Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Deb Crowley's new photos!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pamma
5% products discount

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Also, the idea that target training is a no-no is completely ridicules. In order to build symmetry, for some, spot training is an absolute must. Facial symmetry is just as much of a goal as it is in bodybuilding. Depending on the program, changing an exercise should simply mean approaching the muscle from a different angle or changing intensity. You might say ...well what about a person simply doing JUST target training... no problem.

Tyger wrote:

Quote:
Just wanted to say, thanks for this, Deb! Your comparison with body-building has helped me with my abs/reducing my waist. People kept telling me I couldn't spot-reduce there but I started anyway (I am my own experiment Laughing), but half-heartedly I must admit - when I read this, I upped my targeted exercise, kept at it and it is now producing results Very Happy.

Hi,

You know, when you build your abs they totally affect your back. Anyone having back issues should seriously go after their abs.

Abdominal work is key to strengthening your back and it will also allow you to stand straighter... in doing so, your waistline will visually appear slimmer. But, that's not to say you didn't drop some weight in that area.

It is true that spot training will NOT bring about weight loss throughout the body. And, the last thing you would want to do is spot train your hips if you are packing a lot of weight there; doing this would only make your hips look bigger (muscle gain)

I haven't found anything (not that I've looked) that will support what I'm going to say...but...

I'm not so sure that constant pressure applied to a specific area of fat won't remove the fat. Ladies, those of you who carry a little extra fat across your back.. ever notice where your bra strap lies across your back you will have a permanent indentation and the same can be said for the panty line around your hips.

I really believe, wherever fat cells are constantly being disturbed (under constant pressure) it just may empty those fat cell.

What do ya think? Just a thought.

Oh..BTW whenever I talk about 'target training' it is in regards to building muscle in the face...either to address an imbalance, or a need for more size to enhance an area, or simply to gain extra lift.

I've watched documentaries about women who wear corsets and they tend to have very tiny waists! I may need to invest:)
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Pamma wrote:

Quote:
I've watched documentaries about women who wear corsets and they tend to have very tiny waists! I may need to invest:)

Ok... I got an idea Shock

Every night before going to sleep, tape the jack out of your face (like a mummy) No more fat face!! By God,... that's going in my next book. Laughing Laughing Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
LSHIC!!! Love it Deb! 'Twas just thinking(I know I shouldn't do that too much!) but perhaps if, before bed, we taped the jack out of all unwanted fatty places the fat would be forced or funneled into much more ideal places:)) however sleep may be an issue in my case as I would be totally jacked up Laughing Shock Laughing
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Pamma wrote:
LSHIC!!! Love it Deb! 'Twas just thinking(I know I shouldn't do that too much!) but perhaps if, before bed, we taped the jack out of all unwanted fatty places the fat would be forced or funneled into much more ideal places:)) however sleep may be an issue in my case as I would be totally jacked up Laughing Shock Laughing
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!...what the HELL does LSHIC MEAN? Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!...what the HELL does LSHIC MEAN? Embarassed

I had to look this one up. "Laughing so hard I'm crying".
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Wow so beautiful and young. I love your eyes so open and gorgeous colour. Confratulations for your very beautiful face Deb Smile
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Just to return to the discussion of fat being released or burned from areas that are constantly disrupted or under pressure, I came across the following during my research on how to reduce fat around my waist (post baby stuff):

A fairly recent study states that blood flow and lipolysis are generally higher in subcutaneous adipose tissue adjacent to the contracting muscle. (Stallknecht, 2007) They actually say "In conclusion, an acute bout of exercise can induce spot lipolysis and increased blood flow in adipose tissue adjacent to contracting skeletal muscle."

So considering this, wouldn't facial exercises cause you to burn facial fat?

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hey jenp,

Interesting. What's the full reference to the article?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I came across this information in another forum where the women were having success spot reducing their stomachs following the approach outlined in the below online article. Apparently it is an approach used by many bodybuilders... as "facebuilders" it seems important to consider the possible ramifications.

Here you go:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/spot_reduction_is_real_heres_how_to_do_it

It goes on to say that increasing blood flow to an area and then contracting/working the muscle would further encourage fat loss in this area-- which many of us may do unintentionally by massaging the area while exercising.

After I read the article, I was thinking that maybe it would still be safe to do facial exercises if I made sure to exercise after a meal, when the fat protective insulin was in my blood stream. And leave ab wkouts and cardio for in the morning, during fasting. (this would mean no more laying in bed and exercising in the morning)

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Jen GREAT FIND! I wanted to go into your answer extensively so I posted your answer on the FE Gen. Forum... http://flexeffect.proboards.com. (1) click 'Flexeffect Facialbuilding' (2) click 'Loss of Facial Fat'...See ya there Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thanks Jen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for the link, Jen. I am spot-reducing my waist and slowly but surely it is working (with no change in eating habits). Will now change my torso massage (kneading,squeezing) to just before my abs exercise. And I will do my facial massage (pinching) separate from my facial exercises - as you say, exercising the face after meals would be good Very Happy .

Tyger
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Glad the article has been helpful! Smile

Tyger, could you describe your massage for your abdomen to me? I am using a Squeem to help with shaping my midsection (ribcage/muscle separation) after pregnancy and it is definitely helping, but I do believe in the power of massage!! I do some nolipolipo regularly on my legs and arms.

Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jen, I don't follow any particular programme - I just do kneading, pummelling, squeezing, especially over the 'apron' area, until it is all pink! - had been doing it whenever I felt like it, especially sitting in front of a computer! - but having read the link you put up, I have now introduced it regularly just before abs exercises Very Happy . I do some occasional dry brushing all over when I remember. In a way, maybe I am doing nolipolipo separated into component parts!

For arms, Tracy Anderson rocks! I am seeing real changes over the last few months (about 2x week)that I never got with anything else (I am 60+, so skin takes a while to tighten, but really pleased so far). I am beginning to believe that using the smaller ancillary and deeper muscles (Anderson, Callanetics) which pull the body in is the way forward for me.

Tyger
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Jen GREAT FIND! I wanted to go into your answer extensively so I posted your answer on the FE Gen. Forum... http://flexeffect.proboards.com. (1) click 'Flexeffect Facialbuilding' (2) click 'Loss of Facial Fat'...See ya there Very Happy

Hi, I've always managed to access the general forum before with no problem but tried to the last few days and always come over the same problem: I go to http://flexeffect.proboards.com and reach the main index of the diferent categories with no problem but when I click like in this case on ·Flexeffect Facialbuilding· I get sent to a page saying "Oops, there was an error! You do not have permission to access this board."
I haven't tried to access the general board for a good few months but got curious about this post and the new ones about ageless that seem to have been created, where I've also tried to access and I find the same message and can't access any thread, just the main index. Is it new that the general forum in FE is restricted now or is it some problem with the server? Wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble and how to solve it as I'm really interested in reading the comments on the article!
TIA, A.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:

Hi, I've always managed to access the general forum before with no problem but tried to the last few days and always come over the same problem: I go to http://flexeffect.proboards.com and reach the main index of the diferent categories with no problem but when I click like in this case on ·Flexeffect Facialbuilding· I get sent to a page saying "Oops, there was an error! You do not have permission to access this board."
I haven't tried to access the general board for a good few months but got curious about this post and the new ones about ageless that seem to have been created, where I've also tried to access and I find the same message and can't access any thread, just the main index. Is it new that the general forum in FE is restricted now or is it some problem with the server? Wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble and how to solve it as I'm really interested in reading the comments on the article!
TIA, A.

Hi ATester!

I had a similar problem a while back. I think the issue is that Proboards changed their forums, so you have to sign in with a new account. That did the trick for me, but if that doesn't work for you, I think you can PM Deb or Sean for help (via EDS). HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everbody, . Those of you trying to login to my Gen.Forum and are having problems... Proboards changed their format with no warning!. Many of you are being asked to renew your login password (can't be less than 8 char) I too had to change mine. Sorry about that. I hope you'll still stop by. Many new changes and topics and you are all so very welcome. http://www.flexeffect.proboards.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
ATester wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:

TIA, A.

Hi ATester!

I had a similar problem a while back. I think the issue is that Proboards changed their forums, so you have to sign in with a new account. That did the trick for me, but if that doesn't work for you, I think you can PM Deb or Sean for help (via EDS). HTH Smile

Thamks, I've signed in and managed to access to read. Before it was a completely open forum like EDS, you could read it without having to register, I think it is a drawback as many will not want to spend the time registering.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Hi Everbody, . Those of you trying to login to my Gen.Forum and are having problems... Proboards changed their format with no warning!. Many of you are being asked to renew your login password (can't be less than 8 char) I too had to change mine. Sorry about that. I hope you'll still stop by. Many new changes and topics and you are all so very welcome. http://www.flexeffect.proboards.com

Hi, I also had to log in three times in a row to be admited again in the 3rd edition workshop!! LOL Rolling Eyes
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Sure I understand that, but we’ve done this to improve the forum moreso. Previously it was getting spammed up with various postings etc (and many were mechanical and not human induced) and that was distracting and we had many complaints and so the registration process prevents that from happening.

As you are on the general forum now you will have read some of the stuff that has happened previously which we are openly discussing there and alerting people to – and the registration process is helping us to prevent that same thing from happening again.

So whilst its time consuming, and as you say some will not want to spend the time registering its being done with the best intentions of making the forum as neat as possible (without spam) but also preventing trouble makers from creating dramas (using hidden guises).

ATester wrote:
Thamks, I've signed in and managed to access to read. Before it was a completely open forum like EDS, you could read it without having to register, I think it is a drawback as many will not want to spend the time registering.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Wow but you’re in now I take it?

The Workshop Forum was a real eye opener. There are up to times a hundred registrations a day, and the verification process is there with good reason because many times those people that register don’t even own the kit (and hey why should someone who doesn’t own the kit be entitled to the same help/advice that someone like you who has purchased the materials would be?

And naturally sometimes its down to human error when people complete the 3rd registration too. I can understand there is sometimes annoyance at the speed of processing individual entries but its done with clients in mind.

ATester wrote:
Hi, I also had to log in three times in a row to be admited again in the 3rd edition workshop!! LOL Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:29 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUk, I bought the 3rd edition Flexeffect in 2009 or 2010 - I used to look on the boards occasionally but never registered to post as often found plenty of info there already. Where do I find my registration code - it is not in my book - also had a disc which I am now trying to find - is it on that?

Thanks

Tyger
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tyger

Not sure where the registration code you are talking about is mentioned, as from memory the only thing you need for the workshop is your email address that you did the purchase with.

When you register for workshop (link: http://www.flexeffectworkshop.proboards.com), you must use the same email address you used when you purchased your FlexEffect program. If for some reason this is not possible, email WorkShop Assistance and give them your first / last name, the email address you used when you purchased FlexEffect and the new email address you wish to use.

The exception is if you purchased by PHONE - FAX - MAIL. You must first contact WorkShop Assistance, provide your first / last name, month / year of purchase, and the email address you wish to use, you will then be given access to the fourm.

Once you register, it could take a day or two to gain entry as the entries are verified to make sure they are correct owners of the product (and you'd be amazed how many people try and join without purchasing the product etc).

Does that help?

Sean
Tyger wrote:
SeanySeanUk, I bought the 3rd edition Flexeffect in 2009 or 2010 - I used to look on the boards occasionally but never registered to post as often found plenty of info there already. Where do I find my registration code - it is not in my book - also had a disc which I am now trying to find - is it on that?

Thanks

Tyger

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Of course for the general forum which is open to all you don't need any code but there is some great info there too. Again we've put a registration page in there just to prevent people spamming the forum, but its pretty simple to figure out.
Tyger wrote:

Thanks

Tyger

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |