Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A young gentleman seeking help (face/eye cream)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
theriel

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
There comes a time in a man's life when he realizes that soap and water might not be enough...

After reading lots of insightful information here (some of which I even understood!), I decided to ask you for help directly.

I have suffered from severe hyperpigmentation around the eyes since I was around 15 (panda eyes). Having turned 25, I decided to finally fight it and, thanks to information on this forum, I decided to order Meladerm and LRP Anthelios sunscreen.

The problem is - I have quite dry/rough skin around the eyes. From what I know, the sunscreen and the cream will make it even drier.

So... I am guessing I need yet another product. Alas, I have no clue what the difference is between creams, lotions, gels... or face cream vs eye cream (surely my eyes are part of my face? Smile ) vs face moisturiser...

I would appreciate if you could help me understand:
(1) What do I actually need?
(2) Do you have any particular recommendations?
(3) How to use it, together with the other products (when and in what order)?

As a man I do not really like having oily skin, so I am trying to strike some nice balance.

Thank you very much for your help and apologies for the silly questions. Alas, admittedly, my cosmetics experience is very limited. Very Happy

Thank you!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what is your diet like theriel? I keep harping on about how important diet is.

I am in my 40's and contrary to what I used to think, less is more when it comes to skincare...and a healthy diet goes a long way to improving the condition of your skin. For instance, just cutting out sodas and sugar for me can take my skin from having blemishes here and there to being clear enough for me to do double-takes when I walk by a mirror because the clarity of my skin surprises me so! And BTW I tend to eat a mostly clean diet and don't have a craving for junk the way many people do. So imagine the difference a change in diet for the better would make for someone who tends to indulge in junk food or food with a lot of additives that have no benefit to one's health.

The following two articles may get you started on the right track diet-wise. (You may find that you really don't need to do too much to your skin if you feed it well from the inside):

http://www.shapeyourface.com/nutrition.htm

http://nutrition-now.com/2009/05/oxidative-stress-as-it-relates-to-chronic-diseases-of-aging/

I don't know what you can do for your eyes, but I have used Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for over 20 years and it works for me. Eye creams made my eyes puffy. When I started using sunscreen some years ago, I would apply it over Vaseline (because I didn't want it absorbed by the skin under my eyes which I was sure would lead to puffiness)...but I switched to not doing that and just using wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses/Transitions lenses following the advice of the lady who got me on the Vaseline-for-under-eyes regimen.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I stopped reading the first link when i saw he suggest dried fruits and fruit juices are inflammatory .There is a lot of crap in the internet nowdays and i have proven to myself that the skin tone is being helped by fruit juice diet.

Also there he suggests yogurt which in the long run will leach your real calcium out of your bones.

OP hyperpigmentation around the eyes is a result of diet and clogged kidney.
I suggest go at least 50% fruit juice diet and balanace the ratio potassium(from fruits)/sodium(salt) to 6:1.
Most peope do the opposite nowdays.
Get your protein from fresh almonds.

Tanaka massage will help for the lymph drainage to move the waste under the skin(remember this at most have been accumulated by acic forming diet andtense in the surrounding muscles not from the sun!) and you can try pinch the area but first moisturize it and always do slight pinches.

Finally,to come back to the kidney issues,drink everyday for the rest of your life 1-3 ounces of olive oil.It will break in the long run every kidney stone and will prevent the forming of new ones.Begin slow and increase the dose grafdually to 100 ml like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:22 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
I stopped reading the first link when i saw he suggest dried fruits and fruit juices are inflammatory .There is a lot of crap in the internet nowdays and i have proven to myself that the skin tone is being helped by fruit juice diet.

Also there he suggests yogurt which in the long run will leach your real calcium out of your bones.

Well, what Tom Hagerty posts is actually true: that dried fruits and fruit juices have a high glycemic index. And high glycemic foods do cause chronic inflammation:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/health/food-cause-pain-daniluk/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120111154043.htm

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/5/1188.full

In other words, one's better off eating fresh fruits in their entirety instead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stefan-aschan/dried-vs-fresh-fruit_b_834226.html

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/08/reduce-type-2-diabetes-risk/

As for yogurt... when I was on an anti-candida diet (which I later found out was actually an alkaline-forming diet) plain yogurt was one form of dairy that I was allowed to eat and ate plenty of, and it didn't seem to interfere with my healing. Some acid/alkaline-forming food charts deem it neutral, some deem it acidifying and some like this one deem in alkalinizing. *shrug*

Now personally, because I know "everything in moderation" works for me and that aiming for a more alkaline-forming diet rather than trying to do a 100% one is more feasible (for me anyway), I will continue to enjoy my plain yogurt with live cultures--a source of good bacteria and calcium, which IMO are anti-aging.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 am      Reply with quote
There is no anti candida diet cause candida eats your waste.Except if you mean to eat a specific diet that doesnt cause these remnants in the body so that candida doesnt have to disintegrate them anyway.
Fruits are 100% bioavailable sugar that the body can use.If you drink 2 litres of orange juice you would have a hard time to see orange colour in urine.That means the body can use it.Period.
But if you eat 2 litres of carrot juice ,you would see the colour in urine,means that its not so bioavailable for the body.Vegetable juices are not 100% made for human.

Its good to enjoy your yogurt,but if you ever your bones feel weak i suggest to cut back on dairy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
There is no anti candida diet cause candida eats your waste.Except if you mean to eat a specific diet that doesnt cause these remnants in the body so that candida doesnt have to disintegrate them anyway.
Fruits are 100% bioavailable sugar that the body can use.If you drink 2 litres of orange juice you would have a hard time to see orange colour in urine.That means the body can use it.Period.
But if you eat 2 litres of carrot juice ,you would see the colour in urine,means that its not so bioavailable for the body.Vegetable juices are not 100% made for human.

Its good to enjoy your yogurt,but if you ever your bones feel weak i suggest to cut back on dairy.

*I* am living proof that an anti-candida diet does exist and is one of the best things I ever did for my health. Not only did it bring an end to systemic candidiasis and thus my weekly trips to the doc, but it also brought an end to my eczema, my hay fever, my guaranteed flu every winter...you name it. And I have maintained that mostly alkaline-forming diet that was introduced to me as anti-candida since then and have never looked back. And I am talking about almost 20 years ago. In other words, the candida overgrowth that had weakened my immunity and turned me into this sponge of disease was brought to an end by my starving off candida.

What's more, my friend who has Lupus started to have more down days than not. It turned out that the medication she was on affected her internal balance and caused an overgrowth of candida albicans. Immunolabs bloodprint confirmed that an anti-candida diet would be best for her. She adopted it and her health got so much better that you almost forgot how ill she used to be. And I can't remember the last time I heard of her taking a day off work due to being poorly. She still maintains the diet.

So you can sing praises of candida but you won't find me joining that choir. As far as I am concerned, candida needs to take a back seat, shut the hell up, and remain out of sight and out of mind.

I doubt I will need to "cut back on dairy" as plain yogurt is the only dairy I consume and I actually believe it is good for my bones so I am not expecting to get osteoporosis from it. I have a lot of elderly relatives who keep cattle and have drunk milk and all its derivatives all their lives and I can't think of a single one who has suffered from osteoporosis. Not even my granny who lived way into her nineties. So I am more likely to increase my yogurt intake as well as my bone health supplements if my bones became weak. Laughing
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:46 am      Reply with quote
So do i have systemic candidiasis ,cause i drink mostly fruit juices and candida lives on sugar?
;P
Then all of the ancients before finding ways to raise vegetables and the ones that didnt eat meat and lived on fruits,nuts and berries had systemic candidiasis? ;P
Immunity reduces power to resist Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:46 am      Reply with quote
There is definitely an anti-candida diet. Candida is part of our bodies, but in today’s lifestyles it can overgrow due to any number of factors, such as diet and/or lifestyle too. When that does happen people need methods of reducing the overgrowth and the diets by Donna Gates have enough people proving that there is such a thing.

Fruits are a sugar and are not bioavailable as you would have others believe. Sugar of any kind causes the body to go into reaction. When sugar is consumed whether processed or unprocessed forms the body has to produce a hormone to break that sugar down and put it into energy. Whilst fruits do not have a long life within the body its completely inaccurate to say that vegetable juices are not 100% made for humans any more than fruits are. Vegetable juices are actually from what I have read and learned closer to the human body. For example if you think of green vegetable juices they are absorbed faster by the body than fruit juices because they are of similar make up.

I’ve drank over 2 litres of carrot juice at times and have not seen it in my urine – so you need to rethink that one. It may be a reaction your body is having but its incorrect.

Likewise there are beneficial yoghurts in my experience, and they are not all made from dairy. You can get nut milk ones etc that are beneficial and combine them with vegetable juices to get a load of nutrition elements.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Just to add there may be a lot of crap on the internet, but often times people will and should pay attention to whats been proven and not what someone tells us is correct. I would say that goes for many of your posts Pano, because you wrongly mistake your personal opinion as fact and would try to have peopel eating fruit and not vegetables and if someone did follow your suggestions I suspect they would end up very ill.

Having said that, we've never seen any photos of you to know what your skin is like. For someone who seems to be very opinionated about this stuff, hows about you show us what you look like!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
So do i have systemic candidiasis ,cause i drink mostly fruit juices and candida lives on sugar?
;P
Then all of the ancients before finding ways to raise vegetables and the ones that didnt eat meat and lived on fruits,nuts and berries had systemic candidiasis? ;P
Immunity reduces power to resist Wink

Systemic candidiasis is no joke and so if you had it, you'd have a bunch of symptoms that make you feel very ill and miserable. It isn't just feeding candida that causes systemic candidiasis. There has to be an imbalance within the body like a depletion of flora bacteria that keeps candida in check as happens when people take antibiotics...or it can also occur when one's immunity is compromised in some way.

And who are these ancients who didn't eat meat? Previously when you quoted K L Coe talking about people who lived to be 200, a tale he was told by McCarrison, who clearly believed anything he was told without any scientific proof...it was the Hunza people you were talking about. The assumption that they didn't/don't eat meat is wrong. Their living conditions made the luxury of eating meat not one they could afford on a regular basis but they did eat meat all right. And personally, I don't believe they are the ages they claim which IIRC don't go as high as 200 years but rather the oldest claim I have read has been around 145. I might have believed the rumor if a few of them had been monitored from birth into old age. I don't just believe everything I am told. I need receipts.

If anyone is interested in reading about the Hunza people lifestyle, here you go:

http://biblelife.org/hunza.htm

http://thepdi.com/hunza_health_secrets.htm

And while on the topic of the diet of the "ancients" exactly what do you think the term "hunter" in "hunters and gatherers" referred to if you really believe ancient man didn't eat meat? Historians beg to disagree with you on the theory that ancients ate the Panos diet of only fruits:

http://www.montignac.com/en/the-history-of-man-s-eating-habits/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Candida doesn't exist? Interesting point of view.

:/

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I appreciate your help and suggestions regarding diet. I wouldn't complain about mine, though - I regularly go to the gym and thus I follow quite a rigorous 6-meal schedule.

However, my main query was about a face/eye moisturising cream Smile , which I could use alongside the sunscreen and meladerm...

Thank you for help!
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:48 am      Reply with quote
theriel wrote:
However, my main query was about a face/eye moisturising cream Smile , which I could use alongside the sunscreen and meladerm...

LOL - if you come on this forum long enough, you'll find that threads do tend to go off into spats now and then... hang on a bit and I'm sure someone will be along to help with your original question Smile .
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |