Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Deb Crowley's new photos!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios

Quote:
How many times do you suggest for the skin pinching be done during the day ?

Sorry panoslydios, didn't see your post...

I recommend doing it every night. Once a day is enough. Remember, you're not pinching the skin you are rolling it between your fingers. I only use the word
pinch to describe how to lift the skin (in a pinching manner)

If you notice your eyes becoming irritated by the action... back off until all has calmed down and then start again. Once your tissue has become accustomed to it there is no reason not to do it as often as you like throughout the day.

Zelda

Quote:
Sorry a quick question on the pinching around the eyes, how long should this take I understand to start from the outside and go to the center but do you go back again or just leave it for once across each area?

You actually go from corner to corner...a few passes 2-3 is sufficient. Don't forget to work the entire area around the eye (brow-bone down, crows area)

bob44

Quote:
Looking great Deb! I remember seeing on your website that you are an advocate of using retin A. Are you still able to do all that pinching while using retin A? Doesn't that irritate your skin a lot?

Once you become thoroughly accustomed to Retin-A you really don't get that much irritation. But... Yes, it would be irritating at first if your face is sensitive at the time of training. You really just have to play it the best way you can. Maybe train(skin rolling) for two weeks then lay-off and use Retin-A every 3 days for a couple of weeks..back and forth.

Quote:
How do you not have any nasolabial lines! You look amazing! Any tips to help with these lines? I have these lines pretty emphasized and I am 34.

I always recommend building facial muscle for anything that can be corrected by lift. Take a look at Tom Hagrety's website
http://www.shapeyourface.com for what he suggests for that area, he offers free training.Because of your age it really shouldn't take anytime at all to correct it (lucky you).
You will also find a forum on his site...very helpful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Hi SwissMom

Quote:
Deb, I have your program. The main reason why I got it was because of your dvd. I am a visual learner so it helps a lot.

Would you consider making a separate dvd with your massage techniques? I'd love it if it would be a full instructional video from beginning to end, kind of like an exercise video where you can exercise along with the instructor.

Claudia is already working on this very thing. She has (for some time) wanted a specific form of target training added to our program that I never put into our existing program. She is putting together a whole new twist on this one... wayyyyy more anal than me Rolling Eyes Anyway, yes, the massage (complete) and then some.

Wow! I can't wait! Sounds very interesting. Very Happy
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Me too - Deb is there any timeframe you can give us as to when this is going to be available? I'm hoping its not like the third edition and going to be ages?
Swissmom wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Hi SwissMom

Quote:
Deb, I have your program. The main reason why I got it was because of your dvd. I am a visual learner so it helps a lot.

Would you consider making a separate dvd with your massage techniques? I'd love it if it would be a full instructional video from beginning to end, kind of like an exercise video where you can exercise along with the instructor.

Claudia is already working on this very thing. She has (for some time) wanted a specific form of target training added to our program that I never put into our existing program. She is putting together a whole new twist on this one... wayyyyy more anal than me Rolling Eyes Anyway, yes, the massage (complete) and then some.

Wow! I can't wait! Sounds very interesting. Very Happy
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
It's going to be at least a year IMO.

I was just talking with Deb about what I want to do. I still have a lot of thoughts to lay out and put together...It will be supplemental... not an update to FE... Something I've been thinking about for a while.

I'm running another biz, PTA pres. at the kids school, dealing with a few huge fundraisers... blah, blah, blah...

I won't be posting a date of release until something goes to print. As you all know that's something that becomes a HUGE PITA... my e-mail fills up with questions as to when.

But I have practice... I have twin boys... It will be done, and you will know about when it's posted for sale...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Really wow okay, but understand entirely re kids and everything they are a full time job in themselves and your boys looked lovely with the photos I saw on the forum.

Is there no chance we could get a youtube video of you or your mum doing the massage? Maybe even as a private password video or something? Its just that it was one of the things I had hoped would be on the 3rd edition dvd and it wasn't and its always been something your mum and other trainers have advised and yet with no visual guide its a bit difficult for me to do.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hey TM... we try to take everyone's ideas/desires into consideration with up and coming projects.

Right now my calendar looks like a full bingo card. It's absolutely nutz.

Will keep your request in mind as we approach time to execute any projects (and doing it right... no quicky youtubes....)

In the mean time, I don't think it's necessary to over analyze the massage. The idea is to stimulate tissue, as deeply as you can without hurting yourself. No surface pinching...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Deb you are truly an inspiration. Thanks so much for making FE, and for your participation on this list. Very Happy
Jewelbug

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Deb you look remarkable. At 65 do you still pull as hard around your eyes as you did when you were younger? I see no aging in your eyes as far back as your pictures go. Have you used anything else besides your training to keep your skin that thick? Do you recommend dry brushing around the eyes. I read your comment about rolling the skin between your fingers so I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for putting up your pictures you have certainly made a believer out of me Smile
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to see Deb here! BTW, you look so awesome, especially for 65. I have the 1st FE set, but just ordered the 3rd. I have been a bit lazy, but at 52, I have to start stepping it up.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:00 am      Reply with quote
A big thank you to Deb, this works wonderfully I have also included pinching my face neck and hands and it feels so good,I am doing it every second day, between this and Hydraluric acid my skin has never looked better.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:38 am      Reply with quote
wow Deb just looks phenomenal!!!
Thanks for the eye massage tips!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve been looking at the area between Deb Crowley’s eyes, where one would find frown lines. She doesn’t have a hint of a line. Are there any of you here who have done this training that have removed frown lines completely? TKS
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
NellyB wrote:
training that have removed frown lines completely? TKS

Hi NellB

Might as well jump in on this. It can take more than training the muscle (lifting/smoothing out the furrows) because the lines center of the furrows will still be there. You need to go after the skin as well; this is done through different training techs. If the lines are very deep, adding Retin-A to your routine should cinch the deal. I have a very strong astigmatism (always frowning) at 65 I should have some serious deep furrows... HTH Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Wow, you really do look gorgeous Deb! Smile
Abigail
5% products discount

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
NellyB wrote:
I’ve been looking at the area between Deb Crowley’s eyes, where one would find frown lines. She doesn’t have a hint of a line. Are there any of you here who have done this training that have removed frown lines completely? TKS

Hi Nelly

I believe you can remove them completely. I haven’t been training with Flexeffect that long but I now have a very visible difference. I’m also doing what Deb suggested about Retin A. I know what Retin A can do. My money is on completely smooth skin in a few more months. I can now see the muscle roll under the frown area when I flex it! The muscle has obviously lifted the area but just like Deb said I believe from here out all the skin training plus the Retin A is all I need. I’ll keep you posted. Smile

BTW I got my program on sale. I don't know if it is still on sale but if it is, it is so worth it.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Abigail wrote:
NellyB wrote:

Hi Nelly

I believe you can remove them completely. I haven’t been training with Flexeffect that long but I now have a very visible difference. I’m also doing what Deb suggested about Retin A. I know what Retin A can do. My money is on completely smooth skin in a few more months. I can now see the muscle roll under the frown area when I flex it! The muscle has obviously lifted the area but just like Deb said I believe from here out all the skin training plus the Retin A is all I need. I’ll keep you posted. Smile

BTW I got my program on sale. I don't know if it is still on sale but if it is, it is so worth it.

With all the talk here about Retin-A I thought it might be a good idea to mention the importance of sun-block (not sunscreen) and an excellent one that I use. I know all of you that use Retin-A are very much aware of the need for sun-block but I want to share with you a sun-block that I think is excellent, especially in winter. It’s put out by ‘Ocean Potion’ - FACE spf 45 Clear Zinc Oxide. It’s white in the jar but completely clear when you rub it in, also thick enough to prevent your face from dehydrating in cold wind (huge plus) It feels every bit as good as a super rich moisturizer, works well under make-up (not greasy) and no stinging. You can purchase it from Amazon. The 1.0 oz jar goes a long way. There are always deals on it but generally runs around $5.00 per jar.

Deb

Oh..Yeah HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Have they changed their formula ? The list of ingredients looks downright nasty:
[url] http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/323283/Ocean_Potion_Clear_Zinc_Oxide_Face_Potion_SPF_45_%282010_formulation%29/[/url]
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use the EWG guidelines for SS ingredients, but I try to avoid chemical sunscreens. (don't have experience with the EU ones which seem to be good) . They are still predominant in the BB creams and tinted moisturizers, as well. My favorites for zinc SS are still the pricey Pratima Vetiver (body, but works on the face wonderfully) and the MVO used over a face oil. It cuts down on the tendency for a white cast if you use an oil under the pure zinc ones.
Pamma
5% products discount

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Deb you look amazing, very pretty!
I've been doing facial exercises for about 4yrs, I started when I didn't need to. Just trying to stay proactive. My face looked very young, no wrinkles, good fat... Now at age 45 eyes are hollowing with substantial wrinkles, cheeks hollowing,wrinkles between brows and marionettes lines are settling in. I've added massage over the past year. It's amazing how some people have great success with exercise. I feel like giving up, booo:/
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Pamma wrote:
Deb you look amazing, very pretty!
I've been doing facial exercises for about 4yrs, I started when I didn't need to. Just trying to stay proactive. My face looked very young, no wrinkles, good fat... Now at age 45 eyes are hollowing with substantial wrinkles, cheeks hollowing,wrinkles between brows and marionettes lines are settling in. I've added massage over the past year. It's amazing how some people have great success with exercise. I feel like giving up, booo:/

Hi Pamma

The last thing you want to do is give up. When you say hollowing of eyes, that sounds more like bone loss. Not knowing what training you are doing... PM me and I'll give you a few tips. Hang in there Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pamma, May I ask which facial exercise system you're using? I, like you am feeling like my eyes are looking quite hollow. I'm looking into some facial exercises to help with this, but there are so many to choose from. Maybe you need to do a different system.
Pamma
5% products discount

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Deb and Ollie, thank you for asking. I've been so discouraged by the way I've been looking lately.
I have been doing a combination of things. I have been doing mostly Carolyn's off memory, add in a couple of Deb's, checks from ageless, long strong beautiful neck from CM and then I read sandooch's story and was like "ooooOOoo lips:))" (this ones very new for me) anyways, I have been talking with another forum member and she suggested that I not mix and match,, probably very good advice So now I'm rethinking my approach. My face may be tired looking because I'm doing too much or may just be normal aging. Might take a week break, however my mind set is "I have to do something!!!" lol
Sorry I didn't mean to turn this thread onto myself! I am encouraged to not give up however:)
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:27 am      Reply with quote
My targeted problem area is "gaunt face" and plumping it to look "fuller" is my ultimate goal from your flexeffect program. I've also experienced trying too many things and not seeing results but I have hope that it will get better. Anyone drink tomatoe juice as i've read that staying hydrated can effect the look of the face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pamma, I bet you don't look half as bad as you think you do. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I read out here too that it isn't good to do a bunch of different exercises from different systems. I also read that you shouldn't do exercises on one area of the face. That can cause problems too. I'm still working on finding just one. Is there one system you think would better than another?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
So is it all about the high resistance hold time and low reps to build mass in the face?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |