Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TENS, EMS, MENS, MC + DIY Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm still interested in the claims that microcurrent can instantly plump the skin and, more particularly, the lips. Biologically, what is happening here? The only thing I can think of is that fluid is being brought to the area. When I use the Vaculifter the face turns quite red from blood being "sucked" to the surface - plumping is slight and only lasts minutes. The blood soon subsides. Therefore, I don't understand how microcurrent can have a lasting plumping effect.

I don't either. Plus Microcurrent is typically promoted for lifting, not plumping. But at the end of the day, there are no studies that back any of this up and justify the high prices. There are even studies behind the Merbe which costs a fraction of most microcurrent options, so I don't really understand why there aren't studies. And none of the before and after pics are overly compelling either.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,
Can you direct me to compelling pictures showing results of the Merbe? Thanks.

Toby who used to post here had amazing before and afters of Pico microcurrent results and shared them freely... - she even compared them with Beautiful image. The side view was amazing in terms of improvement. Anyone who saw them knows. We showed them all over the show at the Emmy's and you could also see the 'real thing' as Toby stood as her own proof.

If you've never experienced it you wouldn't know but I have experienced the Pico results and it is very gratifying to know what a machine can do for you in 20 minutes. It's a secret weapon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Keliu - take this for what it's worth. I have used facial exercise for years as a means to lift my face and even plump my lips. Facercise worked great for years... In my fifties, I stared to notice that the exercises made my face appear a little more gaunt in the lower cheek area. However, with the introduction of microcurrent (even the cheapie unit I first owned), I could lift the face without sacrificing volume (what little I had.) I don't know exactly why so I would be guessing, but the silver gloves do plump up the lower cheek area and can also plump the lips quite nicely. I even found a trick to make the top lip have more of an upward curve by pushing up with both gloves side by side exposing the inside of the upper lip and holding for 40 seconds. I can only guess this is due to increased circulation, but since I've been using microcurrent since end of May, beginning of June (six months), it's lasting all day now. Even without this new trick my lips are still more plump than when I started doing microcurrent treatments. So it really does work! ~ Aprile

You can plump with the Pico - gloves and probes. It does work. Noone is saying the lip plumping is a permanent thing. The Pico may be lifting the lip structure; rearranging the muscles around it to allow for the appearance of plumper lips. Bottom line: you can get a more alluring lip with the Pico.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:57 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Bethany,
Can you direct me to compelling pictures showing results of the Merbe? Thanks.

Toby who used to post here had amazing before and afters of Pico microcurrent results and shared them freely... - she even compared them with Beautiful image. The side view was amazing in terms of improvement. Anyone who saw them knows. We showed them all over the show at the Emmy's and you could also see the 'real thing' as Toby stood as her own proof.

If you've never experienced it you wouldn't know but I have experienced the Pico results and it is very gratifying to know what a machine can do for you in 20 minutes. It's a secret weapon.

Sis, I saw Toby's pics. But she does use a lot of different things, so I am sure it all contributes to the whole. Good genes do too!

I would recommend checking out the Merbe/Fyola/Sqoom sites for the links to the various studies. That's what I did. The ones done at one of the universities in Japan were the most interesting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Bethany you may not be aware of this.

In order to avoid overlap of results, Toby stops all other devices, etc when testing a product. She was using only Pico when she did the testing and it was for several months. She is very evaluative about results and very consistent in use.
(PQ does/did the same thing! Miss that boy! EDS is more and more like a morgue without these very relevant posters..ahh but I digress).
Anyway...
Toby's results were from the Pico toner and they were outstanding. We had TV stars gagaing over her results.

She does take care of her skin and maintains her weight so that keeps things in balance for evaluation too.

RE: Thanks for the links. Where are the compelling pictures you mentioned previously? Those are what I'm most interested in. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

In order to avoid overlap of results, Toby stops all other devices, etc when testing a product. She was using only Pico when she did the testing and it was for several months. She is very evaluative about results and very consistent in use.
(PQ does/did the same thing! Miss that boy! EDS is more and more like a morgue without these very relevant posters..ahh but I digress).
Anyway...
Toby's results were from the Pico toner and they were outstanding. We had TV stars gagaing over her results.

She does take care of her skin and maintains her weight so that keeps things in balance for evaluation too.

RE: Thanks for the links. Where are the compelling pictures you mentioned previously? Those are what I'm most interested in. Thanks.

Sis, I am sure you gave seen Karenlee's pics at the beginning of the Sqoom thread...very compelling. But if you need more info, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Anyway...

Toby has stated on many occasions that her skin is very responsive to treatments. She was one of the very few who got results from the STOP and about the only one who saw improvements from the POSE. She had terrific results from ASG which were accentuated further by the Lightstim and FIM lamp. For someone whose skin is so responsive I'm sure results would be cumulative.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

The pictures Toby sent me after 4 months of using the Beautiful Image machine were better then the 6 months of using the BI machine she used in the Pico before and afters but I have to agree with you she is a beautiful girl either way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:31 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

The pictures Toby sent me after 4 months of using the Beautiful Image machine were better then the 6 months of using the BI machine she used in the Pico before and afters but I have to agree with you she is a beautiful girl either way.

Thank you cookie - I agree with you. I know she was happy with the beautiful image results. I saw pictures from BI - I remember wishing I could get a beautiful image because I know Toby always knew her stuff. She had microcurrent on the radar early on. She really believes in microcurrent (and how).

She went to a show and found the Pico toner- thinking it would be for casual use and typical Toby: she started using it exclusively to see how it would do and let everything else go. She wrote to me after a few months mentioning this amazing product. Then a few months later she sent the updated pictures. The difference was this: Unlike the beautiful image the Pico results were obvious from the side view also. I was sold on the Pico at that point.

As for Toby... What a remarkable, beautiful person. I know many on EDS miss her generous sharing of information.
I know Toby would say that microcurrent has worked for her like nothing else..... She told me microcurrent lifted her lower face when nothing else did it as well. (even as responsive as she is to other things and Keliu is right about that. And we all know our own face best).
Pico toner is like taking your face to the gym.

I'm the same way - very responsive but I can attest that the Pico toner does things nothing else has done and I have a Merbe. I haven't posted about it but they are different devices for different outcomes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:16 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
The difference was this: Unlike the beautiful image the Pico results were obvious from the side view also.

The pictures Toby sent me included the same before picture she used for the Pico pictures. She also had both a side and front view. It was very easy to tell the improvement at 4 months from the Beautiful Image machine. The side view picture was better then the 6 months side view picture she used for the Pico set of pictures.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:30 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
The difference was this: Unlike the beautiful image the Pico results were obvious from the side view also.

The pictures Toby sent me included the same before picture she used for the Pico pictures. She also had both a side and front view. It was very easy to tell the improvement at 4 months from the Beautiful Image machine. The side view picture was better then the 6 months side view picture she used for the Pico set of pictures.

I will probably start a backlash by saying this......but, I'm a photographer and I know that even the slightest upward movement of the corner of the mouth can have the effect of lifting jowls and cheeks. I look positively haggard when my face is completely at rest - but if I very slightly move my mouth in an upward motion (not a smile, a barely discernible upward movement) I look much more perkier. I actually discovered this fact after attempting to get a reasonable passport photo taken. You're now not allowed to smile but I discovered on the third attempt that a very slight lift in the corners of the mouth made all the difference. Yes, I'm that vain! The first two photos were horrendous! So all I'm saying is that before and afters are very hard to compare unless the person has exactly the same lighting and facial expression.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I will probably start a backlash by saying this......but, I'm a photographer and I know that even the slightest upward movement of the corner of the mouth can have the effect of lifting jowls and cheeks. I look positively haggard when my face is completely at rest - but if I very slightly move my mouth in an upward motion (not a smile, a barely discernible upward movement) I look much more perkier. I actually discovered this fact after attempting to get a reasonable passport photo taken. You're now not allowed to smile but I discovered on the third attempt that a very slight lift in the corners of the mouth made all the difference. Yes, I'm that vain! The first two photos were horrendous! So all I'm saying is that before and afters are very hard to compare unless the person has exactly the same lighting and facial expression.

Could be true, but I would have to say that's why it was all the more believable to Sis because she saw Toby in the flesh. There's no denying improvements when yhou see someone and hang with them for two days in all different lighting... Just sayin. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

Could be true, but I would have to say that's why it was all the more believable to Sis because she saw Toby in the flesh. There's no denying improvements when yhou see someone and hang with them for two days in all different lighting... Just sayin. Very Happy

I totally agree, the only way to truly judge someone's appearance is to see them in the flesh (or maybe a video). I'm just pointing out how before and afters can be misleading and why there may have been a difference in the images Cookie is discussing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I totally get this - about the barely discernable upward lift of the outer corners of the mouth. When you move those muscles (the smile muscles if you will) you will get lift in other muscles as well... equally barely discernable but the sum total is there in a subtle way. (Upper face).

April - you are right all the way. Toby is gorgeous; perky, firm face and a natural glow about her. Didn't matter what the lighting was. Joyful!

For Cookie: Toby would say that microcurrent rocks - Beautiful Image or whatever but I do know this... She got the Pico toner and then got the 3800 and that's all she uses now. That says something about the Neurotris product. I agree, she was happy with the BI machine and worked with it to achieve maximum results. She really has a touch and an intuitiveness about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

She got the Pico toner and then got the 3800 and that's all she uses now. That says something about the Neurotris product.

I'd like to know what the difference is between the professional machines and the Pico. I'm not talking about the obvious differences but about the way the current is delivered - strength, wave form what have you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

She got the Pico toner and then got the 3800 and that's all she uses now. That says something about the Neurotris product.

I'd like to know what the difference is between the professional machines and the Pico. I'm not talking about the obvious differences but about the way the current is delivered - strength, wave form what have you.

There are differences - obviously. Specifics I'd have to find out.
I know for sure the 3800 has a lot more options/programs for building and lifting than the Pico and the wands are really cool. Very Happy The Pico seems to combine a few different waves for it's outcome; that's why you have two different wave signatures for both P1 and P2. I'll have to get better terminology - I'm really not sure how to describe some of this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this the thread that was created because the Pico people didn't want Andrea's DIY Pico discussed on the Pico thread? If so, it looks like we are completely off topic here now, lol.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Isn't this the thread that was created because the Pico people didn't want Andrea's DIY Pico discussed on the Pico thread? If so, it looks like we are completely off topic here now, lol.

Yep. And all the posts discussing the DIY Pico were moved from the Pico thread to this one. Now all of a sudden, everyone's posting HERE about the Pico?!?!? What's THAT all about??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:43 am      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
bethany wrote:
Isn't this the thread that was created because the Pico people didn't want Angela's DIY Pico discussed on the Pico thread? If so, it looks like we are completely off topic here now, lol.

Yep. And all the posts discussing the DIY Pico were moved from the Pico thread to this one. Now all of a sudden, everyone's posting HERE about the Pico?!?!? What's THAT all about??

Most threads seem to have a Pico mention these days (check out the Eyezone thread, lol) so it was only a matter of time until it happened here too. But poor ko6kin was just chastised today for mentioning a different microcurrent product on the Pico thread. Laughing

EDS is now selling the Pico....maybe the name will change to EPS soon? Idea
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Only one month left until the year is over and sales targets to be achieved Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm... I just looked on the Pico thread and all of the comments about the knockoff device are still on the thread, photos included. So I'm not sure where that comment is coming from. Further, when people ask questions about Pico or anything other skincare product or device for that matter on a different thread, shouldn't the question be answered? I do see threads going "off track" all the time. In some instances, those discussions go so far off track, they really should be moved. But ultimately its really the moderators who decide if those comments warrant being moved.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:55 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hmmm... I just looked on the Pico thread and all of the comments about the knockoff device are still on the thread, photos included. So I'm not sure where that comment is coming from. Further, when people ask questions about Pico or anything other skincare product or device for that matter on a different thread, shouldn't the question be answered? I do see threads going "off track" all the time. In some instances, those discussions go so far off track, they really should be moved. But ultimately its really the moderators who decide if those comments warrant being moved.

Ask Havana8. She's the one who moved the posts here and posted on the Pico thread that we weren't supposed to be discussing the "knock off" there; that we had our own thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it is just me but I don't understand why Pico can be discussed on other threads and not considered off topic but not visa versa. Sure seems like a double standard.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
aprile wrote:

Ask Havana8. She's the one who moved the posts here and posted on the Pico thread that we weren't supposed to be discussing the "knock off" there; that we had our own thread.

I believe all that was said was that the discussion on TENS, EMS, MENS, MC + DIY Devices had been moved to its own thread. The thread was split into its own topic as the device being discussed was a DIY TENS/EMS combo device versus a manufactured Microcurrent device which led into further discussion on the different types of electrotherapy devices.

As far as the knock-off device that looks like the Pico, I don't see a problem with it being on the Pico thread similar to the Sqoom thread which includes much discussion on the Merbe knockoff.

That said, if any that feel a thread is going off-topic, then please feel free to use the "Report" feature to alert us so that we can move any off-topic or unrelated posts off or to their own topic, if necessary.

Thank you.
havana8

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think this link may have been posted before but I think it gives a good overview of the different types of electrotherapy devices: http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensandEMS/DifferentTypesEMS.shtml

Also, although this is a manual, there is some interesting theory and technical info on interferential and TENS currents: http://bit.ly/IAsgFn
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |