Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Thermigen for skin tightening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this RF treatment that heats up the skin using small needles? From Real Self:

"I have read the previous experts testimonies to the Ultherapy effect being better than the Thermigen RF treatments. If my colleagues took the time to fully understand these two therapies or treatments they would see these modalities are like comparing apples to oranges! One is "external", non invasive, applied to the skin surface while the other is minimal invasive. Yes with minimal invasion the skin is incised. These modalities address the skin/fat in different technologies. It is easy to see that in true expert hands the minimal invasive treatments of Thermigen RF can obtain excellent results in many body areas not just the face/neck as with the non invasive ultrasound, Ultherapy.

"In fact, Thermigen RF is being used to treat face, neck, under eyes, axillary fold, upper arms, breasts, abdomen, waist flanks, back, thighs, vaginal area offering impressive skin tightening and fat reduction of the sub dermal fat layer. In my hands I would offer the Thermigen to tighten the chin/jowls much over this external heating concept. But again that is my personal opinion. The test of time will be needed to demonstrate the ease of these therapies. Though I would recommend the prospective patient see doctor providers of both therapies."

The company put out a press release
http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-rss/thermiaesthetics-completes-initial-phase-of-establishing-its-clinical-advisory-council-364859.php
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Had my Thermigen consultation today. The doc explained that the regulated and focused heat under the skin melts the fat which your body absorbs over the next three months, and it also shrinks the skin. He said years ago he thought he could just remove the fat from the pads above the nasolabial folds but it left deep lines. The heat is the key. He said when that area is fully healed, it flattens out and you don't need filler and you have a lifted appearance since the focus is upward toward your cheekbones. So I'm getting it done in a few weeks.

No fat on my neck so Thermigen wouldn't work there, and he didn't think it looked bad enough to do anything now. He said I could try botox and see how that would be. I think I'll wait a while. And wear turtlenecks and scarves. Bad Grin
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Went for my treatment today. My doctor said he prefers Thermigen because it's very precise and gives the best results.

Ate a small breakfast (you don’t have to fast for this procedure). Doc took photos, marked my skin with purple, took more photos to show the marks. The nurse gave me some cranberry juice and water because the epinephrine in the anesthetic fluid they pump into your face lowers your blood sugar. This is the same fluid that they use for liposuction, if you’ve ever had it. I've had lipo so I knew what to expect, although the amount used today was far, far less. The epi makes you feel anxious. Kind of a weird feeling having my body feeling anxious when my mind was calm and relaxed!

I didn’t undress but wore a low necked top just so no fabric would be in his way. I reclined on the table with warm covers over me. Cozy! I had the option of taking a “happy pill” to relax but declined since I like being awake and also needed to drive after.

Face was swabbed with alcohol and betadine (let them know if you are allergic to iodine). He injected anesthetic from jawline to above nostrils in the area where the malar fat pads were. Honestly, I barely felt it. Then it was a matter of waiting to get numb. When I was ready, I got up for one last quick pee to get rid of the juice and water. Then lied down to listen to the Christmas carols playing on his iPod. Do all plastic surgeons play music while working?

The nurse put a grounding device (felt like a cold slab of something) on my back. Doc started (he uses a foot pedal), the machine beeps, and I felt a bit of warm in the area but it was pleasant. He would give the nurse numbers to write down -- something to do with the setting on the machine I guess. I think it took about fifteen minutes per side.

After he was done with the machine, he pressed into the cheeks to help flatten the fat. That was the most painful part actually, the pressing down, but it was only a few seconds.

He and nurse rubbed the area to remove the purple marks then put little steri-strips over the opening on each side where he inserted the instrument. He said to keep the strips on for 48 hours and if they fell off earlier, that's okay. I won't wash my face tonight to be safe.

The area below my eyes toward my nose was yellow and puffy, and the other treated areas were white and puffy. It looked like I had jowls because water travels downhill! The nurse dabbed cortisone ointment on the area to keep down the redness from all the previous rubbing to get the purple marks off. She gave me a bottle of cranberry juice to take with me to flush out the remaining epi and I felt fine about half an hour later.

It’s five hours later and no bruising or pain. Just minor redness which looks a bit like roseacea. Swelling has gone a teeny bit but I know not to be impatient. As long as it’s gone by Monday!

I will sleep on my back, slightly elevated, for the next few nights. He said to take a photo of myself and email to the nurse on Monday if there is any redness or the swelling hasn’t subsided. Otherwise, he doesn't really need to see me.

Very Happy

Hope to see good results in Feb or March.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing all these details...I am very interested in how things go for you, and may be looking into something similar for myself down the road.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin...is this procedure the same as Thermage? Would it not be right for someone with a thin face that doesn't want to lose any volume. I would love to tighten things up in my face, but not lose the little bit of fat I still have. Rolling Eyes
Thanks for updating us on how its going!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 am      Reply with quote
This is different from Thermage as Thermage doesn't use incisions to put the energy into the skin.

It sounds interesting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Today my face is still slightly swollen in the areas where he worked. It's a bit red but I used hydrocortisone cream under a full face of foundation today. My skin feels a bit itchy probably because I don't normally wear foundation. I look like someone who needs Thermigen now! Laughing I would recommend that anyone doing this, who doesn't want it known, to do it at the beginning of your vacation. You shouldn't need more than a week, I would think.

I was surprised when doc called me the following day to see how I was doing. Unexpected but appreciated. I know they normally do that if you've had surgery but this was a relatively easy procedure.

The worst part is just being patient for the next few months.

This only works if you have some fat you want to get rid of although I don't know why that is. I have a thin face with high cheekbones and prominent chin but these two fat pads just looked out of place. I like a lean and sculpted look anyway.

Doc said, at my consultation, that I might need a minilift for lower face in five years but I wonder if Thermigen will fix that bit of looseness even though he didn't work in those particular areas. The tightening above it might just pull everything up.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |