Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Best tasting green drink?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone has a recommendation for an organic green drink (with Barley Grass, Spirulina , Wheat Grass, or whatever) that tastes yummy?

I am looking for the one that you can just mix with water/milk and drink in the afternoon for an energy boost.

For example, something like the following drink from iherb:

http://www.iherb.com/Purity-Products-Triple-Greens-14-48-oz-410-4-g/4812

All suggestions are appreciated!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use GreensFirst....it is fairly sweet and a bit minty. (I cut the sweetness with lemon)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I use Total Alchemy from Dragon Herbs. I have been drinking it for years (15+)and my hubby and son's allergist/ear nose and throat doctor and his staff are hooked on it now. The doctor researched it after I mentioned it during a visits and he loves it for all the ingredients and the energy pick me up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I use Total Alchemy from Dragon Herbs. I have been drinking it for years (15+)and my hubby and son's allergist/ear nose and throat doctor and his staff are hooked on it now. The doctor researched it after I mentioned it during a visits and he loves it for all the ingredients and the energy pick me up!

Tonic Alchemy? This one: http://www.iherb.com/Dragon-Herbs-Tonic-Alchemy-9-5-oz-270-g/21556 ?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
My Green drink of choice is from Health Force Nutritionals. They call their products TruGanic.

I love the Vitamineralgreen http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Vitamineral-Green-Version-5-2-400-VeganCaps/19407 and the Earth drink. I've been a conniousseur of green drinks and I have liked many - These products are the best so far. The commitment to health is amazing. Just read about the company.
My opinion - bottom line:
If you find one great green drink and stick to the protocal~~that is what matters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
My Green drink of choice is from Health Force Nutritionals. They call their products TruGanic.

I love the Vitamineralgreen http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Vitamineral-Green-Version-5-2-400-VeganCaps/19407 and the Earth drink. I've been a conniousseur of green drinks and I have liked many - These products are the best so far. The commitment to health is amazing. Just read about the company.
If you find one great green drink and stick to the protocal~~that is what matters.

The link is for capsules but I always get a powder and put in green smoothies or just mix in water. Capsules are nice as a "take along" on trips or to work so you always have a green of some sort.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Sis, what does it taste like? Thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
It's not as good (sweet) as some I have had and better than others. I don't tend to think of green drinks in terms of taste. I look for the company practices of production, the company philosophy, the reviews, and the contents the product. I make sure there is no lead or other things. I take spirulina straight up so truthfully the taste of green powder products are fine by me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It's not as good (sweet) as some I have had and better than others. I don't tend to think of green drinks in terms of taste. I look for the company practices of production, the company philosophy, the reviews, and the contents the product. I make sure there is no lead or other things. I take spirulina straight up so truthfully the taste of green powder products are fine by me.

Agreed, as long as they don't make me gag.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
What I have observed is that some gag over things that others do not. What one person will tell you is a fine green drink will make another gag.

Personally I say if you have a devotion to green - find the best product, decide you are going to take it and go for it. It only tastes uncomfortable for the seconds it takes to drink it back. Not a big deal. Worth it.

Must do a spirulina bomb! and then to bed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What I have observed is that some gag over things that others do not. What one person will tell you is a fine green drink will make another gag.

Personally I say if you have a devotion to green - find the best product, decide you are going to take it and go for it. It only tastes uncomfortable for the seconds it takes to drink it back. Not a big deal. Worth it.

Must do a spirulina bomb! and then to bed.

Sister sweets, does the drink add you energy? I can see that the company makes a lot of formulas, which one, in your opinion, is the best for giving energy without caffeine? Thank you!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Russian Sunshine. I can't really say for certain if it does or does not give energy. I use Vitamineral Green and Earth. When I started taking these they didn't have the wide array of choices. I am considering getting the liver formula. Or livers work so hard and deserve TLC.
I feel better when I take these regularly - I can't say it's energy related but more healthy. I like the high standards for purity - that is what they call Truganic - higher and even more quality assured than an organic product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Russian Sunshine.

This fall i started taking chlorella in tablets. I don't have enough time in the morning to make myself a drink, so i replaced it with tablets.

I get my energy boost for a day without complications. I usually don't like tablets, but this is just pressed clean chlorella, coated with something that makes it very easy to swallow.

Initially i planned to take a second dose at lunch, but i am afraid to get hyperactive before bed time:))
That's how good it works.

My 15 years old son was complaining lately on fatigue. 2 grams of chlorella in the morning addressed the issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
Hi Russian Sunshine.

This fall i started taking chlorella in tablets. I don't have enough time in the morning to make myself a drink, so i replaced it with tablets.

I get my energy boost for a day without complications. I usually don't like tablets, but this is just pressed clean chlorella, coated with something that makes it very easy to swallow.

Initially i planned to take a second dose at lunch, but i am afraid to get hyperactive before bed time:))
That's how good it works.

My 15 years old son was complaining lately on fatigue. 2 grams of chlorella in the morning addressed the issue.

YB, I am taking 3000 mg per day, but I have not noticed any energy kick. I have to rely on dark chocolate for that:( But I heard that green drinks may help you with chocolate cravings.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

YB, I am taking 3000 mg per day, but I have not noticed any energy kick. I have to rely on dark chocolate for that:( But I heard that green drinks may help you with chocolate cravings.

Hmmm. That doesn't sound good. You may want to schedule a blood test to check your vitamins/minerals levels.

B12 deficiency can give you extreme fatigue. That's from my experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:32 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Hmmm. That doesn't sound good. You may want to schedule a blood test to check your vitamins/minerals levels.

B12 deficiency can give you extreme fatigue. That's from my experience.

My blood report is perfect, according to my nutritionist and naturopathic doctor. I just need an extra kick mid-day (instead of using coffee and chocolate).
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I like Greens Wild Berry Burst. It's much tastier than some of other ones I've tried.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I have just tried HealthForce Earth Drink and the taste is quite neutral, which is good as I drink it the first thing in the morning. sister sweets, thanks for the recommendation! I went to a Health store and that's what the owner recommended as well, he said every salesperson in his store drinks it!

P.S.: I bought it from iherb.

sister sweets wrote:

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks RS...I will try that one next.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I too just received the VitalGreens Earth product (iherb is sold out of the green drink at the moment). I quite like it as a tea too, mixed with hot water if that sounds like something you might enjoy...its cold and snowy here in Canada /Alberta a warm drink does hit the spot!
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
On another note RussianSunshine, if you need an afternoon 'kick' to get you going, have you tried the Lipo Spheric Vitamin C from LiveOn labs? I just started this product recently and take one pouch on an empty stomach with water...am quite surprised at the energy/unfoggy brain I get from it.

http://www.livonlabs.com/ and its on amazon etc.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Green's First and Tonic Alchemy. Green's First is defiantly has a sweeter taste than the Tonic Alchemy. I don't find that the Tonic Alchemy has any sweetness at all.

I did like both of these powders though. The Green's First powder contains soy which I'm not a fan of, plus they want 15 dollars per shipping.Unless they've changed their shipping prices.

I'm also going to try the Vitamineral Green (Thanks Sister Sweets!)when it comes into stock on iherb. I was going to order it from Health Force Nutritionals but it's 15 something for shipping. Iherb has free shipping over 20 dollars.

I did e-mail Health Force Nutritionals and asked them where they supplied their Alaria, Bladderwrack, Kelp, Dulse, Lavar, Nori. They told me they get it from the Atlantic Ocean and none of it comes from overseas. I'm also impressed that they do testing for purity on their products.

Smile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 am      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
On another note RussianSunshine, if you need an afternoon 'kick' to get you going, have you tried the Lipo Spheric Vitamin C from LiveOn labs? I just started this product recently and take one pouch on an empty stomach with water...am quite surprised at the energy/unfoggy brain I get from it.

http://www.livonlabs.com/ and its on amazon etc.

I will check it out. Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have just tried HealthForce Earth Drink and the taste is quite neutral, which is good as I drink it the first thing in the morning. sister sweets, thanks for the recommendation! I went to a Health store and that's what the owner recommended as well, he said every salesperson in his store drinks it!

Correction: HealthForce GREEN drink tastes quite neutral. Earth Drink tastes like a bouillon cube Confused
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:14 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Correction: HealthForce GREEN drink tastes quite neutral. Earth Drink tastes like a bouillon cube Confused

Hey RS,

Thank you for the update. Do you think maybe if you tried to add a sweetener, it might help the taste? Then again I'm not sure how a sweetened bouillon cube might taste. Maybe lemon?

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |