Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What age to start using anti-wrinkle creams?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lyn

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I am a 21yr old, and have a few fine lines under my eyes. Since going on this site I have been obsessed with my skin and have purchased all these vit C, AHA, anti-crinkle creams Wink I was just wondering if all these creams are bad/good for me at my age? any suggestions?

Cheers,
Lyn
Mabsy

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I can't give you a definitive answer for that apart from the fact that I've been using various anti-wrinkle and vit C, AHA products for years and my skin is pretty good for my age (well, that's what I think anyway Smile) especially given the climate I live in.

However, at your age, I probably wouln't go using too much AHA around the eye area. Vitamin C products and standard anti-wrinkle eye creams should be fine though.
water nymph
5% products discount

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lyn, I started using anti-wrinkle products from about the age of 25 and my skins not too bad!I use Dr Hauschka products now,and my skins looking great and i just turned 35 Sad .
Lyn

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy,

I live in the ACT, and the sun is harsh here since we're so high up. im going to do what ever i can to stop those lines appearing! Laughing
Mabsy

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Lyn wrote:
Thanks Mabsy,

I live in the ACT, and the sun is harsh here since we're so high up. im going to do what ever i can to stop those lines appearing! Laughing

You mean ACT, Aus? If so then (and yes this is a bit (a lot!) off topic) I lived in Lyneham in Canberra and went to Telopea High School Wink If not then just act like you never saw this reply and ignore my geographical ignorance Smile
Lyn

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Lyn wrote:
Thanks Mabsy,

You mean ACT, Aus? If so then (and yes this is a bit (a lot!) off topic) I lived in Lyneham in Canberra and went to Telopea High School Wink If not then just act like you never saw this reply and ignore my geographical ignorance Smile

Yes, ACT Aus. I actually went to Lyneham High! Laughing It's funny how small this world is!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lyn....

One thing to keep in mind, if you're using an anti-wrinkle cream/serum with Argireline, like ADCE, Esthers Secret, Relax-a-Line, the Argireline with prevent new wrinkles from forming, as well as take care of any lines that have already formed. In view of it stopping new ones, 21 in the climate where you live, would not be too soon, in my opinion.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using anti-age products since age of 20. but them i think i'm crazy.. I think you should always take care of your skin, no matter what age,, it's just when you get older you'll start to notice things Embarassed Rolling Eyes , and maybe then invest into products for those specific problems.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:03 am      Reply with quote
skinprofusion - Agree with you! A lot of the stuff that I have used I used as a preventative measure. I'm hoping that one day in the future my skin will thank me for it. Having said that, I have not used retinols or anything stronger. Just the standard anti-aging products and I'm a sucker for anything that's an antioxidant Embarassed

Lyn - it gets weirder. I went to Lyneham High for two days but managed to convince my parents to put my in TH instead (where most of my friends went). I had to take TWO buses to get there instead of walking just down the road to LH! Laughing
mimirose
5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm another girl from OZ (Melbourne) and personally I would invest heavily in Sunscreen and other sun protection aids early on. I'm not sure myself when the best time to start anti ageing creams. I'm in my late 30's and have good skin with minimal lines - mostly from the influence of haveing a Spainish mother with good skin herself I think. Razz

5% products discount

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
lyn,
i started using antiwrinkle products and spf 50 when i was in high school. probably because of all the horror stories i read about in marie claire and allure.
your skin is young, and you should treat it that way. i always ended up with breakouts because i was putting stuff on my face that was more suited for women in their 40's! it's the biggest mistake you can make. you have healthy young skin and treating it as thus will keep your moisture levels stable and keep your skin acting like young skin.
there is nothing wrong with investing in a nice eye cream at your age. even bobbi brown in her skin and makeup book for teens recommends that. i really like caudalie's eye contour cream. it's a best seller at sephora, a cream/gel that is anti-wrinkle, anti-shadow, and anti-oxidant. it doesnt irritate the eyes, and is suitable for younger and older women. i've been using it for over a year if that is any indication. and i am 24.
those lines are just normal expression lines. invest in a good pair of jackie o sunglasses and enjoy the sun with a good sunscreen! it's easy to become obsessed with this sort of stuff, but save some of that money, because your eyes don't need all that right now! good luck to you!
Dianeth
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
*** edited***

SPAM
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
OK....Dianeth wins the totally obnoxious award for posting her crap on every single thread.

Shaking my head.....
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I would say sunscreen from all ages, as well as cleansing etc esp. at night, and i have heard anti-ageing from about mid-twenties. i have been cleansing and moisturising from about 14 and is good so far- i am 21 now too and don't think i need anti-ageing yet. this seems to be in keeping with everyone else so far tho-

take care

maddy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |