Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TENS, EMS, MENS, MC + DIY Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
{ Moderator: Hi All, Just a note that this thread has been split into its own topic from the Pico Toner Reviews thread }
------
I said on a different thread that I had created a "Makeshift Pico Toner" by getting an EMS/Tens combination machine (using only the EMS portion) and silver electrode gloves. For those of you who would like a Pico Toner but can't afford the $600 price tag, you can do the same thing for less than $75. Here is a really nice EMS/TENS combo unit that already comes with the snap connectors; no need to purchase the adapter, like I had to:

You can get that here for $42.99:

http://www.globalcaremarket.com/us/tens-ems-buy-pain-relief-control-factory-wholesale.html

You can get the silver electrode gloves from Amazon for $32:

You can get those here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009T8EBXG/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put together my "Makeshift Pico Toner" before I had actually ever even heard of a Pico Toner because I read in one of Dr. Perricone's books about EMS for facial rejuvenation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a listing for a couple different conductive sprays for pretty cheap if you don't want to make your own or buy the one from Neurotris. One has 60 trace minerals that may be of interest to some.

http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-Electrolyte-Electrode-Treatment-Electrotherapy/dp/B00B5JYV9Q/ref=sr_1_14?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1381605380&sr=1-14&keywords=conductive+therapy+shop

http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-Electrolyte-Electrode-Treatment-Electrotherapy/dp/B00AMVTT2W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_3

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:

You can get those here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009T8EBXG/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a premium set of gloves from the same provider that comes in different sizes (along with some other stuff).

http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-Electrode-Treatment-Neuropathy-Electrotherapy/dp/B009MGPIM8/ref=sr_1_9?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1381612942&sr=1-9

I wonder if there are probes to go with the unit you posted above?
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Here is a premium set of gloves from the same provider that comes in different sizes (along with some other stuff).

http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-Electrode-Treatment-Neuropathy-Electrotherapy/dp/B009MGPIM8/ref=sr_1_9?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1381612942&sr=1-9

I wonder if there are probes to go with the unit you posted above?

Very cool. Thank you; I hadn't seen those before. There might be probes to go with the regular EMS/TENS connectors. The unit I showed above is special in that it already has the "snap" connectors that go perfectly with the gloves. (That's not normal with these machines.) With mine, I had to order adapters to be able to use the gloves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
I said on a different thread that I had created a "Makeshift Pico Toner" by getting an EMS/Tens combination machine (using only the EMS portion) and silver electrode gloves. For those of you who would like a Pico Toner but can't afford the $600 price tag, you can do the same thing for less than $75. Here is a really nice EMS/TENS combo unit that already comes with the snap connectors; no need to purchase the adapter, like I had to:

You can get that here for $42.99:

http://www.globalcaremarket.com/us/tens-ems-buy-pain-relief-control-factory-wholesale.html

You can get those here:

I put together my "Makeshift Pico Toner" before I had actually ever even heard of a Pico Toner because I read in one of Dr. Perricone's books about EMS for facial rejuvenation.

AFAIK, EMS/TENS is not the same thing as MC, is it? Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Here is an article on the differences:

http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensandEMS/DifferentTypesEMS.shtml

And an overview from Merrylass:

Merrylass wrote:
I've posted this a few months ago on another forum when someone asked about home microcurrent devices. I have and use various microcurrent, EMS, and TENS home devices for different purposes. The study of frequency-specific therapies has evolved since the early 1900's and there are studies that show specific frequencies are effective for different treatments. For instance,

Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS): 20,000 - 80,000 microamps (20 - 80 milliamps) stimulates the nerves at the higher amperage to block pain and contract muscles at the lower amperage. TENS devices deliver milliamp currents and block pain messages and are used in many pain therapies. I use a TENS unit for back pain and on the few occasions when I've injured a muscle.

Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS): 8,000 - 20,000 microamps (8 - 20 milliamps). EMS is used for muscle contractions (think of resistance training). EMS devices deliver milliamp currents similar to TENS devices but each company/device may have different strengths and pulses. I use EMS devices to fine tune muscles -- I use the Facemaster and BMR Facial Toner (Slendertone) instead of doing facial exercises and the Flex Belt suite of devices for abs, tush, and arms as adjuncts to my regular exercises.

Microcurrent: 0 - 8000 microamps (or 0 - 8 milliamps). ATP production occurs in the 20 - 500 microamps range (or 0.02 - 0.5 milliamps) -- this is the range that rejuvenates soft tissue. Not all of the home microcurrent devices are really in this range. I believe only NuFace has publicly revealed their technical specs. NuFace ranges from 0 - 500 microamps (in the ATP production range) -- and I did confirm by calling Isomers that the Nutritone is also in the 0-500 microamps range. Facemaster and Serious Skincare EGG are sold as microcurrent devices which means that they should technically be in the 0 - 8000 microamps (8000 microamps = 8 milliamps) -- both Facemaster and EGG have multiple intensity settings so the lower intensities could well be in the ATP production range -- or above ATP production range at the higher intensities. I use both Isomers Nutritone and the Facemaster Platinum.

Again, each frequency serves different purposes. If you think of ATP production = improvement in soft tissues, then you want the lower microamps (under 500 microamps). The reason I use multiple devices is to target the different signs of aging -- Nutritone helps with firming the soft tissues (skin), the Facemaster and BMR Facial Toner work on the underlying facial muscles, and I use massage and topicals (including Retin-A) to keep the skin tight and healthy. Each product has it's role -- it's important to understand what you want to accomplish.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a FAQ from Neurotris which is appropriate to the current discussion.

Pico Toner FAQ's # 12

We have received some great questions and prefer to share the answers with all Pico owners.

Question:

I purchased the magic gloves:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Gloves-Skin-Care-Beauty-Equipment-New-beauty-Device-Wrinkle-Removal-L-/151010424932?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
It was mentioned on the EDS forum that this unit from China was a “knock Off” of the Pico Toner.
I am very disappointed because I cannot get it to work.

Here is another:
Can you tell me if any of these units are similar the Pico Toner?
Thanks

Answer:

These devices from China are nothing like the Pico Toner. The magic gloves in that eBay ad will not work in North America because it requires 220vac. You will have to purchase an expensive, heavy and dangerous step up transformer in order to operate the device. I am surprised that was not disclosed to you. I went to the ad and see that the seller does not state clearly that a step up transformer is required for all sales in North America. If you look closely in the specification section you will see 220v there.
The seller should be clearer and disclose this important information and not be so deceptive. We have tested that device and found once we connect it to the transformer the leakage current was above recommended safe levels and do not recommend you use this device with the transformer.

Maybe you can return and get your money back..

The device seen on Amazon again is a device from China and is nothing like the Pico Toner and is marketed as a device used to relieve pain and not a facial sculptor. The first generation microcurrent devices were TENS / EMS units and mostly used for therapeutic purposes and for pain control. The Product description for this device states it achieves strong muscle contractions and used for relieving pain not for facial sculpting. NeurotriS manufactures machines for facial and body sculpting. The SX101 and SX50 body sculpting microcurrent machines that is specific to the body and output signals that are NOT to be used on the face.

The way these China machines are being marketed, FDA clearance is required. Most all China machines are not FDA cleared therefore not legal to market in the USA. Be warned that if you are ordering from overseas, chances are your order may never clear customs as the FDA is cracking down on these devices that do not have proper clearance. The NeurotriS Pico Toner is FDA Cleared and the NeurotriS sculpting gloves are also FDA Cleared.

Here below is an FAQ email we sent out in the past regarding EMS / TENS devices:

The research by Cheng demonstrated a significant difference between electrical stimulators known as EMS /TENS devices and those classified as microcurrent stimulators. The research showed that treating with currents below 1000 ua (less than 1 milli Amp) is considered efficacious. Treating with currents over 1000 ua depleted intracellular ATP and shut down the Kreb's Cycle, having the reverse effect. EMS / TENS-type devises, such as some hand held devices on the market today use as much as 3000 ua or more and AC signals that penetrate directly to the muscle causing strong visible muscle contractions. When used cumulatively, muscles can become flaccid. It is not recommended to used EMS / TENS devices that target the muscles eliciting strong contractions on the face. The Pico Toner is not in the same category as EMS / TENS devices. The fact is, not all stimulators are created the same. The Pico Toner’s second generation patented delivery system (Constant Waveform Morphology) and unique signatures affects the tissues differently and cannot be compared equally to other devices.The way that the unique signatures / current affects the tissue and the results that are achieved are completely dependent on the sophistication of the engineering that takes place between the power source and the output accessories used (Gloves, Probes or Pads).

Another interesting point to consider in EMS / TENS devices that use simple AC / Biphasic signals is that in addition to the skin acting like a resistor, the epidermis acts like a capacitor if placed in contact with a piece of metal (the underlying tissue is like one plate of a capacitor and the metal surface is like the other plate - the dry epidermis is the less-conductive material or "dielectric" in between). With devices that output simple AC signals, the epidermis's natural resistance is "shorted out", allowing the current to bypass through making the skin resistance very low and the current high enough to cause strong visible muscle contractions. Again cumulative treatments with these devices are not recommended as this will deplete the intracellular ATP.

Most devices today are either overpowered or underpowered because the signals are not in tune with and or do not take into consideration body & tissue impedance factors. Just by adjusting the signal, the skin / tissues can have high resistance / impedance or low resistance “complete short” allowing the signals to pass through. This makes it challenging to achieve maximum benefits given various skin types.

The Pico Toner and its patented second generation technology (Constant Waveform Morphology) and unique signatures takes into consideration skin impedances factors allowing for maximum benefits given various skin types. You probably have heard the old cliché “you get what you pay for”

Patricia
patricia@neurotris.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
daler wrote:

Here is an article on the differences:

http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensandEMS/DifferentTypesEMS.shtml

And an overview from Merrylass:

Merrylass wrote:
I've posted this a few months ago on another forum when someone asked about home microcurrent devices. I have and use various microcurrent, EMS, and TENS home devices for different purposes. The study of frequency-specific therapies has evolved since the early 1900's and there are studies that show specific frequencies are effective for different treatments. For instance,

Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS): 20,000 - 80,000 microamps (20 - 80 milliamps) stimulates the nerves at the higher amperage to block pain and contract muscles at the lower amperage. TENS devices deliver milliamp currents and block pain messages and are used in many pain therapies. I use a TENS unit for back pain and on the few occasions when I've injured a muscle.

Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS): 8,000 - 20,000 microamps (8 - 20 milliamps). EMS is used for muscle contractions (think of resistance training). EMS devices deliver milliamp currents similar to TENS devices but each company/device may have different strengths and pulses. I use EMS devices to fine tune muscles -- I use the Facemaster and BMR Facial Toner (Slendertone) instead of doing facial exercises and the Flex Belt suite of devices for abs, tush, and arms as adjuncts to my regular exercises.

Microcurrent: 0 - 8000 microamps (or 0 - 8 milliamps). ATP production occurs in the 20 - 500 microamps range (or 0.02 - 0.5 milliamps) -- this is the range that rejuvenates soft tissue. Not all of the home microcurrent devices are really in this range. I believe only NuFace has publicly revealed their technical specs. NuFace ranges from 0 - 500 microamps (in the ATP production range) -- and I did confirm by calling Isomers that the Nutritone is also in the 0-500 microamps range. Facemaster and Serious Skincare EGG are sold as microcurrent devices which means that they should technically be in the 0 - 8000 microamps (8000 microamps = 8 milliamps) -- both Facemaster and EGG have multiple intensity settings so the lower intensities could well be in the ATP production range -- or above ATP production range at the higher intensities. I use both Isomers Nutritone and the Facemaster Platinum.

Again, each frequency serves different purposes. If you think of ATP production = improvement in soft tissues, then you want the lower microamps (under 500 microamps). The reason I use multiple devices is to target the different signs of aging -- Nutritone helps with firming the soft tissues (skin), the Facemaster and BMR Facial Toner work on the underlying facial muscles, and I use massage and topicals (including Retin-A) to keep the skin tight and healthy. Each product has it's role -- it's important to understand what you want to accomplish.

In one of Dr. Perricone's books he tested an EMS machine with gloves for facial rejuvenation on an aging human patient (who had once been a model or actress or something but was now a photographer, due to her facial aging issues) and it worked and worked very well. This was not something that had been done before, from what I understood from the book. But it worked when Dr. Perricone put it to the test.

I can understand that the Pico Toner people don't want you to think that you can get a less expensive machine and have it work for facial rejuvenation. After all, they want you to purchase their $600 machine. The EMS machines may not work exactly the same way the Pico Toner works (or they may, who knows?); however, they can and do work very well for facial rejuvenation. The silver gloves sold by Amazon work just fine in a regular EMS/TENS combo machine. I know this for a fact because I, myself, have done it. They work just fine in North America; I'm in Washington State. And the EMS/TENS machine I have did NOT come from China; it came from a company right here in North America. Here is what I have:

http://www.medi-stim.com/stims/nmes/omnicare.html

http://www.medi-stim.com/downloads/OmniCare_web.pdf

The TENS portion of the unit is for pain control. EMS is not. EMS stands for Electrical Muscle Stimulation and it can (and does) stimulate the muscles in the face, as well as muscles in other portions of the body.

Regardless of the Pico Toner/NeurotriS people's FAQ answers, do your own research and make educated and intelligent decisions for yourself. If you can't comfortably afford $600 for a facial rejuvenation unit, you most certainly can do similar facial rejuvenation with a much less expensive machine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rhetoric about machines coming from China and either not working at all in North America or needing FDA approval as well as stuff about how the machines that are available are over or underpowered (what????) sounds to like it was specifically set up to confuse people so that they are willing to fork over $600 to the Pico Toner/NeurotriS people for their machine. That sort of information is not correct at all and, as such, is propaganda and not real "information".

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Here is a FAQ from Neurotris which is appropriate to the current discussion.

Pico Toner FAQ's # 12

The way these China machines are being marketed, FDA clearance is required. Most all China machines are not FDA cleared therefore not legal to market in the USA. Be warned that if you are ordering from overseas, chances are your order may never clear customs as the FDA is cracking down on these devices that do not have proper clearance. The NeurotriS Pico Toner is FDA Cleared and the NeurotriS sculpting gloves are also FDA Cleared.

Patricia
patricia@neurotris.com

This just means some of the machine from China are claiming in the ads to have a medical (pain relief etc) use for which you have to be FDA approved. Which means you have to submit a PDA that provides reasonable assurance of the device’s safety and effectiveness. If these companies either don't make medical claims or change the wording they will be ok.

To be FDA cleared like Pico is, just means that you have a device that is like a product that is already being marketed for the same use. (ie: other microcurrent machines) It doesn't have anything to do with safety or being proven to work.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194460.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:46 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

To be FDA cleared like Pico is, just means that you have a device that is like a product that is already being marketed for the same use. (ie: other microcurrent machines) It doesn't have anything to do with safety or being proven to work.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194460.htm

I think Lacy did quite allot of research on this topic, so she would be the best person to comment - but from what I remember, microcurrent and EMS come under the same categorisation - they're not treated as separate modalities. Further, the Pico is not registered in the same category as the NuFace - Neutrosis chose the less stringent option. Hopefully, Lacy will elaborate on this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Info on EMS and microcurrent:

Quote:
3. What is Microcurrent?

Microcurrent is a low-volt battery powered TENS device which works in the same manner as a TENS. Because its output is in microamps rather than milliamps (TENS), treatment length can be extended giving longer treatments of pain relief to the user.

4. What is the purpose of a Microcurrent device?

Microcurrent is used in the treatment of chronic (long-term) intractable pain and as an adjunctive treatment in the management of post surgical and post traumatic acute pain management. Microcurrent is often used for treatment of TMJ, migraine headache, and in situations requiring long-term treatment.

5. What is EMS?

EMS is an acronym for Electronic Muscle Stimulation. EMS is the process of using weak electrical impulses to the nerve endings to contract and relax muscles. It produces passive exercise by sending electrical impulses to the selected muscle groups to contract or relax them.

6. What is the purpose of an EMS device?

EMS therapy can be used to relax muscles that have been overworked or inflamed from too much exercise or an external injury that caused the muscle to tighten and become stressed. EMS can also be used to strengthen muscles that have become atrophied from lack of use. Some athletes and body builders use EMS, along with an exercise program to build and tone muscles.
http://advancemedequip1.com/faqs.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone who gets the cheapie Chinese microcurrent will be disappointed. I have the bio wave from Ebay and it isn't even in the same ballpark. The gloves are not the same as the Pico gloves either.
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Anyone who gets the cheapie Chinese microcurrent will be disappointed. I have the bio wave from Ebay and it isn't even in the same ballpark. The gloves are not the same as the Pico gloves either.

Of course the BioWave isn't the same...did you really need to spend $14 to compare it to a $600 device? I would surely hope not. But for my purposes it is just fine, considering it is 42 times cheaper and still packs a punch. And did you buy the cheaper gloves to compare first hand?

But now I am intrigued...I may just have to purchase the Pico in order to present an unbiased review. Oh wait...other people have already done that, so I guess I will pass.

Eta: Angela, I may go your route since it was recommended by Dr perricone. I may PM you about components before I purchase.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I don't have a cheapie Chinese microcurrent machine. I have the Medi-Stim, Inc. Omni-Care EMS/TENS combination unit, manufactured right here in the United States (in Wabasha, MN). And I have the silver conductive gloves shown on Amazon. Which work just fine with my machine, I might add.

Remember, I wasn't trying to equal a Pico Toner. I hadn't even heard of it when I got my components. I got my idea from Dr. Perricone, who helped an aging patient to rejuvenate her face with an EMS machine and gloves. And it worked beautifully. No disappointment there. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Of course the BioWave isn't the same...did you really need to spend $14 to compare it to a $600 device? I would surely hope not. But for my purposes it is just fine, considering it is 42 times cheaper and still packs a punch. And did you buy the cheaper gloves to compare first hand?

But now I am intrigued...I may just have to purchase the Pico in order to present an unbiased review. Oh wait...other people have already done that, so I guess I will pass.

Eta: Angela, I may go your route since it was recommended by Dr perricone. I may PM you about components before I purchase.

Not a problem. I'll show you exactly what I currently have. I also ordered the EMS/TENS machine I found the other day that has the snap connectors; it cost only $42 (which, if I remember right, the EMS/TENS unit I have also cost) and I wanted to try it out as it appears to be quite a bit simpler and easier to understand. I'm not personally very "techie" so mechanical/computer type things have to be pretty simple for me. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I don't have a cheapie Chinese microcurrent machine. I have the Medi-Stim, Inc. Omni-Care EMS/TENS combination unit, manufactured right here in the United States (in Wabasha, MN). And I have the silver conductive gloves shown on Amazon. Which work just fine with my machine, I might add.

Remember, I wasn't trying to equal a Pico Toner. I hadn't even heard of it when I got my components. I got my idea from Dr. Perricone, who helped an aging patient to rejuvenate her face with an EMS machine and gloves. And it worked beautifully, I might add. No disappointment there. Smile

now I am motivated too, to get those gloves. I already have the IF 4000 Inferential unit already, does this qualify for an EMS or is it too strong? I got it for my lower back issues. ( it says deep stimulation):

http://www.allegromedical.com/pain-management-c6489/if-4000-interferential-unit-p561960.html?campaign=google&net=s&src=&adid=32115734358&bkw=if%204000%20interferential&gclid=CKWktMj2l7oCFYSd4AodYjoAqw

TIA!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

now I am motivated too, to get those gloves. I already have the IF 4000 Inferential unit already, does this qualify for an EMS or is it too strong? I got it for my lower back issues. ( it says deep stimulation):

http://www.allegromedical.com/pain-management-c6489/if-4000-interferential-unit-p561960.html?campaign=google&net=s&src=&adid=32115734358&bkw=if%204000%20interferential&gclid=CKWktMj2l7oCFYSd4AodYjoAqw

TIA!

I'm not sure exactly what the unit you have is; it sounds like it might be a Tens unit since it's used for pain. Tens isn't quite the same as EMS (a couple of the posts above explain the differences) but you can always get the gloves and try it out. If you don't find that it does anything, you can get an EMS unit; you can find several different brands of EMS/TENS combo units that sell for around $42.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Daler, I was looking on the website if the link you provided. I have no idea if your machine will work (sorry) but did see a listing for a microcurrent electrical nerve stimulator. It had both micro and milliamps. It also has a positive, negative and bipolar polarity setting. It doesn't mention what kind of wave signal it has and you would have to get gloves or rods because it comes with pads. It is $94 dollars so it is more expensive then the one listed above and I have no idea how good it is. Just thought I would mention it if someone was interested.

http://www.allegromedical.com/electrotherapy-c561/micro-plus-microcurrent-electrical-nerve-stimulator-p557516.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Gloves-Skin-Care-Beauty-Equipment-New-beauty-Device-Wrinkle-Removal-L-/151010424932?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Above is an ebay seller selling microcurrent at an inexpensive price. I pulled this from a previous posting. For the unsuspecting person you might assume this would work in North America (Canada and the U.S.) and it doesn't. This is 220 volt unit. Obviously you'd have to have a converter, etc in North America. Buyer Beware. It pays to read the fine print.

I also want to mention how innovative of Angela to put together her own microcurrent device based on Perricone's advice. It sounds very interesting. If I was going to experiment on another set-up I'd try it.
I am believer in the benefits of microcurrent. That is why I bought the $14.00 unit - after seeing many pages of results about it on the thread devoted to it I had to try for myself and see about results... I did not discount the reviews nor the possibility but I had to compare.

In the final analysis for those who actually got some form of result with the $14 unit, the results would be fabulous with a Pico.
Pico is the kind of device you just have to use because you know you are going to look better, rested, younger. I won't go to any big event without giving it a spin ahead of time and the results stay with me for several days. I expect it will become more and more cumulative.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi Daler, I was looking on the website if the link you provided. I have no idea if your machine will work (sorry) but did see a listing for a microcurrent electrical nerve stimulator. It had both micro and milliamps. It also has a positive, negative and bipolar polarity setting. It doesn't mention what kind of wave signal it has and you would have to get gloves or rods because it comes with pads. It is $94 dollars so it is more expensive then the one listed above and I have no idea how good it is. Just thought I would mention it if someone was interested.

http://www.allegromedical.com/electrotherapy-c561/micro-plus-microcurrent-electrical-nerve-stimulator-p557516.html

Thanks Angela, I think u r right it's for deep pain relief but may be I ll give it shot on the lowest setting

Thanks Cookie ,I have that micro plus as well, in white color. I got that in 2008 I believe, when I 1st heard about MC and face lift, I used it then but not long enough and with pads and then I got 2 prongs as well, may be I should use it with gloves.. I mentioned/asked about this MC device in the pico thread initially but no one responded n I figured that may be it's not suitable for facial rejuvenation...
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Thanks Angela, I think u r right it's for deep pain relief but may be I ll give it shot on the lowest setting

Thanks Cookie ,I have that micro plus as well, in white color. I got that in 2008 I believe, when I 1st heard about MC and face lift, I used it then but not long enough and with pads and tehn I got 2 prongs as well, may be I should use it with gloves.. I mentioned/asked about this MC device in the pico thread initially but no one responded n I figured that may be it's not suitable for facial rejuvenation...

Hi Daler, if you already have it I would certainly give it a go. I am not sure if you would get any results with the pads because I have never used those with microcurrent. If you can rig it to work with gloves or rods I would try that and see what if any results you can achieve. Very Happy Good luck

ETA: I think the Pico comes with the option for pads, so who knows.. maybe they do work. Like I said I just have no personal experience with them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sistersweets, a lot of devices bought over ebay requires a converter to be used in North America an those can be bought for $10 or so.. even less.. not sure why this became such a huge issue now; most ebay buyers know this fact already.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Hi sistersweets, a lot of devices bought over ebay requires a converter to be used in North America an those can be bought for $10 or so.. even less.. not sure why this became such a huge issue now; most ebay buyers know this fact already.

I've seen those "international converter" things at Wal Mart too and they're not huge and heavy at all (as stated by the Pico Toner people in the FAQ, quoted above). Nor are they expensive and dangerous. They're quite inexpensive and they're pretty small and don't appear to weigh much of anything. I almost bought one for my mom who has traveled internationally on several occasions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
daler wrote:

I've seen those "international converter" things at Wal Mart too and they're not huge and heavy at all (as stated by the Pico Toner people in the FAQ, quoted above). Nor are they expensive and dangerous. They're quite inexpensive and they're pretty small and don't appear to weigh much of anything. I almost bought one for my mom who has traveled internationally on several occasions.

here is one example, $14:

http://www.megabatteries.com/item_details2.asp?id=14041&cat1=&uid=1406
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |