Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Foreo Luna
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I don't own the Foreo - but I did buy this little silicon cleansing pad some time ago in Hong Kong.
http://allaboutrandoms.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/review-sasatinnie-facial-cleansing-brush/

Personally, I think the whole sonic thing is overblown. Sonic just means it vibrates, nothing more.

So if you don't want to fork out allot of money for the Foreo, you might want to consider this because I think it was only a couple of dollars.

It looks like a worthwhile product. Maybe it can be found on ebay.

Re: Based on your statement: Sonic just means it vibrates, nothing more.

I beg to differ. The research data as presented by Philips Sonicare which would say otherwise. The term sonic in some cases may be synonymous with vibrate but not in the case of the F.L. nor the Sonicare toothbrush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
The Sasatinnie can be bought from Sasa.com
http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=104537301001&cm_re=hp-eng-_-hotitem-_-%E9%9D%A2%E9%83%A8%E6%B8%85%E6%BD%94%E5%88%B7

I haven't seen the data from the Philips Sonic Toothbrush or the FL - but in the case of the Clarisonic, I have research this and the term sonic merely means the brush vibrates, nothing more.

This is from the Philips website re their toothbrush:

Quote:
Philips Sonicare is based on innovative patented sonic technology. High frequency and high amplitude motions create a dynamic cleaning action that drives fluids deep into the tight spaces between your teeth and along the gum line, which results in a cleaner, healthier mouth.http://www.philips.com.au/content/au/oralhealthcare/www/en/consumer/cons-brand.html

Again, this refers to motion - not to any kind of ultrasound - which is what I first thought the term sonic meant. When I purchased the Clarisonic, I thought it operated in a similar fashion to ultrasound cleansers, but it doesn't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I don't own the Foreo - but I did buy this little silicon cleansing pad some time ago in Hong Kong.
http://allaboutrandoms.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/review-sasatinnie-facial-cleansing-brush/ ......

Keliu wrote:
http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=104537301001&cm_re=hp-eng-_-hotitem-_-%E9%9D%A2%E9%83%A8%E6%B8%85%E6%BD%94%E5%88%B7......

My friend has been using it for a while and she speaks highly of it but not Sasatinnie.

Before her purchase, she had checked for few shops and finally bought this one.

http://www.kai-group.com/store/products/detail/2913

She says that the cleansing pad of Kai & Sasatinnie look the same but she likes those products made by Kai very much.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I do have the little gel/silicone cleansing pad but it doesn't work. I got it from Sephora.
Not if it had vibration with it, maybe?
Definitely looking into the Foreo.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using and digging mine. Thanks to whoever posted that you should cleanse first as I haven't been doing that.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=104537301001&cm_re=hp-eng-_-hotitem-_-%E9%9D%A2%E9%83%A8%E6%B8%85%E6%BD%94%E5%88%B7

I haven't seen the data from the Philips Sonic Toothbrush or the FL - but in the case of the Clarisonic, I have research this and the term sonic merely means the brush vibrates, nothing more.

This is from the Philips website re their toothbrush:

Quote:
Philips Sonicare is based on innovative patented sonic technology. High frequency and high amplitude motions create a dynamic cleaning action that drives fluids deep into the tight spaces between your teeth and along the gum line, which results in a cleaner, healthier mouth.http://www.philips.com.au/content/au/oralhealthcare/www/en/consumer/cons-brand.html

Again, this refers to motion - not to any kind of ultrasound - which is what I first thought the term sonic meant. When I purchased the Clarisonic, I thought it operated in a similar fashion to ultrasound cleansers, but it doesn't.

I work with Philips sonicare on a regular basis; I've spoken with research and development staff and have demonstration pieces which are able to show the sonic vibrations of their toothbrush line. The sonic movement of the toothbrush when in use is so rapid it cannot be distinguished with the naked eye without the demonstration piece. They are the real deal. I love that product line.

I was hopeful the Clarisonic would have some form of true Sonic action also and though I like the Clarisonic it cannot be compared to the action of the Foreo Luna.... or the Sonicare toothbrush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:10 am      Reply with quote
"Ultrasound is acoustic (sound) energy in the form of waves having a frequency above the human hearing range. The highest frequency that the human ear can detect is approximately 20 thousand cycles per second (20,000 Hz). This is where the sonic range ends, and where the ultrasonic range begins. Ultrasound is used in electronic, navigational, industrial, and security applications. It is also used in medicine to view internal organs of the body."
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/ultrasound

So its not "movement" if its ultrasound. Foreo Luna is being silly and hoping we wont know the difference - what they mean to imply is that its "faster than fast: supersonic".

5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the blue one for combo skin from Sephora. Charged up super fast in about an hour. Used it 5 times so far, and I really love it.

I own 2 Clarisonic brushes, and so far the Luna has impressed me more.

My face is smoother already and my pores appear a bit smaller.

Sandy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:47 am      Reply with quote
My skin cant tolerate any silicones in products: I break out terribly.

The Foreo Luna says on their website that the little nodes are silicone-coated. My skin really cant tolerate the Foreo. At first I thought it was just purging, or something I was using or eating, but after eliminating all these factors, my skin still breaks out when I use it.

I wrote to Foreo Luna about this and they poo-poo'ed my complaint, first denying that it could even be happening d/t their product, then stating that they dont have a Satisfaction Guarantee, only a Warranty Guarantee. So Im SOL. Would not repurchase this POS!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie,

so sorry.

My skin also does not tolerate any silicones in skin care (same thing - breakouts); but I have no problem so far with Foreo. Go figure...

That is so sad that the company does not stand behind the product. Can you try to write to their CEO or someone above customer support?

5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie,

I'm so sorry to hear about the poor customer service you received.

I agree with Sigma, write to the CEO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update on how I am getting on with the Forneo Luna (I have the larger one for normal skin). I really, really like it a whole lot, I have had the clarisonic for a few years now but the Luna suits me so much better as it is a lot more gentle and still give my skin a great clean. I've broken out much less since using it as it is also less hassle to charge, use and carry about than the clarisonic so now I just use the clarisonic on my body in the shower.

Its not a miracle product but at £145 it is currently money well spent!
twopearls

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the mini for about a week now and really love it.

I don't wear makeup, so I only use it once a day. I was afraid it might make my rosacea flare up, but so far it hasn't

I have a clarisonic that I had to stop using years ago because it irritated my skin so much.

I bought the luna in anticipation of what's going to happen to my skin (dry flakiness) after using the Tria Age Defying Laser for a while. I wanted something to exfoliate that wasn't harsh.

So far so good.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Twopearls- Where do you find the mini? Do you think it works just as well?
I have had both full size Clarisonic and the Mia now, and the Mia works fine for me but of course is not as equipped with all bells and whistles.
Just wondered how the two compare with this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Mini after reading this thread and have had it for about 2-3 weeks now. Previously I was using the Clarisonic Mia. I have to say I've very impressed with the Luna Mini. Since I've started using it ... my skin is smoother, my pores appear to be less clogged (I still have some clogged pores, but I definitely can see a positive difference).

Truthfully, the Clarisonic never seemed to really make much of a difference, and after cleansing I could still see flaky skin in some areas. Now some of it might be the products I've been using as well, but I've been using them for a few months now and I could still see a difference in smoothness/pores since I've started using the Mini. Whereas I could still see flaky skin after using the Clarisonic, not with the Luna Mini.

The one thing is I couldn't use my glycolic cleanser with the Mini ... it made my skin feel dry. So I switched to some Obagi Gentle Cleanser I had left and it's working much better. I only use the Mini at night (I use Dermalogica PreCleanse and then the Luna Mini with my cleanser).
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 am      Reply with quote
New Beauty magazine has a full page ad in this month's issue. Looks pretty fabulous!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
New Beauty magazine has a full page ad in this month's issue. Looks pretty fabulous!

I love this little device. I use it every morning in my shower - it sits in there waiting for me. So convenient, clean, hygienic and it works on my oily/combo skin. I still use my Clarisonic when I do facials - primarily use it with exfoliating grains (something you should not do with the Luna)). For me they both have purpose and I will use both. Everyday I love the F.L. It reduces blackheads and shows a more refined skin care result than the Clarisonic did for me as an everyday device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I bought the Mini after reading this thread and have had it for about 2-3 weeks now. Previously I was using the Clarisonic Mia. I have to say I've very impressed with the Luna Mini. Since I've started using it ... my skin is smoother, my pores appear to be less clogged (I still have some clogged pores, but I definitely can see a positive difference).

Truthfully, the Clarisonic never seemed to really make much of a difference, and after cleansing I could still see flaky skin in some areas. Now some of it might be the products I've been using as well, but I've been using them for a few months now and I could still see a difference in smoothness/pores since I've started using the Mini. Whereas I could still see flaky skin after using the Clarisonic, not with the Luna Mini.

The one thing is I couldn't use my glycolic cleanser with the Mini ... it made my skin feel dry. So I switched to some Obagi Gentle Cleanser I had left and it's working much better. I only use the Mini at night (I use Dermalogica PreCleanse and then the Luna Mini with my cleanser).

Love the dermalogica precleanse. It's a treat, isn't it. Recommended to me by my esthetician.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I have combo skin with dry, oily and a little rosacea. Which color would be best? I read a few reviews were some had bought the pink or white and they did not clean as well as the blue so they exchanged them for the blue.
Also, still have not found the mini.
Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Love the dermalogica precleanse. It's a treat, isn't it. Recommended to me by my esthetician.

Yes! I love it. Love the smell and my skin feels so clean after I use it, followed by my cleanser with the Luna Mini.

AnnieR wrote:
Also, still have not found the mini.

I bought my Mini off askderm. I didn't want to spend the $ for the larger version, and I've been really happy with the Mini. I think it's the perfect size.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help all! I found it and about to order once I pick the color. I think I will just go with the blue.
Since it honestly doesn't seem to be much difference between the 2, I think I am going with the mini.
Cannot wait to try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2014 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I finally took the plunge and ordered the pink normal/sensitive skin Fore Luna for $199. off the Foreo Luna website.

I left my beloved clarsonic Pro at a hotel about six months and have been on the fence since on whether to replace it or go the new way of the fore luna

I always considered the clarsonic one of my best beauty tools. I'll be sure to test my fore luna until i can give a good opinion on how it works for me.

What sold me is the long charge period, the no mold (had a lot in my clarsonic brush) no replacement brushes. …and mostly i like the vibration/sonic anti aging function. I really think that helps keep the skin tight.

I also think the new toothbrush coming out will be something I'll try as well.

It seems some of the reviews on the web seem "placed" so the more objective reviews we can get to help each other out..the better.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I got one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281884731763

I did have a Pretika SonicDermabrasion but I found I used it less and less, it was too "scratchy" for my skin and I reverted back to ole faithful microfibre cloths.

The kinder silicone material, and the fact I don't have to buy replacement brushes with this Foreo knockoff, appeals to me.

Of course, with dupes, it may not be as powerful or fall apart quickly but the price tag of the Foreo and Clarisonic seems ridiculous to me!

This one seems to be the same http://www.amazon.com/Be-All-About-Cleansing-Exfoliator/dp/B01D1WUMQU (reviews)

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Although I haven't tried one, I also wanted to say they now have quite a few dupes on Amazon and some have excellent reviews. If I purchase one, I will write a review.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2016 11:11 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I got one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281884731763

This one seems to be the same http://www.amazon.com/Be-All-About-Cleansing-Exfoliator/dp/B01D1WUMQU (reviews)
Just realised most of the "reviews" on there are Vine Voice (freebies/bought at a discount) which I'm always a bit leery of.

The Foreo Luna 2 appears to be more or less identical to the ebay/Amazon dupe, so we'll see!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |