote
How is Aurora going for you?

So, I am starting to think that LED is not for me. Or maybe I need a different light, or maybe I need to do it less frequently.

So after those 2 spots I posted about some time ago disappeared (almost, I still see it slightly) I started using the light again.

This morning I woke up with quite a few blemishes, one side had a whole area red and the other just 2 spots. Again, this could be coincidental but I don't think so. The spots look similar to the ones last time, just more and worse I'd say, it looks like some sort of inflammation I guess. Some spots almost look like a pimple but it's not one, nothing to squeeze just a little inflamed bump. I will post a picture if I figure out how.

I wish someone could tell me what these are from. Is it too much light, should I do it less often? Is it this particular kind, the Aurora? I wanted to buy a more expensive light like LightStim or ProLight or StarLite but now I am not sure if I should. Does it mean the LED is not good for my skin, is it because I do too much, or is it just the Aurora a maybe I would have a better reaction with different brand of LED?

This forum doesn't seem so active as I thought when I joined (I saw 100+ page threads so I thought it would be more busy with current posts and replies) so I guess I won't get an answer. And maybe no one even experienced anything similar. Maybe it's not even from the LED, who knows, but I am stopping it for now. I was so excited about it so I am pretty bummed. I may keep using it on my hands which haven't reacted badly.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:32 am      Reply with quote
There was someone else who posted here that they had a bad reaction to LED too. It may be that you're just unlucky enough to be a person that reacts badly too. Sad

I'm doing great with my Aurora - I think it's working! But it's very time consuming.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I have the Quasar MD which is quite strong and yes you are supposed to move it around in circles , I often dont remember to do this! I have also had the lightstim therapy light, the only marks I have ever had have been an impression on my skin of the light dimples, from pressing too hard.

Oh the quasar md is only used once a week and I have stuck to it as it is quite strong, so if the instructions dont advise every day use I dont think I would either.

It does sound little suspicious though, how about contacting the sellers and talking to them?

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 am      Reply with quote
akami wrote:
How is Aurora going for you?

So, I am starting to think that LED is not for me. Or maybe I need a different light, or maybe I need to do it less frequently.

So after those 2 spots I posted about some time ago disappeared (almost, I still see it slightly) I started using the light again.

This morning I woke up with quite a few blemishes, one side had a whole area red and the other just 2 spots. Again, this could be coincidental but I don't think so. The spots look similar to the ones last time, just more and worse I'd say, it looks like some sort of inflammation I guess. Some spots almost look like a pimple but it's not one, nothing to squeeze just a little inflamed bump. I will post a picture if I figure out how.

I wish someone could tell me what these are from. Is it too much light, should I do it less often? Is it this particular kind, the Aurora? I wanted to buy a more expensive light like LightStim or ProLight or StarLite but now I am not sure if I should. Does it mean the LED is not good for my skin, is it because I do too much, or is it just the Aurora a maybe I would have a better reaction with different brand of LED?

This forum doesn't seem so active as I thought when I joined (I saw 100+ page threads so I thought it would be more busy with current posts and replies) so I guess I won't get an answer. And maybe no one even experienced anything similar. Maybe it's not even from the LED, who knows, but I am stopping it for now. I was so excited about it so I am pretty bummed. I may keep using it on my hands which haven't reacted badly.

Hi, I'm really late reading this thread and maybe you've already moved on but the symptoms you are describing remind me of rosacea pustules/papules. I don't mean to diagnose you via the internet, I'm no doc, it's just a thought, nothing more. I have rosacea and the led lights, especially if they get too warm while I'm using them, definitely cause irritation like what you described, I'm not actually sold on the red lights...I've had a baby quasar for years. It's supposed to be helpful for rosacea but I just don't see results?

Take care.

-C
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |