Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Exercises to Widen Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Building muscle in the right places can definitely make your face look wider. Some women who feel their jaw is too wide have their masseter botoxed to reduce its action and width (just google botox masseter), and I've reduced the width of my jaw by stopping my teeth clenching habit.

So, if you want a wider jaw, really work on the masseter exercises (some programmes won't really be into this, as most women don't want a wider jaw, but I know Flexeffect has one).

If you want thicker mid cheeks, Flexeffect and Ageless have exercises for that, and all the essential 'lifting' exercises that work the upper cheek muscles will give you a more 'cheekbony' look - the one I'm keen on.

These programmes use facial resistance training: ie. real muscle building with your hands as 'weights', not just making a few expressions as some programmes do.

Also, study in the mirror how you hold your face. Do you let your jaw droop low, do you mouth-breathe? The latter problem can cause an unattractive long-faced look, and is best resolved by checking for dustmite or other allergies and dealing with those.

Overall though: there is nothing wrong or unttractive about a narrow face. Some great beauties have narrow faces, eg. Jerry Hall. Maybe a bit of facial resistance training in the right spots will just lift and widen a few areas for you.
FantasticMrMe

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a guy who had a relatively thin face and an untoned jawline. I've been practicing facial exercises for almost 2 years now and exceedingly pleased with the results (as are other people, I've noticed Wink ). The one exercise to strengthen the jawline, widen the face, and suck up the saggy double chin underneath that I've found most effective was from a book (which I've now forgotten the title and author of, but it wasn't Carol Maggio, and I'm not sure if it's still in print), but....

If rest your chin on your fist and press down with your jaw until your jaw is fully extended, using your fist to apply pressure/tension, like lifting a weight - do that until your jaw is tired (mine is about 45 "reps"). Then give your jaw 5-10 min. of rest and do it again until you've completed about 3 sets. Then I give my face 4 days to a week to recover before I do it again. I'm getting to the point where I like how it looks and am only doing maintenance reps occasionally as needed.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |