Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Foreo Luna

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1497
Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Will do.

Happy and Healthy New Year to you too!

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2258
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I got the pink Foreo Luna from ForeoLuna.com.
It seems to make my skin more refined-looking (smaller pores, smooth glass-like texture) and I love it!

I use a gel cleanser first without the Foreo to remove sunscreen and eye makeup, then I use a glycolic acid cleanser for the longer Foreo cleansing.

Its brought some pimples to the surface tho (purging), so I use Head&Shoulders shampoo as a leave-on to get rid of these til the purging subsides.

The anti-ageing mode is soothing and I use it for product penetration over my serum at night, using a "rolling" motion to go over my entire face.

A nice little piece of kit!

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1497
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie,

that is what my experience had been as well.

Just wanted to mention that it is important to follow their direction and wash the makeup/sunscreen first. I was lazy and just did all at once - not the same effect.

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2258
Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Exactly. I wash first at night to get sunscreen/eye makeup off, rinse, then use the Foreo.

In the morning I just use the Foreo and the gel cleanser.

I got mine from ForeoSkin, sorry. << sounds drrty but isnt.

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting Sigma and Fawnie. Thanks - I appreciate hearing about your results. Great stuff!

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
bellabambiiina
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 212
Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have one of these from Sephora. A bit pricey even with my 10% VIB discount code. I got the white one (ultra sensitive). Only been using it a few days.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1497
Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
One of the few products that I still use and like.

I ordered one directly from the company (with discount code).

HTH

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
carlingus
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 94
Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've also got the white one, and it's been fantastic being able to feel a good deep clean again after not being able to use a clarisonic for so long because it gave me instant redness, blotchiness etc even with the sensitive brush head. It's a pricey gadget (I'm such a gadget lover it's almost embarrassing) but it feels rad, futuristic. My skin is smoother textured now, but I hadn't been washing off makeup first, I was doing it all at once, I'll try that tomorrow and see if I get results.

Ya know, I was somewhat attributing my more even skin tone to topicals I've recently been testing out (ASG) but it could also be due to just having cleaner skin!? I guess it's possible that might be the case, getting more of the crap off my skin at the end of day (I only use it at night, I don't wash in am except with a bit of water) makes it less irritated? I've been using it for a while now though but effects could be cumulative and maybe I'm just noticing a change now? Is that possible? Either way, I like this little dude!

One more thing- after working 9 hours straight and having woken up for work at 5am with no touch ups beyond swiping on lipgloss and blotting my tzone with a napkin a friend said this over drinks: "you look great! Refreshed! Pretty!"
I have no idea exactly what's changed but this reinforced that something seems to be different, I'm looking less tired after a long day of desk work in a stagnant air environment.
bellabambiiina
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 212
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:
I've also got the white one, and it's been fantastic being able to feel a good deep clean again after not being able to use a clarisonic for so long because it gave me instant redness, blotchiness etc even with the sensitive brush head. It's a pricey gadget (I'm such a gadget lover it's almost embarrassing) but it feels rad, futuristic. My skin is smoother textured now, but I hadn't been washing off makeup first, I was doing it all at once, I'll try that tomorrow and see if I get results.

Ya know, I was somewhat attributing my more even skin tone to topicals I've recently been testing out (ASG) but it could also be due to just having cleaner skin!? I guess it's possible that might be the case, getting more of the crap off my skin at the end of day (I only use it at night, I don't wash in am except with a bit of water) makes it less irritated? I've been using it for a while now though but effects could be cumulative and maybe I'm just noticing a change now? Is that possible? Either way, I like this little dude!

One more thing- after working 9 hours straight and having woken up for work at 5am with no touch ups beyond swiping on lipgloss and blotting my tzone with a napkin a friend said this over drinks: "you look great! Refreshed! Pretty!"
I have no idea exactly what's changed but this reinforced that something seems to be different, I'm looking less tired after a long day of desk work in a stagnant air environment.


Cool!

Okay yeah so I have the white one as well, and here's a question. It seems to me that the "front" of the device (where the on/off button is) is more suited for application of my serums, and the "back," having bigger ridges, is more suited for cleansing.

But it seems to me that in videos of the Foreo that I have watched, the "front" is seen as the cleansing side and the "back" is used as the anti-aging side.

Do the two sides truly differ in any way other than the ridges seem to be different? Does it matter if I use it in the opposite way than everyone in the videos seem to?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:26 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
One of the few products that I still use and like.

I ordered one directly from the company (with discount code).

HTH


Sigma - What discount code did you use? Never mind. - a little reading further back and I found it. Hope it still works.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1497
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Sis,

the one posted by Doba in previous post.

HTH

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
carlingus
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 94
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
BELLA:

Ya know I had that exact thought! I have kept using it the way the videos show you should use it-cleansing with front only- but I kind of doubt swapping the sides would matter? They just aren't that different.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 406
Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear I had never heard about this device before but after reading this thread I am so tempted to get one. I bought a clarisonic years ago and I must admit I was disappointed with it. I am very prone to blackheads and general clogging,it sometime s feels like every pore in my face is clogged even after years of careful cleansing and prescription retinod use. The clarisonic did help but even with the sensitive brush it did over strip my skin so I could never use it as often as I needed to keep my skin clear. The Luna seems like it might work for me so I am very, very tempted!
carlingus
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 94
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:55 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Oh dear I had never heard about this device before but after reading this thread I am so tempted to get one. I bought a clarisonic years ago and I must admit I was disappointed with it. I am very prone to blackheads and general clogging,it sometime s feels like every pore in my face is clogged even after years of careful cleansing and prescription retinod use. The clarisonic did help but even with the sensitive brush it did over strip my skin so I could never use it as often as I needed to keep my skin clear. The Luna seems like it might work for me so I am very, very tempted!



This is exactly what happened to me, even the sensitive brush heads made my face bright red, I developed rosacea shortly after buying the clarisonic and I am fairly certain it had a part in that now, along with a general propensity for it and using other irritating topicals. Now I slather myself in oils and gentle moisturizers and I have been using the foreo for a good amount of time now and no worsening of rosacea, it appears it's improved slightly
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 406
Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Well I ordered my Foreno Luna (I have combo, sensitive skin so I just got the pink one) yesterday and it arrived today! I have already tried it out once and it is very nice, certainly not as harsh as the clarisonic can be. I don't notice anything especially wonderful after the first use but then you normally don't. The claim you see a difference in 3 days use so I will post back then and let you know how it is working out.

It will take a bit of getting used to until I know the best way to move it round my face but it does get into most places. If it can unclog my pores without being harsh I will be very impressed indeed!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 1073
Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Have had a clarisonic for years, it is just starting to malfunction. I am on the fence to get another clarisonic or try this new gadget?? lol!! Very Happy
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 406
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on how the anti ageing part of the Foreo Luna relates to the Sqoom device? I am aware that the sqoom is a higher end and dedicated device but it seems that the Luna might offer some of the benefits of enhanced absorbtion?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2258
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I dont see how Foreo Luna can possibly say their product has "anti ageing" capability, or even that it helps products penetrate.

SQOOM et al are 1mHz. Foreo Luna is something like 0.00025mHz. The vibrations are relaxing but thats about it imho.

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 406
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I dont see how Foreo Luna can possibly say their product has "anti ageing" capability, or even that it helps products penetrate.

SQOOM et al are 1mHz. Foreo Luna is something like 0.00025mHz. The vibrations are relaxing but thats about it imho.


Thanks for your feedback Fawnie. I just got the Luna today so I really can't say if it does anything "anti ageing" yet but I wanted it for a non harsh deep clease so if it does that I'll be happy.

Perhaps this is a question for a seperate thread but have you tried any of the cheap ebay "sqoom" type devices? The Sqoom is currently out of my budget but I do think it looks interesting and I see cheap versions from china on ebay. Still I have bought some real junk from ebay for my face in the past I'm still not over the ultra sound "skin scrapper" I ordered a year or so ago. Traumatised so I was Embarassed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Well I ordered my Foreno Luna (I have combo, sensitive skin so I just got the pink one) yesterday and it arrived today! I have already tried it out once and it is very nice, certainly not as harsh as the clarisonic can be. I don't notice anything especially wonderful after the first use but then you normally don't. The claim you see a difference in 3 days use so I will post back then and let you know how it is working out.

It will take a bit of getting used to until I know the best way to move it round my face but it does get into most places. If it can unclog my pores without being harsh I will be very impressed indeed!


You ordered one day and it arrived the next. that's amazing - Is the manufacturing facility down the street. Laughing I ordered one a week ago and haven't heard or seen anything except notification that the order was received.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 406
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:42 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:


You ordered one day and it arrived the next. that's amazing - Is the manufacturing facility down the street. Laughing I ordered one a week ago and haven't heard or seen anything except notification that the order was received.


I ordered it from a UK supplier that already had some in stock and because it was over £100 it had free next day delivery. Not sure where you are based but the UK is pretty small so next day delivery (as long as your on the mainland)is the norm which is great!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:52 am      Reply with quote
My pretty blue foreo luna arrived and I've been using it for over a week now. It fits nicely in the hand. I love the chic architectural appearance.

I recently started using a precleanse from Dermalogica - for makeup removal so if I have makeup on I use this first, rinse and dry. I follow with a separate cleanser with the F.L. and use it on the cleansing mode. Great for around the nose (love it there). I've had some slight purging on the cheeks which surprised me.

Afterward I rinse, dab to dry very slightly (apply Ageless Secret - rub in, repeat). At this point it is a good time to add a serum or favorite moisturizer and use the antiaging mode for product penetration. It is not intended to replace a Squoom or Merbe but is helpful for lymphatic drainage and gentle massage. It's a convenient one minute process; easy to fit in.

I have a Clarisonic and I will likely keep it to use with exfoliating products when I give myself a facial (thanks Toby for turning me on to that whole thing - you are the best and I miss you on EDS- ) You should not use exfoliating products with the Foreo Luna as they can damage it. Also no products containing silicone.

For everyday cleaning I love the F.L. It feels good, it's quick, hygienic, easy to care for, easy to store - looks good on the sink, a quick and easy way for basic product penetration and massage.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I got the pink Foreo Luna from ForeoLuna.com.
It seems to make my skin more refined-looking (smaller pores, smooth glass-like texture) and I love it!

I use a gel cleanser first without the Foreo to remove sunscreen and eye makeup, then I use a glycolic acid cleanser for the longer Foreo cleansing.

Its brought some pimples to the surface tho (purging), so I use Head&Shoulders shampoo as a leave-on to get rid of these til the purging subsides.

The anti-ageing mode is soothing and I use it for product penetration over my serum at night, using a "rolling" motion to go over my entire face.

A nice little piece of kit!


Fawnie - what serum are you using this over at night?

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6552
Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't own the Foreo - but I did buy this little silicon cleansing pad some time ago in Hong Kong.
http://allaboutrandoms.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/review-sasatinnie-facial-cleansing-brush/

It's the best facial cleanser that I've used - obviously, it's not an electrical device - but it's very effective. Personally, I think the whole sonic thing is overblown. Sonic just means it vibrates, nothing more.

So if you don't want to fork out allot of money for the Foreo, you might want to consider this because I think it was only a couple of dollars.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 754
Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Good find, Keliu! I will ask my friend to buy one for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Donell Brightening Cream (1 oz) Ahava Bright Skies Travel Set (5 items) Payot Soothing Reconstituting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)