Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)
Setterfield's 2013 ed. Concise Guide to Dermal Needling book
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
http://acaciadermacare.com/default.aspx?PageID=1054

$65 +$10 postage PayPal only from Acacia. Just released Oct 25 2013 they say.

If I didnt already have the 2010 ed. Id buy it but $75 is a little spendy for what may not be anything that I would change about my routine. I *am* curious as to what the "ingredients to avoid" are, but I already have my own list!

It looks like he is going to address the use of the needling pen also, from the picture on the cover.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Fawnie. I just ordered it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie - ty for posting this! Very Happy Do you think this adds to his original book based on the table of contents?

Cookie - Based on the table of contents would you say this is different (perhaps more complete) than his original book? Which I am pretty sure you have?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Cabrita- I am not sure. I think this one will have more information about the electric rollers and I am interested in that. Also I hope some of the case studies will be new or have longer term results from studies done earlier?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, thanks! Ordered.
beautybee
5% products discount

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Thank you Fawnie. I just ordered it also:)
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks Fawnie, just going to have a lookie at it!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Ive just looked at it, it seems to have some similar case studies ( I recognise the pics) but also extra info, it may well be worth it just for the extras! I really would like to know his opinion on the electric pens too, so I think I am going to order it anyway, I think with needling it is really good to keep up with the new developments as I dont want to find out that I have been doing something that isnt good!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Cookie - TY for your response! Smile Very helpful since I do not have the original book. I have had very good results from needling (but frankly need to be more consistent) and new tips never hurt! I will order.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Fawnie - ty for posting this! Very Happy Do you think this adds to his original book based on the table of contents? <snip>

Sorry, didnt see your Q, cabrita. Just looking at the table of contents, there seems to be additional infos, yes, but my 2010 book is packed away just now so I didnt compare side by side.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I looked at preview pages from the book. The table of contents is basically the same as the first book. While comparing the TOC from both, I did notice that chapter four includes information on electronic needling devices. A few other new topics are advantages of rollers and electronic devices; rollers vs. electronic devices; the development of electronic devices; and myths propagated by marketing. There is also some new information in chapter 5 about ingredients to avoid. But, other than the discussion of the electronic devices, there is not enough additional content for me to repurchase the newer edition.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks fawnie!

And to you as well pack - am looking forward to getting it before it goes to $2877 a copy! Shock Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Did everyone notice that on the list of ingredients to avoid, humectants are listed. Considering that most of us are needling in HA - I would like to know what his reasoning is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Did everyone notice that on the list of ingredients to avoid, humectants are listed. Considering that most of us are needling in HA - I would like to know what his reasoning is.

In his prior book he recommended using HA right after a roll, so it will be interesting to see if that changed.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 am      Reply with quote
What else is on his "avoid" list??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Dr S divides all humectants into 2 categories: givers and takers. HA along with sodium PCA, honey and lactic acid are givers, they saturate and hydrate. He does not recommend takers ( glycerine, butelene glycol, etc.) and hazardous humectants ( urea, sorbic acid, etc.)

He still recommends using HA after cosmetic needling. Which HA product do you, guys, use?

Did anyone try Environ Ionzyme Focus Hydrating Serum (http://www.touchofskincare.ca/environ-ionzyme-cquence/environ-ionzyme-focus-hydrating-serum.html)? Bethany?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Interesting looking product. Not sure I need to spend $100+ to moisturize and make my skin look plumper and fresher temporarily - seems like there are more cost effective ways of achieving that.

fawnie (or anyone?) - this?:

"Contains Transcutol CG - a highly effective Penetrant enhancer"

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, it is ridiculously expensive for a HA product, and there is no mention of any AOs, growth factors, minerals in the serum, just HA and mysterious Transcutol CG?

Barefootgirl wrote:
Interesting looking product. Not sure I need to spend $100+ to moisturize and make my skin look plumper and fresher temporarily - seems like there are more cost effective ways of achieving that.

fawnie (or anyone?) - this?:

"Contains Transcutol CG - a highly effective Penetrant enhancer"

BFG
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Is this the most up to date information on needling? Would like to learn more but want to see if anyone still recommends this book. Thanks!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:40 am      Reply with quote
yes, great book.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
yes, great book.

Thanks LauraLizzie!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz)